Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Politics & Current Events
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #26
GeorgeK
ever seeking

GeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGeorgeK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Another thing wrong with the story would involve the technical aspects of of doing a microscopic exam on the tissue. Cancers are not healthy tissue and start to rot quickly when devascularized so it's unlikely that they could have placed it into fixative early enough for the biopsy to yield information as specific as adenocarcinoma.

Also they said it was metastatic which means there are other sites. This sounds like a made up story by someone who tried tossing in some terminolgy in an attempt to lend credibility.

Peduculated tumors can sometimes avulse, so theoretically someone could cough one out, but I bet what she was coughing up was a chunk of yesterday's hot dog that she inhaled.
GeorgeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #27
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser-Kun View Post
Did she spit it into a pot in the corner and made a "ding!" sound?
Augh! *runs to rinse out mouth with Listerine*

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:38 PM   #28
Plot Device
A woman said to write like a man.

Plot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPlot Device is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am willing to believe this story.

I believe there are some people whose bodies are capable of rallying with an astonishing level of intense multi-systemic cooperation against a f-cking tumor. Not everyone (in my laymen's hypothesis) is so blessed to have that kind of defense sytem, and such people are probably rarer than rare. But I still believe such people exist.

Be prepared. (Sandy said so.)
Plot Device is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:01 PM   #29
Gale Haut
waxing digital artistic

Gale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
This is unbelievable enough that I want to believe it.
Gale Haut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:08 PM   #30
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plot Device View Post
I am willing to believe this story.

I believe there are some people whose bodies are capable of rallying with an astonishing level of intense multi-systemic cooperation against a f-cking tumor. Not everyone (in my laymen's hypothesis) is so blessed to have that kind of defense sytem, and such people are probably rarer than rare. But I still believe such people exist.
I don't think it's impossible, but the details in the story make it sound pretty unlikely. As GeorgeK pointed out, 'metastatic' means the cancer has infiltrated other sites, so she wouldn't be cancer-free just from hacking up a single tumour.

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Best British Horror 2014. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote