Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-23-2012, 05:25 AM   #1051
rhymegirl
Falling into Fall

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Aw, that's so cuuuuuute.

It Bloggles the Mind
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:20 AM   #1052
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post

So cute!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #1053
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
maybe it was regular scum.
I swear I was nowhere near that turtle.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #1054
AbielleRose
Crazy Cat Lady

AbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAbielleRose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awww! Those mama and baby pics are so cute!!!

Stained Glass in the Night Blog / Twitter

Among the Stars in Sci Fi/Fantasy SYW
AbielleRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:15 AM   #1055
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post

So, nobody else thinks SK should have called Child Protective Services?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
swachski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:17 AM   #1056
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
It's not like they're in a laundromat or anything.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 05-23-2012, 07:27 AM   #1057
swachski
PumpkinToes

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
True. That would be agitating.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 05-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #1058
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I know, right?!

Poor baby!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #1059
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yous guys.

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:50 PM   #1060
swachski
PumpkinToes

Spoken like a true midwesterner!

*high fives Tep*
Old 05-24-2012, 04:25 AM   #1061
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Spoken like a true midwesterner!

*high fives Tep*
*high fives back*

Please Remember Me.

Old 05-24-2012, 07:28 AM   #1062
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This image reminds me of a good friend, who is strong and proud and beautiful:

Silver King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 05:46 AM   #1063
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

I have a green dragon in my yard, and here are the pictures to prove it!

Here it is, spreading its beautiful emerald wings

Here it is, in its entirety. Look at that long, wicked tongue, or horn, or whatever it is!

Close-up of its head.

The name of this North American native woodland plant is Arisaema dracontium, Green Dragon. It is somewhat related to the more well-known Jack-In-The-Pulpit.

Please Remember Me.

Old 05-25-2012, 06:17 AM   #1064
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tepelus View Post
...Look at that long, wicked tongue, or horn, or whatever it is!
Quote:
...It is somewhat related to the more well-known Jack-In-The-Pulpit.
Best lines ever to describe a plant! Made me think of fiery sermons and Sunday school and stuff.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #1065
night-flyer
flying around in the pumpkin patch

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay, dragons in the yard! I do approve.

great pics everyone! What kind of bird is that, SK?

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #1066
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Looks like a juvenile cormorant?
Old 05-25-2012, 03:13 PM   #1067
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Oo! SK! I saw a what I think was a swallow-tailed kite yesterday. Ever get a shot of one of those? ::hint, hint::
Old 05-26-2012, 04:46 AM   #1068
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by night-flyer View Post
...What kind of bird is that, SK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
Looks like a juvenile cormorant?
Our dear Jude is correct.

Quote:
Oo! SK! I saw what I think was a swallow-tailed kite yesterday. Ever get a shot of one of those? ::hint, hint::
No, but now that you've mentioned them, I expect they'll start swooping in when I'm out shooting. Sort of like what happened when we discussed storks and roseate spoonbills a while back and they began to appear in areas where I'd never seen them before...
Old 05-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #1069
rhymegirl
Falling into Fall

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw a fox on the bike path the other day.

No, I didn't take a pic, I turned around and walked the other way!

It Bloggles the Mind
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:59 AM   #1070
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

In my never-ending, frustrated-laden, curse-induced attempts to capture an osprey diving for its meal, then lifting off and flying away with its prize, once in a great, great while, I'll end up with at least part of the drama recorded.

Now if I can only shoot the entire scene in a single series of events, that would really be something.

I caught this one as it approached with its meal and flew by:

Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 AM   #1071
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Wow! Crazy amazing shots!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:05 AM   #1072
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Sweet. I would imagine that the fish was not particularly happy.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 05-26-2012, 06:10 AM   #1073
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymegirl View Post
I saw a fox on the bike path the other day.

No, I didn't take a pic, I turned around and walked the other way!
Chicken!

Next time think of this thread, Katho, and how it could use more images of dangerous encounters with wildlife.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #1074
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Kathy, that fox would not have gone near you. You were lucky to see it. They're very shy around people. Next time take your camera and get us some good shots. Chances are you'll not lose any fingers at all.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 05-26-2012, 06:24 AM   #1075
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Quote:
Wow! Crazy amazing shots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Sweet. I would imagine that the fish was not particularly happy.
You should see the shots I missed as the action unfolded. I try not to dwell on those too much, but man alive, they would've knocked your socks off, and shoes too if you were wearing any, if they'd turned out just halfway decent.