Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:53 PM   #2926
Archerbird
Nightowl

Archerbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning house of curled and crumpled balls of fun.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #2927
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning to you, Archerbird. It's actually a bit past 2 a.m here. Correction- almost 2:30 a.m.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #2928
night-flyer
Roasting cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*wonders why all the songs on my playlist are so d*mned depressing*

*sips coffee and eats donuts*

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #2929
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I enjoy depressing songs. They are better for writing.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:50 PM   #2930
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Dang, don't you ever sleep, Syd?

Quote:

Old 04-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #2931
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
good mornin' mah lovely granchittlens! Have a super day! Take care, bee-hive 'n be well! s! prelicked orders available.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:55 PM   #2932
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't think many of my songs are depressing, but most of them are dark.

It's all a matter of perspective though. I know people who can't listen to metal or a band like Sisters Of Mercy because they get depressed, but I eat that stuff up.

Speaking of eating, I'm cooking pizza. Yum!
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Old 04-25-2012, 01:56 PM   #2933
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Although there's one song by Within Temptation with the line "Help me, I'm buried alive," which is sung with such emotion that it makes me depressed more often than not.

Powerful music does that to me. Even if it's technically a happy song - if the singer really means it, it gets to me.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #2934
Cliff Face

I'm in a good mood now. I don't know why exactly. But I feel like dancing. Of course, instead I am headbanging to some favourite songs.

Oh, pizza's almost ready! NOM.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #2935
alleycat
Ho Ho . . . Ack! Ack!
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning, house of behaving cats.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:13 PM   #2936
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Maybe it was the pizza that put you in high spirits.

I think I'll fix some pancakes, though it's a bit early for breakfast yet.

ETA: Good morning AC.

Quote:

Old 04-25-2012, 02:20 PM   #2937
alleycat
Ho Ho . . . Ack! Ack!
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 04-25-2012, 02:25 PM   #2938
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Dang, don't you ever sleep, Syd?
Probably more than you! :P
Old 04-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #2939
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
Probably more than you! :P
I doubt it, I sleep while I post. I have no idea wth I'm posting half the time.

Quote:

Old 04-25-2012, 02:30 PM   #2940
Cliff Face

Mmm pizza was yum.

Could hardly taste the tomato though, it was more a cheesy flavour.

Now... Do I NOM some chocolate biscuits for dessert, or do I be good and leave the biscuits where they are?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #2941
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
I doubt it, I sleep while I post. I have no idea wth I'm posting half the time.
I keep dropping pistachio nuts and/or shells. One day I will find the nuts and the shells have combined forces.

Just thought you should know.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #2942
Cliff Face

Syd, your avatar drink looks delicious. What is it?
Old 04-25-2012, 02:43 PM   #2943
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Face View Post
Syd, your avatar drink looks delicious. What is it?
Chocolate cup. Raspberry mocha mousse filling.

That poor cup is no longer with us.

It was delicious.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #2944
Cliff Face

Damn... That sounds good! *wonders if the 24-hour service station would be willing to make one of those*

I have chocolate souffle, might have one of those.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:45 PM   #2945
Cliff Face

Actually, what I'm really craving is a strawberry milkshake. Might have to get one at Uni tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #2946
night-flyer
Roasting cows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydneyd View Post
I keep dropping pistachio nuts and/or shells. One day I will find the nuts and the shells have combined forces.

Just thought you should know.
Yes, I can see your need for sharing that.

Quote:

Old 04-25-2012, 02:57 PM   #2947
Cliff Face

Ugh, I have homework to do. Why oh why must I have to do things to get places in life?! *hand to forehead* Woe!

Maybe I'm just lazy, but shouldn't some things be easy?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:37 PM   #2948
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't believe you're lazy, Cliff. Not at all! I do believe some things should be easy some times but sadly that is just a dream.

Do the homework, study hard, get a good job and hope for the best. One step at a time. Best your generation can do at the moment.

My kids are at uni in England (2nd year) and keep reminding us parents that a 1st is really hard to get and we should be happy with an Upper 2nd. So we say, fine, give your very, very best and if all you can manage is a 3rd, fine. We'll still love you and help you but just do your best.

Sorry Cliff, just had to do the mother thing now that the girls are preparing for exams in two weeks.

Hang in there!!! And eat lots of pizza. And pie. And chocolate.

Last edited by Purple Rose; 04-25-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #2949
Cliff Face

I should eat more chocolate. Mmm... chocolate.

Susie's a bad influence on me.

In other news, I have done my essential homework. I almost forgot about it!

Today's a public holiday in Australia (ANZAC Day) and I had planned on doing my reading assignment during the week (due tomorrow). But because I slept in today, and decided not to work on my essays (I have time and they're almost finished anyway), well, I almost completely forgot about the short thing due tomorrow.

Luckily I remembered. It's not worth much of my overall grade, but every bit counts!
Old 04-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #2950
GailD
Santa's little helper.

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Rosie!!!! Wow, we finally get here at the same time.

I think this pic must have been taken at AC's house. (Note plaster on finger.)

Gives a whole new meaning to the expression, 'Hang in there'. Don't you think?

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Closed Thread