Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #1426
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
I take it Will hasn't contacted you...?
The Pages of My Heart - YA Contemporary Romance - On hold

Reading:
"Starcrossed" - Josephine Angelini

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #1427
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
UK ALL THE WAY!!!!!

American one sucks... it cant even live up and is a disgrace! (sorry if you guys like that one but i feel very strongly against it)

I've been watching the UK one since it started. I'm not sure if i'm too keen on the new plot they came up with this season, considering what happened to all the MC's but Anne, but I LOVE TOM AND HAL! OCD Hal is so freaking adorable and Tom's a sweetheart! Although i'm so mad at him for the last episode! She was even named Allison! All Allison's are so awesome (I would know ) he should have never let her go!

Haha I used to like the UK version but I haven't been able to get over the fact that both Mitchell and George are gone. Haven't been watching it lately.

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #1428
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to beholdlisalulu09 is a splendid one to behold
Dinner time.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #1429
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I SOBBED MY EYES OUT!!!

Funny how i only really cry when it about TV shows... i'm way too emotionally attached to them. But i wanted to kill the writers of the show... i wanted to just murder then when they took away ALL THE FREAKING MAIN CHARACTERS!

again i'm not really sure if i'm the biggest fan of how the plot is shifting, but i'm still in love with Anne, and i love the new characters they brought on. Hal is so much hoter, and funnier then Mitchell ever was, and his OCD is just... well I love it. And Tom... well he might not be the cutest, but i just want to hug him, he's so adorable.

And Hal, would play such a great Adult Max, in my books....
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:36 PM   #1430
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
So do you guys have beta reader, writing buddies, friends, parents or someone who you guys just rant on to about your books and ideas for them, or just keep it all locked up in your brain?
I talk to my crit partner Dystophil every day. I pester her with all kinds of stuff - could I do this? would it be cool? did you notice that? She's very patient with my writing rambles.

I just looked back and we've been talking every day for 4+ years. Damn.
Parametric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #1431
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have loads of friends, family and more friends to bounce ideas off of! I also tend to leave lots of creepy reps in Para's User CP, but that has little to do with writing and more to do with my raging fancrush on her writing.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (being planned)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:51 PM   #1432
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I know what you mean HR. I'm at this very moment obsessed with a ton of shows, it takes away my whole weekend. But just a few months ago i got into White Collar, always meant to watch it, just never got around to it till now... although now i have way way too many shows to deal with.

I watch way way way too much TV... and this is only the winter/spring line up. I have a whole summer one too.
Right now I have Castle (which I watched all four seasons of in the last month), Once Upon a Time, NCIS, NCIS LA, and Glee that I keep up to date with. Once they start up again, I'll have Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, and Doctor Who.

Once I get started on a show that's been on for awhile, I tend to get obsessed to the point where I have to go back to the beginning and watch every episode in order.

Quote:
So do you guys have beta reader, writing buddies, friends, parents or someone who you guys just rant on to about your books and ideas for them, or just keep it all locked up in your brain?
I have a couple writing buddies that I do that with.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 PM   #1433
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I finished Sherlock last night with my friend.

We both knew everything that was happening, but still howled hysterically.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 PM   #1434
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I need to start finding people like this! My mom started taking an interest, but that's only because she is worried about me, and thinks it will make me feel better, plus whatever i say her comment is "That's great honey" soooo I need to find real people. I realized i just really need a writing support circle. It was only last week i realized i had actual friends IRL, so now on to writing support!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #1435
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I haven't started pestering my writing friend yet, but we do help each other out. The last thing was discussing her Dr Who spec script for Script Frenzy.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 11:07 PM   #1436
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horserider View Post
Right now I have Castle (which I watched all four seasons of in the last month), Once Upon a Time, NCIS, NCIS LA, and Glee that I keep up to date with. Once they start up again, I'll have Burn Notice, Covert Affairs, and Doctor Who.

Once I get started on a show that's been on for awhile, I tend to get obsessed to the point where I have to go back to the beginning and watch every episode in order.

I have a couple writing buddies that I do that with.
I know what you mean! I'm like that with shows too! I always wanted to get into Castle, just never got the chance! And i totally loved the first season of Covert Affairs, but never caught the second season, that's one that i need to go back to the beginning and watch.

What is killing me right now is that I've been a big TV show junkie since a little kid. One show i was utterly in love as a kid i caught an episode the other day one with the character who was my role model as a kid (and if you watch the show its shocking how much i actually ended up turning out like her) but anyway now i really want to go back and watch like all 10 seasons from the beginning! but i know i dont have the time, so i'll have to wait till summer.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:16 PM   #1437
amlptj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
I take it Will hasn't contacted you...?
No, not a words in a week. Although I contacted him yesterday giving him a week to pick his shit up from my apartment before i throw it out. He said Ok, end of conversation. I know he's off today so I was assuming he would pick up his shit today, but the lazy ass probably hasn't even gotten out of bed yet, so who know. Kind of hoping he doesn't come for it so i can have the pleasure of smashing it to shit, and or burning it.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #1438
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Haha. I always knew you are a girl not to mess with.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #1439
amlptj

Hahahaha very true, you dont want to find out what lies beneath this shy quiet dorky exterior

My mom and friends are utterly stunned how i'm handling this. My one friend was like "remind me never to piss you off... it scares me how quickly you turn. Monday you were fine, Tuesday you told me the news, Wednesday when i saw you next you were fine and plotting revenge."

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #1440
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

It's always the quiet ones...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #1441
amlptj

Yes, yes it is. They are quiet for a reason. They are just stalking there prey. hehehehehehehehe!

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #1442
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

YES.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #1443
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I know what you mean! I'm like that with shows too! I always wanted to get into Castle, just never got the chance! And i totally loved the first season of Covert Affairs, but never caught the second season, that's one that i need to go back to the beginning and watch.

What is killing me right now is that I've been a big TV show junkie since a little kid. One show i was utterly in love as a kid i caught an episode the other day one with the character who was my role model as a kid (and if you watch the show its shocking how much i actually ended up turning out like her) but anyway now i really want to go back and watch like all 10 seasons from the beginning! but i know i dont have the time, so i'll have to wait till summer.
Castle is awesome. I love it so much! I almost died when I found out that there are real versions of Castle's Nikki Heat books (the first of which I own and am now reading).

Covert Affairs is okay. I think season one was better than two. Though I would probably like it better if I wasn't watching it at the same time as Burn Notice (which is excellent).

I know what you mean! I found out that Saved by the Bell (a show that I used to watch when I woke up on weekday mornings) is on Netflix and I got so excited. I watched the first couple episodes yesterday. It's kind of a cheesy show but I still love it.

Quote:
It's always the quiet ones...
Yes...

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 04-03-2012, 11:36 PM   #1444
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I used to watch Saved by the Bell ALL THE TIME.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #1445
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm a big Castle fan. Or to be specific, I'm a big Beckett fan. She can interrogate me any time.
Parametric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:40 PM   #1446
amlptj

My show was Angel. The spin off of Buffy. I loved Buffy too but as she got into college the show went down hill quickly, and i began watching Angel more. When Fred joined the cast, i was utterly hooked! Although I"M SO MAD ABOUT HER AND WESLEY!!! They were so perfect for each other from the beginning and got three fucking days together! In like 4 season, and all that sexual tension later they got THREE DAYS!!!!

Yes, Fred was my 11 year old self's role model, her and Scully from X-Files. Guess its not really a shock i turned out to be a nerdy know-it-all after all.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #1447
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Nerdiness is awesome.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #1448
Horserider
Ever onward

Quote:
I used to watch Saved by the Bell ALL THE TIME.
Isn't it great?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
I'm a big Castle fan. Or to be specific, I'm a big Beckett fan. She can interrogate me any time.
I love Beckett. She's just so badass.

Quote:
My show was Angel. The spin off of Buffy. I loved Buffy too but as she got into college the show went down hill quickly, and i began watching Angel more. When Fred joined the cast, i was utterly hooked! Although I"M SO MAD ABOUT HER AND WESLEY!!! They were so perfect for each other from the beginning and got three fucking days together! In like 4 season, and all that sexual tension later they got THREE DAYS!!!!

Yes, Fred was my 11 year old self's role model, her and Scully from X-Files. Guess its not really a shock i turned out to be a nerdy know-it-all after all.
I didn't start watching Buffy until last year. I made it to season two before I found out what happens to Buffy and Angel (who I'm extremely attached to) and kind of drifted away from it. I'm thinking about starting up again this summer.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 04-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #1449
amlptj

Very true!

Now i'm trying to figure out where the nearest comic book/video game/bookstore is around here.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-03-2012, 11:52 PM   #1450
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

It was awesome. As was Teen Angel.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr