Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #126
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
As I got older, I've made the rule that if I haven't fallen back to sleep in about an hour, I've got to get up. If I don't, I'm super cranky the rest of the day.

You wouldn't like me when I'm super cranky.

I don't even like me when I'm super cranky.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 PM   #127
parumpdragon
chicken, well its cousin that is

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've still got this bug-crap.

Iz super tired and super cranky a lot not.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 01-06-2012, 06:01 PM   #128
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, sick and cranky is an entirely different thing. When you're sick, some crankiness is allowed and expected.

I don't have the sick part of the allowance.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 PM   #129
parumpdragon

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

*Wants to go back to bed - knows I'll regret it.

Goodreads

Old 01-06-2012, 06:14 PM   #130
FabricatedParadise
Can be bribed with circus peanuts

FabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I sleep like I eat, anywhere anytime. If the opportunity presets itself, I take advantage. I love my sleep and I get far too little of it.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:18 PM   #131
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

You're the mother of a small person, FP. Back in the day, I was able to do that too. It's part of necessity.

As the small persons got bigger, I got out of that habit of necessity. There are times I'd like to have it back, though.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:26 PM   #132
parumpdragon

I don't think I could do that. I am way too sound of a sleeper. I can sleep through just about anything.

Goodreads

Old 01-06-2012, 06:30 PM   #133
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeleyanLee View Post
I don't have the sick part of the allowance.
I think you're allowance is just your natural temperment.

Morning reppers.

Things still acting funky around here?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 06:33 PM   #134
slcboston

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_G View Post
Morning reppers!

You'll be happy to know I've continued to rep every post so far.
Noted and appreciated.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 06:34 PM   #135
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

Were things acting funky? Everything's been normal every time I've been on.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:39 PM   #136
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

So this book I'm working on--can you believe that I don't have a digital copy of it anywhere? Well, I do--on a floppy disk, but nothing reads floppy disks anymore. *sigh* I thought I had one, but obviously lost it in the virus meltdown. *sigh*

I went through and edited the hard copy yesterday and now I'm typing it in and doing my edits as I go. And as I'm doing this, I realize that I screwed up in the very first scene. Later in the book, something is a given, yet it doesn't happen in this very first scene. Think could be a problem?

I need more coffee.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #137
slcboston

Quote:
Yeah, people were being taken to new pages when they tried to rep. Not everyone, mind you, but a number of people.

I didn't notice it myself.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 PM   #138
slcboston

Quote:
I went through and edited the hard copy yesterday and now I'm typing it in and doing my edits as I go. And as I'm doing this, I realize that I screwed up in the very first scene. Later in the book, something is a given, yet it doesn't happen in this very first scene. Think could be a problem?
Well, since you're having to type it in the hard way, I would suggest that rather than a problem it's an opportunity to fix it.

And I share your pain - I had to restart one of my books from scratch because all I had was the paper copy by that point. Tech moves too fast sometimes.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #139
parumpdragon

Quote:
things are still funky - the reppie windows have changed for some - but not for others.

Goodreads

Old 01-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #140
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I'm taken to a new page too. Weird.

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #141
slcboston

I think it just doesn't like you new folks, personally.

Nah, just kidding. I'm sure it's something else.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 06:59 PM   #142
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL Hegel View Post
Bos--I thought you didn't like Tigress all that much. Is there something you're not telling us about your New Year's Eve, buddy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Well, since you're having to type it in the hard way, I would suggest that rather than a problem it's an opportunity to fix it.
Yeah, that's what I'm going for. I just haven't had enough coffee to figure out what the opportunity here is yet.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #143
slcboston

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricatedParadise View Post
I sleep like I eat, anywhere anytime. If the opportunity presets itself, I take advantage. I love my sleep and I get far too little of it.
So... this would make breakfast in bed the perfect combination for you?

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #144
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

Quote:
So... this would make breakfast in bed the perfect combination for you?

Is this an offer?

Can I get on this list?

Old 01-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #145
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I think it just doesn't like you new folks, personally.

Nah, just kidding. I'm sure it's something else.
Riiiiiight. Sure, it's "something else."

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Old 01-06-2012, 07:06 PM   #146
slcboston

Quote:
Bos--I thought you didn't like Tigress all that much. Is there something you're not telling us about your New Year's Eve, buddy?
Never fall asleep without first making sure all the spray paint is hidden away?

Other than that I have no comment.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #147
slcboston

Quote:
Is this an offer?

Can I get on this list?
Considering how early I'd have to get up to drive down to where you are (let alone to where FP is), no, it was not an offer.

Just an observation.

Sorry.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #148
slcboston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehhillenberg View Post
Riiiiiight. Sure, it's "something else."
It probably is, seeing as at least one "older" AW member is also having issues, and I think Vince was not. My pet theory is it's tied to that option box that came up when you try and double-rep someone about keeping the page from generating further dialogs, because I remember clicking that at some point...

But that's just a theory.

Really, someone should post it over in the tech-help section of AW. I'm not going to, because it isn't affecting me so I'd just be describing it second-hand.

Also, because it's not affecting me, I'm only mildly curious about why it's happening.

It hasn't kept Brian or Del from repping me, so I won't complain.

FleasTwits
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #149
parumpdragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehhillenberg View Post
Yeah, I'm taken to a new page too. Weird.
Yeah it's Me, you, Vince, Wicked (I think), and someone else. So I don't know what is going on.

Goodreads

Old 01-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #150
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

Quote:
Considering how early I'd have to get up to drive down to where you are (let alone to where FP is), no, it was not an offer.

Just an observation.

Sorry.

Ah, but we have a pet-free guest room AND you can swing by and visit your #1 girl on the trip back. *tempt tempt*

And there always is marvelous sushi here too....

Closed Thread