Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Horror
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 AM   #3001
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
It's a bleeding disorder. This is my 14th blood transfusion. Daughter wants phone back later hounds.
Get well, then.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #3002
TedTheewen
President of the Cray Fan Club

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd offer some of my blood but I know what's in it and let's just say you're better off with whatever they have down there.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #3003
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
hi Ted.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #3004
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Prayers sent out to you and yours, nighty. s
Old 03-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #3005
TumbleHome
Inconsequential. Also: short.

TumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewelTumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewel
Being kept up by a gnarly headache. I blame it on a pack of horror writing cannibals driving me into zombie-infested woods with their hunger for newbie meat. Juuuust sayin'...

That said, I'm sending my absolute best wishes to you and yours, night-flyer.

Last edited by TumbleHome; 03-04-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: me spell no gud
Old 03-04-2012, 03:15 PM   #3006
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
It's a bleeding disorder. This is my 14th blood transfusion. Daughter wants phone back later hounds.
I knew you were really a vampire!!! J/K

Seriously, *huggles* Hope you're out and feeling better soon, lovely.

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #3007
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Morning, Hounds. I went rollerskating yesterday for the first time in 17 years. Enjoyed myself so much, I'm going to try and go back this morning.

After coffee, of course.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #3008
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just the thought of roller-skates and I need aspirin. I don't move like I used to. :/

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #3009
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hope you're back to feeling good as new, NT. *hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumbleHome View Post
Being kept up by a gnarly headache. I blame it on a pack of horror writing cannibals driving me into zombie-infested woods with their hunger for newbie meat. Juuuust sayin'...
Sorry I missed your newbieque. Welcome to the hounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
I went rollerskating yesterday for the first time in 17 years. Enjoyed myself so much, I'm going to try and go back this morning.
I love taking my kids to the local roller rink, but I'm always too timid to skate. I'm too old for it now, I think. Falling over has more consequences than it used to.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:01 PM   #3010
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ted, did you know I'm an ordained minister in the Church of Universal Life with a Doctor of Divinity and a Doctor of Philosophy in Religion degree from them?

Maybe I should put that on my resume...

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 03-04-2012 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #3011
TedTheewen

Location: In the Land of Make Believe, where unicorns play and women are attracted to me.
TedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTedTheewen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greg, I had no idea. How in the world did that come about? I just want to get my license so I can perform my friend's wedding. He loves my ideas about doing it as a Branch Tedian affair but she isn't so keen on all my ideas. The blood fountain was one of them. Also, she's hesitant about the midgets. I have no idea why--women confuse me.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:26 PM   #3012
TumbleHome
Inconsequential. Also: short.

TumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewelTumbleHome is a shiny, shiny jewel
Ted- Maybe she wants something unique? Pretty sure Martha Stewart featured that wedding on her show last season. Instead of midgets, try blood-soaked giants!
Old 03-04-2012, 10:27 PM   #3013
FOTSGreg
Today is your last day.

Location: A land where FTL travel is possible and horrible things lurk just beneath the surface of reality
FOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFOTSGreg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I did it as a joke, mainly, to stick a thorn in the side of my ex-stepfather and his <ahem> partner because they claimed to be such completely devout Christians and prided themselves on their "spirituality" and "holiness". They lied, cheated, and stole from the company my ex-stepfather owned and I was trying to save from bankruptcy all the while.

Buffoons. They destroyed hundreds of dollars of my CDs because they were "evil" (AC/DC, etc), burned my collection of SPI and Avalon Hill wargames (which are valued in the hundreds if not thousands today), melted down almost a full division of 15mm hand-painted American Civil War miniatures and 1/285th scale modern armor (also hand-painted), and destroyed an Epic: 40K collection (also hand-painted and a couple of which were gifts to me from a fellow gamer who'd gone all out on those models) that would be worth over a thousand dollars today. They burned a copy of Fletcher Pratt's Naval Wargame for crying out loud in their zeal.

All while I was elsewhere involved at court or with the IRS or with the CPA or our lawyer trying to save their worthless asses by saving their company.

My ex-stepfather stiffed my mother when he sold their house (twice, once for one property, once for another).

My ex-stepfather and his partner ordained each other, cheated churches out of speaking fees, misrepresented themselves, and gathered donations from churches and churchgoers which were then channeled toward a failed scheme of trying to reopen a 6 thousand foot gold mine in the California hills that was filled with 4 thousand feet of cyanide-contaminated water.

Yeah, I got my ordainment and my degrees, back in 2000 or thereabouts, to basically rub their noses in the fact my ordainment and the Doctor of Divinity were legal in all 50 states and they didn't have a leg to stand on.

Just to be clear, I've never used my ordainment to perform weddings, baptisms, nor funerals, but I'm allowed to if I choose to, and I've never used my DD (legal, honorary) or PhD (non-accredited except by an unofficial, unrecognized IAA that's based in the same city the ULC is) to obtain employment of any kind.

It's fun to wave it around sometimes though.

Find my books on Smashwords at https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/fotsgreg
Find my books on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/G.W.-Ellis/e/B...805&sr=1-2-ent
WIPs: Dark Horizons, Hivers, The Bar, Gated

Last edited by FOTSGreg; 03-04-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:09 AM   #3014
TedTheewen

I'm always baffled at the sheer lunacy of some people. And Greg, if those idiots are still walking around, you are a far better man than I. I'd be in prison with a smile on my face, though.

Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #3015
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm wondering now what I could do with those two degrees, and how hard they were to obtain.

+ = evil plotting

FleasTwits
Old 03-05-2012, 01:15 AM   #3016
Rhoda Nightingale
Vampire Junkie

Rhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRhoda Nightingale is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Greg: Holy shit. I would have gone...I dunno. Realistically, I'd probably cry for a week and then destroy many valuable things of theirs. And then cry for another week.

And then write a story with characters based on them and have them attacked by werewolves or something.

Blog: http://glitter-n-gore.livejournal.com/
Old 03-05-2012, 04:46 AM   #3017
soapdish
writing

soapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssoapdish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTheewen View Post
The blood fountain was one of them.
WTH is her problem? That sounds awesome actually.

Would it be sparkling blood? (not to be confused with sparkly blood.)

Would there be a little bar with things you could add to your blood? Like...hot sauce, peppers, pickled asparagus and stuff?

I am really, really liking what I'm envisioning right now.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:15 AM   #3018
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Evening hounds
Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #3019
soapdish
writing

Dan!

Where's your avvie, btw?

Old 03-05-2012, 05:19 AM   #3020
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

GASP!

Dan's NAKED!!!

oh, wait. Just without an Av.

Sorry.

FleasTwits
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 AM   #3021
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

CDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCDaniel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by soapdish View Post
Dan!

Where's your avvie, btw?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
GASP!

Dan's NAKED!!!

oh, wait. Just without an Av.

Sorry.

I'm the invisible man
Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 AM   #3022
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
I'm the invisible man
I bet *that's* fun.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #3023
CDaniel
Writing for the brand

Its a kick in the pants. *If I were wearing any*
Old 03-05-2012, 05:28 AM   #3024
TedTheewen

If I ever became invisible, I'm not so sure it would work out. I would most likely get hit by a car or something.

Old 03-05-2012, 05:29 AM   #3025
soapdish
writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDaniel View Post
Its a kick in the pants. *If I were wearing any*

Closed Thread