Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 01:42 AM   #5351
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was never interested in Silent House to start with. It looked pretty dull. Daybreakers on the other hand--dude, it's Ethan Hawke as a vampire. The worldbuilding is terrific, and some of the effects, but I don't really like any of the characters. That's a problem.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Old 04-11-2012, 01:45 AM   #5352
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can see that being a big problem.

I thought the same thing with silent house, but my friends said it was awesome! So i wasted alot of money to be disappointed

Never saw daybreakers though.
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 04-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #5353
Archerbird
Nightowl

Archerbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieD View Post
But... But...

I reeeeaally need to find a home for these guys!
Tell you what...I will trade you 10 Gremlins for a soggy corpse and a bottle of Whiskey (or the other way around maybe....). A good deal that.

Oooooh! An then you can lure someone in here and offer them something to drink, and when they get hammered you can newbie-Q them and sneak the rest of the Gremlins in their pockets or something. Teehee!

Old 04-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #5354
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoda Nightingale View Post
Daybreakers on the other hand--dude, it's Ethan Hawke as a vampire. The worldbuilding is terrific, and some of the effects, but I don't really like any of the characters. That's a problem.
I thought Ethan was the non-vampire in that?

Regardless, it's in my "to be watched" queue.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-11-2012, 01:53 AM   #5355
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Fav horror movie I've seen lately was The Orphanage. Even with the movie having subtitles/being in Spanish, it was very good.

The list of ones I couldn't even get into is way longer.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:55 AM   #5356
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Boston: He starts out as one, then finds a "cure."

Laurie: I'll take 5 gremlins in exchange for a dogeared copy of Dracula and a six-pack of Jell-O pudding snacks, please.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #5357
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerbird View Post
Tell you what...I will trade you 10 Gremlins for a soggy corpse and a bottle of Whiskey (or the other way around maybe....). A good deal that.

Oooooh! An then you can lure someone in here and offer them something to drink, and when they get hammered you can newbie-Q them and sneak the rest of the Gremlins in their pockets or something. Teehee!
Done!

Now, do I need to give you the soggy corpse and whiskey or was that the other way round?
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #5358
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I did mention I hadn't seen it yet, right?

Sheesh, spoiler alert next time.

(I'll assume that was not terribly spoilery.)

FleasTwits
Old 04-11-2012, 01:59 AM   #5359
Archerbird
Nightowl

Archerbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsArcherbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Done!

Now, do I need to give you the soggy corpse and whiskey or was that the other way round?
Uhm...you can give me 10 Gremlins and the whiskey and I give you the soggy corpse.

Yes, that's what I meant.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #5360
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:

Laurie: I'll take 5 gremlins in exchange for a dogeared copy of Dracula and a six-pack of Jell-O pudding snacks, please.
Also done!

Any flavor pudding snacks in mind?

*enlists help of puppy for full authentic dogear treatment to Dracula*
Old 04-11-2012, 02:00 AM   #5361
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Boston: That's in the trailer, it's not really a spoiler. But I won't say anything else if you don't want me to.

Laurie: Chocolate, or one of those weird swirly ones.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:02 AM   #5362
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerbird View Post
Uhm...you can give me 10 Gremlins and the whiskey and I give you the soggy corpse.

Yes, that's what I meant.
Alrighty! Bring it on over and I'll have your whiskey and gremlins boxed and ready to go. The buzzards have been circling my neighbor's house, so we'll drop your corpse near the fence over there.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:06 AM   #5363
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
Boston: That's in the trailer, it's not really a spoiler. But I won't say anything else if you don't want me to.

Laurie: Chocolate, or one of those weird swirly ones.
*sends a package of each, plus gremlins*

A pleasure my dear, a pleasure.

*draws shades, locks doors*
Old 04-11-2012, 02:08 AM   #5364
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
The buzzards have been circling my neighbor's house, so we'll drop your corpse near the fence over there.
Buzzards here have just been circling the local hospital.

No, really, not making that up.

FleasTwits
Old 04-11-2012, 02:09 AM   #5365
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
Does one look like Gizmo? I'll take that one!
Um, sure!

*catches the last gremlin with a sheet, bundles him into a box*

On it's way!

*turns off all appliances, bribes smallish skwirrels to hush*
Old 04-11-2012, 02:11 AM   #5366
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

I'd consider seeing a vet then for any medical emergencies. Do you know a good one up your way? You know, to post the number by the phone.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:12 AM   #5367
Archerbird
Nightowl

I promise to take very good care of the Gremlins. *nods*

Old 04-11-2012, 02:13 AM   #5368
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Quote:
*turns off all appliances, bribes smallish skwirrels to hush*
*squints*

Excuse me, Laurie? I thought I asked for gremlins. Why do these have such long, fluffy tails? The pudding's excellent though. In that won't-expire-till-the-apocalypse, no-refridgeration-needed kind of way.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:14 AM   #5369
Archerbird
Nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Run.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:16 AM   #5370
amlptj

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
same!

what are the rules again. Feed after midnight, bathe it everyday ... and keep it out in the sun. Ok that easy enough

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Old 04-11-2012, 02:17 AM   #5371
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

Are you sure? They were scaly when I stuffed them in the box.

You didn't feed them pudding did you?

I, ah, gotta run.

Kids hafta eat...

Yeah...

Old 04-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #5372
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Oooh. Oops.

...and now I'm watching Event Horizon. Sam Neill double feature, FTW!

Old 04-11-2012, 02:24 AM   #5373
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
In that won't-expire-till-the-apocalypse, no-refridgeration-needed kind of way.
Those packages are somewhat frightening, aren't they?

Yet so, so good.

FleasTwits
Old 04-11-2012, 02:26 AM   #5374
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

^I know, right? That and Spaghetti-Os. There was a time between ages 11 and about 14 where I would eat nothing else. *shudder* I don't know how I survived.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:32 AM   #5375
amlptj

Quote:
^I know, right? That and Spaghetti-Os. There was a time between ages 11 and about 14 where I would eat nothing else. *shudder* I don't know how I survived.
Same here... i think after that i couldnt eat a speghett-o again.....

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Closed Thread