Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #276
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
:O

Okay now I know you've had too much wine.

I put a new lotion on yesterday after my shower and now I itching to death. :/ guess I was allergic to it. argh!!!!!!!!!!!!

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #277
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
It's been pretty watery around. Don't worry guys, I know how to swim
*throws donuts at Syd*

floatation devices, don't eat 'em all.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #278
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mmmmm nom nom nom doughnuts!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #279
night-flyer

Quote:
Mmmmm nom nom nom doughnuts!
oh geez, Syd's gonna drown. At least she'll go down happy.

Quote:

Old 03-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #280
alleycat
What's in the box?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Old 03-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #281
night-flyer

*quits licking monitor and goes to make coffee*

Quote:

Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #282
night-flyer

*stomach growls*

Shut up and eat the coffee I gave you! Stoopid stomach.

Quote:

Old 03-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #283
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, peeps!

Something funny...

I've lived in Africa all my life yet I still learn things about the African culture that I didn't know. Today is a case in point. I popped down to the grocery store, which is in a stip mall. As I walked toward the store entrance I noticed a crowd of people and cop car at the side of the building. Assuming some horrible crime had taken place I asked one of the African onlookers what had happened. He tells me that the grocery store called the police because an old woman was sitting outside the store and selling walkie talkies, without a license.

I thought I'd heard wrong. In what way would her selling electronic goods harm a supermarket? The African guy looks at me with that 'which-country-in-Europe-are-you-from?' expression. "No." He says. "Walkie-talkies." I must have been the picture of blank because he takes me gently by the elbow, moves me to one side and points.

There, laid out on a wooden plank, are rows and rows of chicken's heads and feet. Walkies. Talkies. Then the guy tells me that walkie-talkies make the best stew. (Insert puking emoticon here.)

You try shopping for groceries after that!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 03-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #284
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
*stomach growls*

Shut up and eat the coffee I gave you! Stoopid stomach.

Hey, Nighty! Want some walkie talkies?

Going cheep!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 03-30-2012, 04:00 PM   #285
alleycat
What's in the box?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How about some pink slime?

Old 03-30-2012, 04:16 PM   #286
night-flyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
Hey, Nighty! Want some walkie talkies?

Going cheep!
I think I'll stick with the coffee, but thanks for thinking of me. :P

They're not doing much walking or talking without their bodies.

Quote:

Old 03-30-2012, 05:03 PM   #287
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*pushes walkie talkie button*

<<static>>

Is this thing on?

That's a great story, Gail!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 03-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #288
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
good mornin' all ye Funners 'n Floozies. That's something Gail, w. that ol' woman! Hope you got your groceries, anyway. One time we were on a train when we lived in NY and an elderly lady had a shopping bag. All of a sudden, a bunch of live crabs were crawling down the aisle. The shopping bag broke! Everybody picked up their feet pretty quickly! s anyone? Happy weekend.
Old 03-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #289
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning House of wandering crabs.
NF, I read your blog post. Very well done. It's comforting to know there's still people who care out there.

I has coffee!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:04 PM   #290
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I has crabs!

No, wait...

ROAR
Old 03-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #291
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Yello home fries.

It is a rainy night here in Oregon. I guess morning...if you're a stickler for those kinds of things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
Yes, that have a "Flood" warning on the national weather map for your area, Syd.
Quote:
It's been pretty watery around. Don't worry guys, I know how to swim
Is this why I woke up to sirens this morning? I don't think I've ever heard them sound before. I thought we were being bombed.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-30-2012, 07:09 PM   #292
Susie

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
s you guyz still 'quack' me up. Thx. Muppet's got crabs? Nevah thought that would happen! House of wandering crabs. lol.

Hope everything's okay, kazy. s to all!

Last edited by Susie; 03-30-2012 at 07:10 PM. Reason: added
Old 03-30-2012, 07:11 PM   #293
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Did I say crabs?

I meant fleas.

ROAR
Old 03-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #294
Susie

Not much bettah, muppet. s
Old 03-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #295
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sirens, crabs, formerly live walkie talkies, floods...

So, status quo for HoFF, right?

Happy Friday!
Old 03-30-2012, 07:24 PM   #296
alleycat
What's in the box?
SuperModerator

Happy Friday!

Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #297
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've checked the news. Other than deeper than normal March mud puddles, things should be okay where I'm at. Some of the the lowlands are going to flood though.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #298
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Would you guys keep that rain up there, please? Last Sunday was stormy and wild. I'd like to have a dry weekend.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:38 PM   #299
alleycat
What's in the box?
SuperModerator

We had enough in 2010.

A large outlet mail here is just now reopening.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:40 PM   #300
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

At least this time we have the HOF ark!

ROAR
Closed Thread