Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 AM   #5301
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by FOTSGreg View Post
I guess I have to make the best of the next 2-4 months. No more time for holding back or being patient and waiting to see what happens.
Greg, I say this as directly as I can here: stop waiting. I know you've been going about this carefully and all that, and I understand why, but stop waiting. Make the time count.

At the very least, you'll be able to know exactly where you stand with this woman, and if it's a good place, well, then Kansas City isn't all that far, Greg.

Not in the ways that count.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 03:54 AM   #5302
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
Is this an English band? If so, who's coming with them?
Welsh band, alot of people are coming with them. Go to Van's Warp Tour, it depends on the location and day but there are over 90 bands participating. On the day i want to go, two other of my fav bands are going which include Four Year Strong, and I Fight Dragons!
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 04-10-2012, 03:57 AM   #5303
night-flyer
flying about searching for cows

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Greg, I say this as directly as I can here: stop waiting. I know you've been going about this carefully and all that, and I understand why, but stop waiting. Make the time count.

At the very least, you'll be able to know exactly where you stand with this woman, and if it's a good place, well, then Kansas City isn't all that far, Greg.

^^^this.

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #5304
Shadowflame
Gametrovert

Shadowflame has a double-platinum reputationShadowflame has a double-platinum reputationShadowflame has a double-platinum reputationShadowflame has a double-platinum reputationShadowflame has a double-platinum reputationShadowflame has a double-platinum reputationShadowflame has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:

Yep, Greg this...

4 hours isn't far, and who knows, you two might just be able to work out a long distance thing. It happens.
and FB for Shadowflame Designs Beadowork
BLOG

Space Marine Gerbils

Rejection count 2014 - 30
Stories out 12
Acceptances: 1
Shortlisted: 1 (1R)
Old 04-10-2012, 05:46 AM   #5305
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlptj View Post
On the day i want to go, two other of my fav bands are going which include Four Year Strong, and I Fight Dragons!
Does Night know about this?

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 05:57 AM   #5306
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I told her tonight I was going to start asking her out at every opportunity, bar none - movies, dinner, walks, whatever, until she said "yes". I told her she was going to a concert and another weekend concert with a friend of hers. She protested slightly until I said "You're going" and that was it. No argument. No protest.

I am not going to let her go without her knowing how much I care or what I feel..

Fuck it. I'll only be here once. The worst that can happen is I get turned down multiple times - and she didn't seem like she was going to do that when I talked to her tonight and told her I was going to start doing this.

She smiled. She laughed. It was good (her smile could bring sunshine to a dungeon).
Old 04-10-2012, 06:25 AM   #5307
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Does Night know about this?

I'll be in the mosh pit looking for the knights...

I have a feeling that I have nothing to fear.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #5308
bluntforcetrauma
Esquire

bluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbluntforcetrauma is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'll be in the mosh pit looking for the knights...

(Ecclesiastes 9:16)
Old 04-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #5309
TumbleHome
Inconsequential. Also: short.

TumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewelTumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
She smiled. She laughed. It was good (her smile could bring sunshine to a dungeon).
Well this melted my heart- from a way outsiders view I'd say she was a goner (in a good way!)

Also, this thread is making me want to go to a concert BAD. I wonder if there are still Opeth/Mastodon tickets....
Old 04-10-2012, 08:33 AM   #5310
slcboston
word-slinger

*has never been to a rock concert*

well, other than that kids' band concert I took my daughter to last year...

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #5311
night-flyer

Wow, never bos?

Come down for a visit and we'll go to one.

Actually I haven't been to one in quite a while...hmm...

Quote:

Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM   #5312
TumbleHome
Inconsequential. Also: short.

TumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewelTumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewel
Heck yeah! I once threw my neck outta whack for three days at a Slayer concert- I say we all go and TAKE OVER THE MOSH PIT.

Wooo let's get the dragon and the virgin to crowd surf!!
Old 04-10-2012, 08:51 AM   #5313
night-flyer

bos is the virgin...

Okay, I'm ready!! Hope the people in the mosh pit are strong, cuz I'm like a dragon.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2012, 08:53 AM   #5314
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleHome View Post
Wooo let's get the dragon and the virgin to crowd surf!!
Quote:

bos is the virgin...

Been a long, long, LONG time since anyone's assumed I was one of those.

and now that my very very slow download is finished (something for the little one), I am off to bed.

Gnight Hounds

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 09:00 AM   #5315
night-flyer

I was wondering why you were still awake.

goodnight bos.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2012, 06:08 PM   #5316
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
I was wondering why you were still awake.

goodnight bos.
I am frequently still awake until 12:30 on evenings when I don't have an 8 AM class to work the next morning.

Which means in about a month, I'm not going to be here that late at all except for the weekends. I look forward to summer session because of the pay, not the hours.

Morning Hounds.

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #5317
andreea
Yeeeesss??

andreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsandreea is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've missed the newbique. Was the meat tender? The sauce extra spicy? *drools*

Nonsense can be found here.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #5318
slcboston
word-slinger

Not to disappoint you, Andreea, but I think you've missed a few.

The price you pay for having a life and job.

ETA: If it helps any, I missed the last one, too.

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 08:34 PM   #5319
night-flyer

huh, I must've missed it, too. What newbie q? I could use one, I'm all out of cow.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #5320
slcboston
word-slinger

The last newbieque was Meow... something. I think I was here long enough to light the grill for it, as that is my job, but then I missed the rest.

We've been short on new blood lately. We need to recruit. Or turn. Or infect.

Whatever it is we do.

FleasTwits
Old 04-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #5321
SaraP
Daydreaming of love...
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*iz hungry too*

Seems like that's all I've been saying when I post on here, these days.

It's so easy to laugh
It's so easy to hate

It takes strength to be gentle and kind

The Smiths

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:30 PM   #5322
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

It is I! The odd one of questionable entertainment value, running through to say hello!

So...

Hello!

Old 04-10-2012, 09:35 PM   #5323
amlptj
Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!

amlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamlptj is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Afternoon hounds! How is everyone today?
WiP Editing first book FREAKs

Unsung Zeros
Psychological Thriller
Rewrite -1/2 done On Hold

The Amnesia Journey
YA Fantasy

RBSL
Contemp/romantic comedy

Legend of a Freak (Blog!)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:38 PM   #5324
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm hiding from DL because I haven't met my word count goal this week.

I'm only about about 1k away from reaching it, but it's not going well.

Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #5325
LaurieD
aka Skwirrel

LaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLaurieD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For Sale/Free to Any Home:

Gremlins of questionable quantity. Seem to prefer dog brains, simple mechanical devices, and electrical systems.

While supplies last.