Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2012, 06:25 PM   #2151
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
No. Catching up. I've seen the ads (it's on tonight here). He's not that goodlooking.

ETA: My programme's started. I might watch more later.
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr

Last edited by lisalulu09; 04-12-2012 at 06:36 PM.
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:42 PM   #2152
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YOU REALLY DONT THINK SO!?!?!?!

God i'm in love with him! And if you watched White Collar you would understand why.

So i got a beta reader who likes TAJ! Although they like TAJ more then FREAKs... oh well, i had a feeling that would happen. When i tell the plot of FREAKs people are like "Oh ok..." then when i tell TAJ people are amazed.

Guess it will make a good breakthrough book/series though. Then maybe after that LotF can shine. Oh well i can wish!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:43 PM   #2153
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I just... no.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #2154
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Its cool, guess he's not for everyone, i still love him though.

And apparently he can sing too!

I actually downloaded the song he sings, "Somebody i used to know". Not really because he was singing it but because i liked that version better then the original, and the song is soooooo relevant to my life right now.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 07:00 PM   #2155
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'll see how I go with the dude.

So Nick told me that his girlfriend dumped him for a nice guy, and that's important to his internal conflict.

I'm confused.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #2156
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm trying to decide if I want to just go ahead and watch the new Glee or if I should wait and watch with my roommate.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 07:19 PM   #2157
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Rachel's dads are insane.

And Rory is an idiot.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 07:45 PM   #2158
amlptj

I really don't feel like going to my class today... I dont think i will.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #2159
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Where is that quote about the book from, Tally? I didn't think any details about JK Rowling's new book had been released. (And I don't see her naming a character Barry.)
Parametric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:02 PM   #2160
amlptj

not that i know anything about J.K. Rowling, but just curious, why wouldn't she name a character Barry?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 08:03 PM   #2161
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Nick is probably my most confusing character ever.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 08:04 PM   #2162
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um, because her iconic, insanely popular, generation-defining protagonist is called Harry?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:07 PM   #2163
amlptj

HAHAHAHAHAHAH! Now i feel stupid! I soooo should have figured that one out!

*puts head down*

So in other news...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 PM   #2164
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #2165
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Barry/Harry...

I think she likes ARRY names.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #2166
amlptj

So hows the airship fight/attack on a school going?

ETA: This might be a stupid question but is a Chronicle just another world interchangeable with series or not?

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #2167
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Maybe. I'd say it's a series of stories covering a world/characters out of order in some way (think Narnia).

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #2168
Parametric
phoenix blazing

I googled the JK Rowling thing and it's not faked. Huh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
So hows the airship fight/attack on a school going?
Pretty good! I'm going to write an awesome death scene tonight. The protagonist's mentor is slated for a horrible, horrible death. How are you doing?
Old 04-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #2169
Parametric
phoenix blazing

I think of a chronicle as something like a saga - a series, but an epic, sweeping series.
Old 04-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #2170
amlptj

Hum... that makes sense. Guess it depends on how i decide to write it then... I had debated each of the three books written in a different person's POV... Rose, Jack, then Aiden. Or Rose/Aiden, Jack/Sly, and Rose/Aiden again. Who knows.

I just though Civil War Chronicles sounded cool hehehe.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #2171
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Laptop is slowly getting sorted.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #2172
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I googled the JK Rowling thing and it's not faked. Huh.

Pretty good! I'm going to write an awesome death scene tonight. The protagonist's mentor is slated for a horrible, horrible death. How are you doing?
Poor protag's mentor!

I'm good. Hoping to finish up RBSL tonight then i guess ponder what the hell i'm going to do after that. Ever since I've finished TAJ, I've been kind of at a loss for what my game plan is, for the first time in my life.

Maybe i'll just give up on writing for a little while and hope my right mind and confidence comes back to me. Its been a very frustrating, and confusing and depressing last few months for me.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #2173
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I envy you guys. YOU KNOW WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH YOUR CHARACTERS!!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #2174
HannahLovely
practical experience, FTW

HannahLovely is on a distinguished road
I am so excited about the new JKR book. Now I won't be able to concentrate for the whole day
HannahLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #2175
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

HURRY UP SEPTEMBER 27TH!!!

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr