Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 05:17 AM   #4501
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats on graduating!

I'm great. I am trying to stay focused on one wip but so many of my other ones are starting to look...shiny lol

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #4502
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missus Akasha View Post
I finally graduated with my associate's degree, so I am very happy about that! Writing a little here and there, but no epic story plot yet. :< How are you?
Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Congrats on graduating!

I'm great. I am trying to stay focused on one wip but so many of my other ones are starting to look...shiny lol
Lol I hate it when that happens.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #4503
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hehe. Me too.

UNFAIR
Old 05-15-2012, 06:28 AM   #4504
Missus Akasha
I'm a monster. I'm a saint.

Missus Akasha has a spectacular auraMissus Akasha has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium View Post
Congrats on graduating!

LOL! Lemme borrow your muse for a while.

WIPs:
We Must Be Killers: Batman and Kick Ass meets Dexter meets Count of Monte Cristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre Gide
The most beautiful things are those that madness prompts and reason writes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Dennis
I always start writing with a clean piece of paper and a dirty mind.
Missus Akasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #4505
Elysium
believe

You can have him. I keep getting SNIs (got a new one a few hours ago) when I'm trying my hardest to stay focused on my latest wip. Not fun.

UNFAIR
Old 05-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #4506
Zoealea
Mmmm, caffeine.

Zoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolnessZoealea leaves trails of profuse coolness
*pokes head in*

Detachable (NaNo novel)-
1.6k/50k

Zoealea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #4507
comped
Why Me Worry?

comped is on a distinguished road
-pokes zolea's head-
comped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #4508
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning!

Hi, comped! I don't think we've met!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

KarlaErikaCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #4509
comped
Why Me Worry?

It appears we have not!

I'm Matt/comped BTW. I write YA and plays. need 2 more posts to post my 1 act.

comped
Old 05-15-2012, 04:00 PM   #4510
KarlaErikaCal

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi! I'll call you Matt! And SO COOL about writing plays. That's awesome!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 05-15-2012, 04:16 PM   #4511
comped
Why Me Worry?

Here's the summary:

The facts of romance begins in the drama classroom of Mr. John McIntyre. there we meet William Potter, his brother Charles, and friend Sydney Freedman, all freshmen hoping to survive high school- or at least Freshman year. Then, after meeting Mr. McIntyre, three girls come in late. They are Margaret Blake, Degrassi Nelson, and Spike Ryan, all seniors, and all of whom catch the eyes of the three teen male characters. William then asks out Margaret. William tells his parents, Henry, a former west-end and Broadway actor, and Lorraine that he has to go to the library to study- which is certainly not the case! From there, we meet her parents, Sherman, a former navy SEAL and current postal worker, and his wife Lorraine. They express surprise to Margaret's date, especially Sherman. William comes to Margaret's house, and gets a firm monologue from Sherman about what he expects. They then go to the Super fancy, super expensive restaurant, which is not super fancy, and only super expensive. The waiter asks them what they want to drink, and Margaret asks for strong alcohol, which William says is illegal. He opts for A&W root beer instead. Eventually, they both end up drunk, and finding that it is past their curfew, ask for two separate rooms in the budget motel that happens to operate in the restaurant's building as well. The waiter lies and tells them that the only two non-suite rooms have no heat, and so they take a suite. Then, we then see the classroom. Mr. McIntyre returned from jury duty in the 3 months between the date scene and that scene. Margaret tells William that she's pregnant. They then go off and tell their parents. William's parents are enraged, but not as much as Sherman and Mildred. They scream, and shout, and then invite the Potter's over to scream some more. They do. Then Charles and the other kids come and tell a story of the love between Margaret and William. Then William proposes. The wedding is held in the school's gym, officiated by the Reverend Dr. Lucille Johnson, a friend of Mr. McIntyre from the war. They get married, and Henry tells Sherman that he found pregnancy strips in the rooms of the friends (who happen to be Henry's kids), and Sherman says he found a text on Charles' phone to that same effect. The play closes with the two asking for a shot-gun and affirming each other that they're going straight to hell.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #4512
comped
Why Me Worry?

Here's the link for the full play:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245037

comped
Old 05-15-2012, 05:44 PM   #4513
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #4514
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, Lisa.

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 05-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #4515
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm debating making a Tumblr and new Twitter. The Twitter will be mostly for following people

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #4516
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by comped View Post
Yikes! All 7000 words in one post? You'll probably get more response if you only post 1500 words at a time. I'd also proofread carefully for spelling and grammar - people are more inclined to put effort into something if they see you've put effort into it too. Finally, people are more likely to critique you if they see you critiquing others. You get back what you put in. Just a few quick thoughts - that SYW forum is usually dead, so you may need all the help you can get.
Parametric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #4517
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Today was episode three of the Para and Kyrie Show. We went to the British Museum and then got pancakes. It's our season finale, since Kyrie is heading back to the US in a few days.
Parametric is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:06 AM   #4518
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awwwwww! I'm sorry, Para!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:26 AM   #4519
KarlaErikaCal

(((Hugs Para))) It's awesome you guys have got to hang out though!
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 AM   #4520
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Watching Vampire Diaries. It's episode 21

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #4521
comped
Why Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parametric View Post
Yikes! All 7000 words in one post? You'll probably get more response if you only post 1500 words at a time. I'd also proofread carefully for spelling and grammar - people are more inclined to put effort into something if they see you've put effort into it too. Finally, people are more likely to critique you if they see you critiquing others. You get back what you put in. Just a few quick thoughts - that SYW forum is usually dead, so you may need all the help you can get.
How should I split it up then? by scene? (it's only a 1 act, so I can't split by act)

comped
Old 05-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #4522
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
YAY VAMPIRE DIARIES.

So, two hours straight of Glee tonight! This will either be two hours of glorious television or the worst trainwreck in Fox history. Can't wait

By the way, I FINALLY got to The Avengers last night! And it was the best movie of the year, full stop. Sorry Hunger Games, you were good, but this movie... wow.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #4523
KarlaErikaCal

You can't really "split" them up. Usually people just post one snippet of up to 1500 words (I think that's the norm WC) and get thoughts on that. If you want a critique for the whole thing, I'd suggest finding someone else to read it. You can put up a request on the beta forum. (I think it's a forum at least).
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

Old 05-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #4524
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Tally do you think its worth it getting a tumblr and twitter

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-16-2012, 01:25 AM   #4525
Horserider
Ever onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
So, two hours straight of Glee tonight! This will either be two hours of glorious television or the worst trainwreck in Fox history. Can't wait
Two hours? O.o *didn't know this* I won't be watching until tomorrow either way, though.

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading: