Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #26
Kitty27
So Goth That I Was Born Black
AW Moderator

Kitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Chile.

This is terrible. It arouses my mama bear instincts. If any of my children ever tell me they are gay,I will love them just the same and dare anybody,adult or child, to bully or harass my young'ins. Hell shall be visited and they will weep.

It is a damned shame children are killing themselves because they live in such a horrid environment of hate. What the hell is wrong with these people?

After all this time,they actually believe that someone can be "lured" into being gay? Controlling teachers that might otherwise provide a safe person to talk to for a LGBT or questioning youth?

Even though I am agnostic,a Southern Baptist background dies hard. Who do they think Jesus hung with? He was with the whores,the outcasts and the downtrodden. He wasn't hanging with hateful folk,hypocrites,judgmental twit waffles,etc. Bringing religion into it just makes them look even more stupid.

If my mother's Black and deeply conservative church can stand up and welcome gay people into it with no problem,there is no excuse for this chit right here.

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Novel,Coming 2014.
Vampire Writer 4 life and don't GAF.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
RC Wilcox,RIP

Kitty27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:27 PM   #27
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
This is terrible. It arouses my mama bear instincts
I don't even have mama bear instincts and I want to gather these kids together and give them all a huge hug and tell them they are beautiful and precious exactly as they are. More than that, it makes me want to cry profusely. I'm a hard-hearted cow most of the time, so that's saying something.

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Best British Horror 2014. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #28
JimmyB27
Dazed & Confused

JimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJimmyB27 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogna View Post
*sigh* I couldn't make it through the article, it hits a bit too close to home for me.
It hits nowhere near close to home for me, and I'm having a hard time getting through it.

"Having been an English literary graduate, I've been trying to avoid the idea of doing art ever since. I think the idea of art kills creativity. I think media are at their most interesting before anybody's thought of calling them art, when people still think they're just a load of junk."
Douglas Adams
JimmyB27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:21 PM   #29
Maxinquaye
That cheeky buggerer

Maxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't see how this kind of thing could be solved unless someone sued the living snot out of the school board, and made a horrid stink about it that made everyone aware of how it is.

If Tammy Aalberg sued the school district for a billion dollars, or the parents of the lgbt kids got together in a class action suit and sued for a billion dollars each. Then maybe. If you can get half a billion for dropping hot coffee in your lap, maybe you can stop the school district from killing any further kids.
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Barnes
"Yes, of course we were pretentious what else is youth for?"
----
My blog and site:
Max on Everything
Maxinquaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:50 AM   #30
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I want these evil dirtbags done for manslaughter, but short of that, I'd endorse Maxinquaye's civil tort plan wholeheartedly. I agree, it's the only way they'll learn.

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 07:46 AM   #31
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The RS article mentions that the Southern Poverty Law Center and the National Center for Lesbian Rights are suing the Anoka-Hennepin school district alleging discriminatory policies that foster anti-gay bullying.

The DOJ is also conducting a civil rights investigation.

The eyes of the world are now upon them. They can't hide this behavior anymore.

Facebook, Twitter
Website, Goodreads, Pinterest

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!

When all else fails, just Lavern it. ~ Lavern
Let's just hit people with sticks. ~ alleycat
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #32
muravyets
Old revolutionary

muravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuravyets is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's good news, though it seems like they don't think they need to hide it. I don't expect people like that to learn to care about other people, but I do hope they'll learn someday that they are actually not the okay ones. If they can't learn not to hate, at least I hope they'll learn not to be so smug and proud of it.

Rule of thumb: Mura is not subtle.

The Grand Navigators, collaborative fantasy adventure party.
Cafe Muravyets, hang out of lazy writers.
Art: Portfolio and Studio Blog.
Me on Facebook.
muravyets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #33
Rufus Coppertop
Kissy kissy! Numnumnum!

Rufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRufus Coppertop is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
These kids who have committed suicide would have contributed far more to society and culture than the bile spouting bigots ever could.