Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #2676
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
I'm going to bed. 'Night, guys.
Untitled - MG Fantasy - Resting
Sherlock Holmes' Apprentice - MG Historical Mystery - Writing the first draft

Reading:
"Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" - JK Rowling

Twitter
Tumblr
lisalulu09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:20 AM   #2677
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
back from class, everyone generally liked my chapter so i'm excited.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
amlptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:33 AM   #2678
Parametric
phoenix blazing

Parametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsParametric is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awesome! Of course they did.
Parametric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:38 AM   #2679
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hooray, Amp!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 03:56 AM   #2680
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YAY, Ally!

Hiya, guys
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

KarlaErikaCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 AM   #2681
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
thanks guys

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #2682
KarlaErikaCal
YA romance writer in love with love

KarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKarlaErikaCal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I added all my WIP word counts for TL, CMRH, and TWH - the ones I worked on since the start of the new year - as well as estimated cut words and included the 24K of TL's old draft that I completely decided to revamp. Total, it's around 70-72K written in the last 3.5 months. That makes me feel really good. Like I already did finish a novel
GOODREADS

WIPs:
TATTOO LOVE - 14.8K

KarlaErikaCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 AM   #2683
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, who wants to do write stuff write now!

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:51 AM   #2684
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
You'll be awesome, Zoe!

I have homework, unfortunately...

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:56 AM   #2685
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Sadness!

In this scene, a potential love interest botches his romantic check!

Quote:
Kes, who had been stepping backwards, froze. Her eyes widened and blood rushed to her cheeks. She had practiced with him only a few days before, though it felt more like a few years. But still, the way that he had said that made her heart flutter and her cheeks heat. She shook her head, remembering the sheer impropriety of this. She opened her mouth to lecture Nic about the nature of class, nobility, betrothal and how him being in this room – with that tone of voice! - went against the grain of all three.

She never got a single word out.

Nic leaned forward, caught her wrists and trapped her mouth with his.
Her eyes widened. And for maybe five seconds – stretching out to an eternity, as if she were a ship in the Warp and real-space was warping outside of her mind into weeks and months – she let the kiss continue. Her toes tingled and her breath stopped and her heart pounded like the drums of the bilge decks.

Then she shoved Nic back and slapped him.

He clutched his face, eyes wide. “Wha...T...What the hell was that for?”

“I'm betrothed!” Kes said, her hand tingling, her eyes just as wide. She had just smacked the son of Lord-Captain Sadronosticus. But she took a hold of her courage – she had faced down a witch, she could face down him. “I'm betrothed and, as the Emperor as my witness, I will do my duty and I will make sure you do your duty, Nicodimia Thrace-Sadronosticus!”

“My duty?”

“Yes!” She stood up straighter. “You will be married, as befits your station, to someone who has the proper blood.”

“The Black Bell on Terra would ring first!” He said, wiping at his cheek. “I'm a bastard, and moreover, I'm allowed to have a mistress or two, every-”

Kes saw red.

“Get. Out.” Her finger thrust to the door.

Is it considered feminist if a woman stands up for her right...to be subjugated by a horrifyingly misogynistic theocracy?

I don't know, but Joan of Arc did it, and so, I ape it in my Joan of Arc in Space Story!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #2686
MargoWest
the chart is not the sea

MargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputationMargoWest has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoombie View Post
Sadness!

Is it considered feminist if a woman stands up for her right...to be subjugated by a horrifyingly misogynistic theocracy?

I don't know, but Joan of Arc did it, and so, I ape it in my Joan of Arc in Space Story!
I don't know the answer to that either, but I love you for posing the question.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:04 AM   #2687
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Thanks!

I just love how WH40K fits the Joan of Arc story so well!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:10 AM   #2688
Elysium
believe

Location: In my computer....most of the time and Pennsylvania other times
Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey everyone!

UNFAIR
A Dark Retelling of Snow White
Elysium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #2689
Zoombie
AW Moderator

Sup howdy!

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #2690
Elysium
believe

Elysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsElysium is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I hate writing essays. :/

UNFAIR
Old 04-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #2691
Bookgirl2021
A place where dreams are born

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I second that, but would still rather write an essay than a reading response.

Mirror Effect: 2K/65K On hold

OLS: Editing

My Website/Personal Blog
Bookgirl2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:16 AM   #2692
Elysium
believe

I'd rather write a reading response lol

UNFAIR
Old 04-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #2693
Bookgirl2021

Location: In your head. I'm the little voice you hear all the time. And you thought that was your conscience!
Bookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBookgirl2021 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Essays I can totally BS without even thinking about it half the time. Reading responses are harder. Probably because they're shorter. It's like, "Okay. This should only take me like 15 minutes. ...What do I say, though?" And once I'm past that it's hard because with shorter papers I'm more of a perfectionist and I want to get the words right the first time.

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 04-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #2694
amlptj

sooooo i'm so tired.

Me and 4 others in my class stayed up till 2 trying to figure out the second of two problems on our take home test. We worked on it for 4 and a half hours and finally got answers!!! That actually make sense... although we're still not 100% sure they are correct... but its better then nothing!

In the mist of our hysteria i calculated how many hours we has a group of 5 worked on it. Answer? 12 hours, in the last three days. Then i added that into the amount of time i spent trying to figure this out alone... I spent a total of 47 hours in the last week on this fucking test alone. That's nearly two days of STRAIGHT work!!!

This test pretty much is the final line, if i pass i'm my chances of graduation go up by 10% meaning i have a 60% chance of actually graduating! Sadly if all those 47 hours end up with us all still getting the wrong answer and failing... then its game over and i dont graduate...

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #2695
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

lisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admirationlisalulu09 has earned our admiration
Hi, guys.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-20-2012, 06:13 PM   #2696
Thalia
better off with a really good lie

Thalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthoodThalia is a candidate for sainthood
I can BS my way through anything! Though essays I find a little easier than reading responses.

-E. Lockhart, The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
Thalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #2697
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

Being able to BS your way through things is an excellent skill to have. XD

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #2698
Bookgirl2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
I can BS my way through anything! Though essays I find a little easier than reading responses.
I still do basically BS reading responses, but it's harder. But almost any paper I write for school is a load of BS.

Something a friend and I were talking about once was that essays--especially for lit/theory classes--are almost all BS. There's actually more...truth, I suppose, in creative writing than in critical or analytic writing.

My Website/Personal Blog
Old 04-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #2699
lisalulu09
Potterhead Gleek

I'm stuck on what to do with the first chapter of Sticks and Stones for the purpose od submitting it.

Also, I wish I wouldn't keep getting signed out.

Reading:

Twitter
Tumblr
Old 04-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #2700
Taylor_Writes
#teampeeta

Taylor_Writes has a spectacular auraTaylor_Writes has a spectacular aura
*is amazed by pottermore*