Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 12:57 AM   #1701
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
Anyone want an adorable miniature stallion? If my neighbor doesn't come get him soon, I'm going to give the little stinker away.
Anytime I see one of those miniature horses anymore, I always think of this commercial.

Does he... bite?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 12:59 AM   #1702
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
I take it the little guy is trying to get romantic with your mare?
Yes. It's particularly funny when he tries to get amorous with the quarter horse. He's the size of my German Shepherd, and she's 5' at the shoulder.
Little guy has big dreams.

The little mare is the one with her rump in the picture next to him. Her I may have to worry about. Through some impossible quirk of physics, he may find a way to reach.

Old 04-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #1703
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Through some impossible quirk of physics, he may find a way to reach.
Keep him away from the Red Bull.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 03:14 AM   #1704
SWest
My shoes are in no mood...

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
To be sure: Nature finds a way...

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler
Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 AM   #1705
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
'Tis true. Many years ago I had a dog that was part Chihuahua and Alaskan Malamute.

Old 04-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #1706
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

I'm barely awake, so I am heading for the coffee first. Breakfast can wait.

I have given in to the Blog Bug. Visit my Duchy here.

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

-- George Orwell's "1984"

Old 04-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #1707
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Breakfast:

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

Old 04-14-2012, 08:18 PM   #1708
slcboston
word-slinger

Oh, coffee wench?

There seems to be a fairy in my coffee.

FleasTwits
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #1709
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Wicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWicked is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Oh, coffee wench?

There seems to be a fairy in my coffee.

They're French Vanilla flavored. Just stir her in until she melts.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:33 PM   #1710
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Hey! Princess Bettielee will be VERY upset if you drink one of her subjects. Seriously.

Geez.

Just tell them to get out of the pool.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #1711
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
Hey! Princess Bettielee will be VERY upset if you drink one of her subjects. Seriously.
I expected her to come in and smack me with the sparkle hammer at any moment.

On a serious note, have you ever had that gut feeling when someone does something that just doesn't seem right?

Last night we were on our way to town, and a trio of F-15's came in overhead and landed at the guard base.
My husband points them out, and says, "Look, fighters. What the hell are they doing here?"

#1 Hubby doesn't get excited about much of anything.

#2 I'm the one with the jet fetish, and that would have been my line, not his, followed by me speculating on the various scenarios that would bring jets here. From the mundane to the ominous.

#3 That would be about the time he stopped me to give the "you're a dumbass" lecture.

His reaction had me sitting up and taking notice, and a minute later I ran through my usual ideas of why they were here.
He didn't say a word.
After a bit he finally suggested that they were just stopping for the night.
That, apparently, was exactly what they were doing, because when we passed the base they were out on the tarmac and everything was shut down.

I was still talking about them by then, and it was a half hour later. He didn't say yes, he didn't say no, he didn't even call me an idiot.

There was something so unsettling about his reaction to them, it made me wonder what's been on his mind lately.

Old 04-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #1712
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
There was something so unsettling about his reaction to them, it made me wonder what's been on his mind lately.
Flying lessons.

That's my best guess.

FleasTwits
Old 04-15-2012, 12:25 AM   #1713
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

I have no idea what's bugging him.

Booyah! I rock.
After browsing the headlines and the Drudge report, I think I know why the jets are here.
Cheney is in town.

Last edited by Wicked; 04-15-2012 at 01:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2012, 12:29 AM   #1714
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Cheney is in town.
Isn't he off robbing someone more deserving of their much-needed heart transplant??

*is VERY anti-politician right now*

FleasTwits
Old 04-15-2012, 12:38 AM   #1715
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Isn't he off robbing someone more deserving of their much-needed heart transplant??

Apparently he's all ready done that.

Eh, politicians are all the same, just getting their strings pulled by different puppeteers.

Ok, we better stop. Duchess Ambrosia doesn't allow politics in the castle.
Let's talk about sex instead.

Old 04-15-2012, 12:43 AM   #1716
slcboston
word-slinger

Quote:
Ok, we better stop. Duchess Ambrosia doesn't allow politics in the castle. Let's talk about sex instead.

I'm too for that still. I have calmed down considerably from where I was an hour ago, but even so.

It's all just

FleasTwits

Last edited by slcboston; 04-15-2012 at 12:43 AM. Reason: two a's
Old 04-15-2012, 12:52 AM   #1717
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

I wanted to go look for the pilots.

"Hey, flyboy, can I see your turbines?"

Hubby said they would throw me in corny joke jail for that one.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:04 AM   #1718
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Duchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDuchessmary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You should've asked if you could show him your spiders, Princess Wicked.

Old 04-15-2012, 01:08 AM   #1719
Wicked
Outcast Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
You should've asked if you could show him your spiders, Princess Wicked.
I think me hitting on them would probably be scary enough.

Old 04-15-2012, 05:45 AM   #1720
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Quote:
Apparently he's all ready done that.

Eh, politicians are all the same, just getting their strings pulled by different puppeteers.

Ok, we better stop. Duchess Ambrosia doesn't allow politics in the castle.
Let's talk about sex instead.
I don't? Huh. I didn't remember sending out that memorandum. Now the one about sex, that one I remember.

Good evening, my Queen and dear Royals.

I'm going to bed now. Goodnight.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 AM   #1721
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Sex?!?!? OMG

Old 04-15-2012, 06:19 AM   #1722
SWest

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*arrives unfashionably late and suitably under-clothed*

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler
Old 04-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #1723
Duchessmary
Where I want to be

Westie...is that a ...toga you're wearing?!?!? It's um, see-through.

Old 04-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #1724
SWest

Oh. Meant to leave that in my chambers. Sorry!

Wish Me Away

Old 04-15-2012, 07:18 AM   #1725
slcboston
word-slinger

FleasTwits
Closed Thread