Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2012, 06:52 PM   #26
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Shara is a glorious beacon of lightShara is a glorious beacon of light
I'd like to participate, if just because I firmly believe we women of horror should stick together in order to disabuse the world of the notion that women don't read or write horror..

However, I am not sure I can commit to a whole month of posts.

What I would like to do, though, is to post links to the website/links of other Women of Horror on my blog. And hopefully come up with some intelligent blog posts on this topic.

I think I will start by collecting links. So, if you're a woman who writes horror, send me your link and I will make sure I feature it!

MY BOOKS:

Shara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #27
dgrintalis
'Tis true, she is a monstergirl

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If anyone wants to do a guest post on my blog, give me a shout! My pages are open!

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

A tattoo can be a work of art…or a curse.

Out now in trade paperback and ebook from Samhain Horror.

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.
dgrintalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #28
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
@Shara--oh, you don't have to do a whole month. Whatever you want to contribute is awesome.

@dgrintalis--thanks for the offer! If I can think of a good topic, I'll definitely let you know.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 AM   #29
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrintalis View Post
If anyone wants to do a guest post on my blog, give me a shout! My pages are open!
Sounds great! But you do want to keep people reading your blog, right? lol...I'm too boring to be on anyone's blog.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Quote:
I'm up for doing a blog post for you - I'm a blatant publicity tart!

Any preference as to when or topic?

Shara

MY BOOKS:

Old 02-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #31
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mine is up. Not sure I got everyone who is blogging about it in my list. Seems like some of you haven't done it yet. I'll update the links as new ones are posted.

soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #32
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And I'm making the same offer on mine.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:02 AM   #33
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Okay, put up links of fellow WiH bloggers in my blog. Let me know if you have a blog up about it and I missed you.

Cool, Haggis! You sweet undead doggie, you.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 02-12-2012, 03:54 AM   #34
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had several ideas for posts and just couldn't decide. So I'm gonna do a few throughout the month.

First up is Luke Walker's favorite female characters in horror films.
Thanks for the guest post, Seun!

I think I'm going to do a separate post with all the links from this blog chain.
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #35
dgrintalis

dgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdgrintalis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
I'm up for doing a blog post for you - I'm a blatant publicity tart!

Any preference as to when or topic?

Shara
I'm sorry, I haven't visited this thread in a few days! Obviously.

I have someone posting on the 17th and someone else on the 22nd. Everything else is open! Same thing with topic. Whatever you want with respect to women and horror.

I will send my email address via reppie, so you have it!

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon

Coming in Spring 2014: An as yet untitled collection of short fiction from Apex Publications.

Last edited by dgrintalis; 02-12-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:13 AM   #36
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
I had several ideas for posts and just couldn't decide. So I'm gonna do a few throughout the month.

I think I'm going to do a separate post with all the links from this blog chain.
I have updated my link list!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:49 PM   #37
seun
Horror Man

seun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post

Thanks for having me.

My site My twitter My facebook
seun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 11:36 PM   #38
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthoodBriMaresh is a candidate for sainthood
Did I mention having posted a recommended reading of women in horror on my site?

BriMaresh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #39
night-flyer

lol! I have your link in my blog already, Bri. Even w/o you mentioning it. :P

Quote:

Old 02-13-2012, 02:52 AM   #40
soapdish
writing

Oh--I'm off to update now, Bri.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #41
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

OK, I've decided to do a three-part series, over the next three Wednesdays (because that co-incides with my WriteClub blog slot).

Part 1 is up now.

Parts 2 and 3 will include links to flag contemporary women horror writers - give me a shout if you want to make sure I include you and your link!

MY BOOKS:

Old 02-15-2012, 11:21 PM   #42
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
OK, I've decided to do a three-part series, over the next three Wednesdays (because that co-incides with my WriteClub blog slot).

Part 1 is up now.

Parts 2 and 3 will include links to flag contemporary women horror writers - give me a shout if you want to make sure I include you and your link!
Cool. I updated the links on my post to reflect this.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:48 PM   #43
night-flyer

Just added your link to my blog, Shara.

Quote:

Old 02-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #44
night-flyer

So far, I count seven of us in this, at least that's how many links I have, six and then me. Hope I haven't left anyone out.

Quote:

Old 02-16-2012, 01:08 AM   #45
soapdish
writing

That's consistent with my math.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 AM   #46
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My link round-up is here. Hope I got everyone. Please let me know if I missed a post.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #47
dolores haze
ageing savage

An interview with AW's own Nicole LeBouef is up on my blog. She's wonderful - do come meet her!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #48
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Great interview! Read and replied. I'm going to pick up that anthology on my next trip to B&N.

And now, I'll be checking your links round up to see if/what I missed, and update my own blog.

@DG: I have a blog post idea floating around concerning the Bechdel Test as it relates to horror, but I haven't quite organized my thoughts on it yet... If I can get something worked out, when would you need it by, assuming I can do a guest post on your blog?

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 AM   #49
Shara
Fix it in the Rewrite

Part 2 of my Women In Horror homage is up - forgot to post link yesterday. Here it is.

dgrintalis, I am being very disorganised. I shall try and get a post to you this weekend. Fortunately February has an extra day this year....

MY BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #50
dgrintalis

Rhoda and Shara, anytime is fine. And really, if my guest posts extend into March, I'm fine with it. For me, it's always women in horror month!

(I'll rep you both with my email addy.)

INK on Goodreads
INK on Amazon