Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 10:00 PM   #3301
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
Wow, the thread sure is dead.

On another note, check out this castle! It's in Slovenia. I want to steal it for a story.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #3302
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
PRETTY PICTURE.

I had a really weird dream last night...
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - On hold
Untitled - YA Paranormal Romance - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Girlfriend in a Coma" - Douglas Coupland

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #3303
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Rachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HEY GUYS!

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!"
~ The Doctor.

Untitled awesome YA ~ need beta.
Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #3304
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-30-2012, 10:45 PM   #3305
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Rachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRachel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
HOLAS!

I completely derailed my day reading the stuff about Story Siren. I don't know how I feel. :s

"You want weapons? We're in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have - arm yourselves!"
~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #3306
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

In other news: I need a new avatar.

~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:06 PM   #3307
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
RACE. *tacklehugs*

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:
Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Horserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:14 PM   #3308
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

HOLA HR!

I'm using a lot of caps today.

~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM   #3309
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Unmotivated.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-30-2012, 11:20 PM   #3310
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Lack of motivation to the extreme. I need to clean my apartment and start packing but... nothing. Nada. Zilch.

I am not even giving in to my extreme hunger for food.

Maybe it is time to break out the Pandora.

~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM   #3311
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I have a deadline Friday.

FML.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #3312
Horserider
Ever onward

Horserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHorserider is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have finals Thursday. Plus I need to clean up and start packing up my dorm...

I have hated the words and I have loved them, and I hope I have made them right. ~The Book Thief

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 04-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #3313
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Let's have a party, guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bt9x...eature=related

~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:34 PM   #3314
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalulu09 View Post
I have a deadline Friday.

FML.

Serious suckage, there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horserider View Post
I have finals Thursday. Plus I need to clean up and start packing up my dorm...

Same here! Finals Tuesday and Thursday night, out of my apartment Friday.
Sadly, my landlady is showing the apartment tomorrow, so I need to have it cleaned by tonight. *sob*

~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:40 PM   #3315
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Yeah. And I'm not motivated to finish the coursework.

D:

If I believed magic 8 balls 100%, I would be asking a lot of questions...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #3316
Horserider
Ever onward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Same here! Finals Tuesday and Thursday night, out of my apartment Friday.
Sadly, my landlady is showing the apartment tomorrow, so I need to have it cleaned by tonight. *sob*
Oh dear. Put on some upbeat music and turn it up loud!

WIPs:

Weredragon - revisions

Currently Reading:

Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 PM   #3317
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That sucks, I'm lucky this is the first year i'm able to have extra time to move out of my apartment because i'm a senior!

Seniors get senior week and that is pretty much a whole week between finals and graduation where the school holds congratulation programs. Funny thing is me and my friends are using that time to not go to the school stuff and just hang out and do fun things on our own, like going to an amusement park or something. Plus that gives me a whole week off to move out!!! Which is totally a plus! I plan to drive home once a day with stuff from my room.

Lets hope at least, everything rides on if i'm even graduating.... Which knowing my professor from hell i wont, but i'm giving it my all so that i can! Final week, exam on Friday and I'm working so hard and studying so much its a little shocking my brain hasn't exploded yet.

In other news I got a sort of confidence boost today when a guy at Wawa sort of hit on me. (at least i think he did. Why else would a total stranger start randomly awkwardly talking about coffee to a girl? Well I'm going to think he did to make me feel better heheehehe)
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:46 PM   #3318
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Guys are just odd like that haha.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-30-2012, 11:52 PM   #3319
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah i know. He was standing next to me, clearly from a construction company or something like that by his shirts logo. I felt really awkward because he was standing really close to me. So I grabbed the sugar for my coffee and he said "going to add coffee to that sugar?" Knowing i put way too much sugar in my coffee i laughed and he smiled and continued "You look sweet enough as is." then i smiled and walked away feeling really really awkward. Then he followed me to the check out and stood behind me. You know that feeling when you feel someone is watching you? Well i turned around and he was staring at me.

Anyway weird wawa experience over with. Now i'm really nervous about tomorrow. My friend sort of nonchalantly asked me to go out to dinner with her and her friend who she has told me on a few occasions would be perfect for me/i would be perfect for him. I thought nothing of this at first, I've met the guy once and he was nice and i know my friend hangs out with him alot, but then another friend and her were talking and I'm sort of getting paranoid something is up.

Its bad enough they are trying to push me into trying an online dating website...

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-30-2012, 11:55 PM   #3320
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

Total hitting-upon going on there.

And I'm still watching parrots on the youtube.

~ The Doctor.

Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #3321
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

It's weirder when a guy keeps appearing in your dreams...

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #3322
amlptj

HAHAHAh dont even get me started with dreams.

I've been having NIGHTMARES lately, and do you wanna guess who is the star of all my dreams??? And i consider then nightmares because this person is in them when he should stay the F*&% out of my dreams.

And i'll give you a hint, its not my professor from hell for a change.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 05-01-2012, 12:11 AM   #3323
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

He's just a friend.

Seriously WTF?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 05-01-2012, 12:12 AM   #3324
Rachel
Stuff and nonsense.

:O

~ The Doctor.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:13 AM   #3325
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

What does that mean?

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr