Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #6926
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
Putting Bananarama, Vanilla Ice and New Kids On The Block posters everywhere would be the most terrifying thing we could do.
They will really "pop" against the white walls. Then we could gouge out their eyes and deface them most horribly.
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #6927
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

If you guys put that up in here I might never return

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #6928
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Return?

That's... strange.

How does anyone get OUT of the dungeon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #6929
SaraP
I love some people to death. <3
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There's that passageway hidden--

Wait. You really don't know?

Where this is desire, there is gonna be a flame.
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned.
But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die -
You gotta get up and try.

P!nk - Try

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #6930
AbielleRose
Slave to the Grounds

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*throws frogs into the dark, dank dungeon*

There's nothing creepier than something big and slimy bouncing into your leg when you can't see.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
AbielleRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #6931
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I thought that was Haggis.

Quote:
Quote:
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #6932
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

How does anyone get OUT of the dungeon?
I tried clicking my heels together three times.

Nothing.

Quote:
There's nothing creepier than something big and slimy bouncing into your leg when you can't see.
Wha--

Um...
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #6933
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I thought that was Haggis.
She said "big."

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:07 PM   #6934
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
I tried clicking my heels together three times.

Nothing.

:
Are you sure you're wearing the red shoes...

Goodreads

Old 05-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #6935
BigWords
Geekzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Are you sure you're wearing the red shoes...
The red ones don't work because of Disney lawyers. Try the silver ones.

Quote:
Quote:

Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 PM   #6936
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I won a flash fiction writing competition! I was all happy until I realized the win comes with an offer of publication. Now I'm ecstatic!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #6937
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
I won a flash fiction writing competition! I was all happy until I realized the win comes with an offer of publication. Now I'm ecstatic!
nice!

Congratz!!!

Goodreads

Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #6938
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Congrats!!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #6939
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
ohmygoshohmygosh!

Congrats! Details, woman!
soapdish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #6940
dolores haze
ageing savage

Details here. My story will be in a *gulp* literary journal. This one. So pretty!
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #6941
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Congrats Dolores

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #6942
AbielleRose
Slave to the Grounds

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's great, Dolores!!! Congratulations!

Old 05-16-2012, 10:58 PM   #6943
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Hi Abby

Goodreads

Old 05-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #6944
BriMaresh
New kid, be gentle!

BriMaresh has a double-platinum reputationBriMaresh has a double-platinum reputationBriMaresh has a double-platinum reputationBriMaresh has a double-platinum reputationBriMaresh has a double-platinum reputationBriMaresh has a double-platinum reputationBriMaresh has a double-platinum reputation
Congrats, Dolores! That's fantastic news.

DOPPELGANGERS AND DEATH OMENS(0/80k) (planning)

BriMaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:32 AM   #6945
CalebJMalcom
And behold... A seed!

CalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalebJMalcom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay Dolores!

I have a +2 resistance to death but a -5 resistance to injury.

Writerly Blog
Tumblr Blog
Facebook
CalebJMalcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #6946
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I cut the dickens out of me finger!

Yeah, that was me today. At the bakery. Fingers bleed way more than you think.

Knife safety, kids. It is not a joke. Nor is trying to type with only one hand.

How are the rest of the Hounds this fine Wednesday evening?

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:34 AM   #6947
AbielleRose
Slave to the Grounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Hi Abby
Hey Parumpy. Long time no see!

Sorry, but this has been making me giggle all day. I just love the look on the black kitty's face in the second photo.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:36 AM   #6948
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
^hee. Cheeky kitteh.

CONGRATS, DOLORES!!! That is awesome. You are awesome.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Rhoda Nightingale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 06:16 AM   #6949
dolores haze
ageing savage

Thanks for the congrats, everyone. I guess I should have posted it in the brags thread. I was a little excited *grin*
Old 05-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #6950
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
*throws frogs into the dark, dank dungeon*

*Pets frogs and names them George*

Quote:
How awesome is that?! A Big Congrats, Dolores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
I cut the dickens out of me finger!

Yeah, that was me today. At the bakery. Fingers bleed way more than you think.

Knife safety, kids. It is not a joke. Nor is trying to type with only one hand.

How are the rest of the Hounds this fine Wednesday evening?
Hope it wasn't too bad. EEK...yes, knife safety- we must remember this while dismembering our newbies, we wouldn't want anyone getting hurt.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote