Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
Freckles
Oooh, the Rainbow Connection

Freckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputationFreckles has a golden reputation
Obsessive Rep Point Checkers Club (Volume IV)

How often do you check your rep points? Do you wake up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat wondering what people have said about you? Do you give a big "WOO HOO" whenever you get more points?

If so, this is the club for you...sporting its own clubhouse and comfy chairs. Come on in!!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The latest version of this thread starts now.

Have fun.

(Volume III can be found here.)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:29 AM   #3
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ooh - Hi SK.

Thanks! It's a shiny new thread.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
Jehhillenberg
More like the queen of typos. Oops!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yaaaayyy!

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 AM   #5
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just had a close encounter of the Peccary Kind - a Javelina charged me. Think wild pig.

I have pictures too.

*Feels bad. I swore at the pig as I ran from it. I don't like to swear.

Goodreads

Last edited by parumpdragon; 01-06-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #6
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I got confused. I've been on threads that got locked, but couldn't understand why this one was. I had just typed a post too.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:42 AM   #7
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Vince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsVince524 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I got a card today. It's from my wife's Aunt in Virginia. She was told about my book from my MIL. She's told her whole family. There are many of them and they all have E-Readers. She's very excited for me!

It was really nice for her to send a card like that!

Old 01-06-2012, 04:50 AM   #8
Brian_G
Sir Brian the Fabulous!

Location: Illinois, where our governors make our license plates.
Brian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
NEW THREAD!!! Time to PARTY!!!
Old 01-06-2012, 04:58 AM   #9
Katze_E
The Imperial

Katze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKatze_E is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
New Year, new thread. That was timely!

P.S. Vince, once in a while they shut down the thread and start a new one. It prevents the thread of getting too big. I think. LOL
Old 01-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #10
Brian_G
Sir Brian the Fabulous!

Brian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBrian_G is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Vince must never have noticed the "Volume III" in the old thread.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:00 AM   #11
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 01-06-2012, 05:07 AM   #12
DL Hegel
Tigress Tyrant
Horror Hounds Dominatrix

Location: I'm not Kirk, Spock, Luke, Flash or Arthur frelling Dent. I'm Dorothy Gale from Kansas.
DL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDL Hegel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #13
Don Evan Scott
I have a pet snake named Sparky :)

Don Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
First page!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
I got a card today. It's from my wife's Aunt in Virginia. She was told about my book from my MIL. She's told her whole family. There are many of them and they all have E-Readers. She's very excited for me!

It was really nice for her to send a card like that!
Nice Vince.

Goodreads

Old 01-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #15
Silver King
Megalops Erectus
AW Moderator

Silver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilver King is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katze_E View Post
...P.S. Vince, once in a while they shut down the thread and start a new one. It prevents the thread of getting too big.
Yes, that's the reason. The most sizable threads tend to take up the greatest amount of bandwidth. So now and then they're restarted from the original post to help the site run more smoothly.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #16
Brian_G
Sir Brian the Fabulous!

I passed 14K reps today!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #17
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

I saw the fact that it was III, I just never really wondered why.

Now I know.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #18
Brian_G
Sir Brian the Fabulous!

And knowing is half the battle

G.I. Joe
Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #19
Don Evan Scott

Don Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDon Evan Scott is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Brian: the REAL American hero!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #20
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Congrats Brian!!

Old 01-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #21
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince524 View Post
I saw the fact that it was III, I just never really wondered why.

Now I know.
are you still getting a whole separate window when you try to reppie someone Vince - or is it just me now???

Goodreads

Old 01-06-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
Don Evan Scott

I'm getting that too. That is going to make reppie sprees a REAL pain
Old 01-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #23
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Maybe I can give PD a run for her money in this one!!!

Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #24
Vince524
Will write for bacon!

Check your reppies PD. You'll see my answer.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #25
Don Evan Scott

Oh boy....now you've done it!
Closed Thread