Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #3426
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
s'ok. Just wear a helmet.

Where's ac this morning? I need to ask him if he perpetrated this on me.

<--------------
Old 04-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #3427
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You've had that for like a week, you're just now asking?

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #3428
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had to work up an appropriately outraged tone.

ROAR
Old 04-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #3429
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
...but you're so cute and cuddly.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #3430
night-flyer

got four hours left for sleep and an eleven hour shift tomorrow. Not feeling well. I think I'll lay down for a bit. It's been a trying day.

goodnight muppetdude.

Quote:

Old 04-30-2012, 01:27 PM   #3431
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Night NF.

It took me an hour, but I have set up my new surround-sound PC speakers.

I may have done it wrong though... The back speakers seem to be carrying all the sound, whereas when I put my ear close to the front speakers, I can't hear much... *sigh*

It can't be too wrong! I followed the instructions, and my front-right speaker's light is lit up.

I'm going to blame my computer and leave it at that.

It's like a concert in my own bedroom! Ahhhhh!
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 04-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #3432
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Night, night!

Cliff, have you tried throwing your computer out the window? That sometimes works when it's not doing what you want.

ROAR
Old 04-30-2012, 01:35 PM   #3433
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Actually, the computer is right next to the window in my bedroom...

Okay, so I found some speaker settings, and it's a little better now.

It's still pretty good. I may have to turn the bass down though... Small bedroom!
Old 04-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #3434
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Rob, what's with the avatar??? Did I miss something?
Old 04-30-2012, 01:48 PM   #3435
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

It's because I'm adorable, Rosie.

How could you have missed that!?

ROAR
Old 04-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #3436
Purple Rose

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
It's because I'm adorable, Rosie.

How could you have missed that!?

ROAR
Oh but of course! Silly me for missing that. I had just woken up from a long afternoon nap on a very hot afternoon. Must have been that tropical daze.

Good to know. Still not convinced adorable kitty = adorable Rob, but will live with your claim.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #3437
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Actually, somebody did it to me.

This isn't my natural appearance.

I think it was ac.

It's part of his evil master plan to turn us all into kee kats.

You'd better watch out, Rosie. You could be next.

MEOW
Old 04-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #3438
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I think it was ac.
And you'd be wrong.

Good morning, house of people who cast the first stone.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:52 PM   #3439
Cliff Face

Ohhhhhh, that's how I'm supposed to get the speakers working!

Duh.

Of course, even though I know it's working properly now, all I can hear is the front speakers. Gah. Tech stuff and me don't mix.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #3440
Cliff Face

Evening AC.

It's getting close to bed time for me... But I just want to stay up listening to music.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #3441
Purple Rose

Quote:
It's part of his evil master plan to turn us all into kee kats.

You'd better watch out, Rosie. You could be next.

MEOW
Old 04-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #3442
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

You're right to be afraid, my friend!

Although now it seems like ac might not be as guilty as he looks.

But I don't know any other mods!

GRRRRR
Old 04-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #3443
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I would suspect a certain doggie moderator. Just guessing.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:07 PM   #3444
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

Hey, does everyone know what this upcoming Friday is?

Why, yes, it's the Official No Pants Day! I'm inviting Nicole, Anne, and Naomi over to celebrate and get drunk.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:09 PM   #3445
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Good point.

Haggis does blurve kee kats, the dastardly knave!

Quote:
Hey, does everyone know what this upcoming Friday is?

Why, yes, it's the Official No Pants Day! I'm inviting Nicole, Anne, and Naomi over to celebrate and get drunk.
Yes! The one day in the year when I don't have to feel like an outlaw!

*adjusts chaps*
Old 04-30-2012, 04:23 PM   #3446
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

Is there one of the moderators you've annoyed lately?

I mean, annoyed more than usual?

You can rule out Mac or Medievalist. They use atomic weapons.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:28 PM   #3447
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Unfairly accused.

I.Am.Innocent.

Quote:

Haggis does blurve kee kats, the dastardly knave!
Does not.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 04-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #3448
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

I wasn't accusing, just suspecting.

Old 04-30-2012, 04:34 PM   #3449
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Quote:
Is there one of the moderators you've annoyed lately?
Pfft. Like that would ever happen, ac!

*jazz hands*

*capers*

*beats chest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Does not.
Hmm.

Not even if they have rabies fairy wings?

*foams at the mouth*
Old 04-30-2012, 04:46 PM   #3450
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Would somebody please put the pussy cat out of his misery?

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Closed Thread