Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 09:21 PM   #1501
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
whoa.
what are you, nina, like a scientist or something?
Old 01-13-2012, 09:27 PM   #1502
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post
Why, I just said this to my son this morning!

What are the chances!?
You mean the odds you told your son that cray is a freakin' chav? I'd say they were pretty high.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Brand new blog post: I are smart
Old 01-13-2012, 09:30 PM   #1503
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

careful haggis, i'll blow....
you're secret will be all over the forums if you aren't nice to me.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #1504
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll deny it. People will believe me, not you.

Because you're a freakin' chav.

Miss Angel Chihuahua

Old 01-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #1505
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

Old 01-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #1506
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Jay, I'm just trying to work out whether this is treasonous. I'll get back to you.
I'll have you know that it is not only treasonous, but it is the spot on reason that Haggis, myself and others of our ilk were banished volunteered for the frontier assignment to run this joint. And we brought our yaks.

And then you put in the Union Pacific to London. (Well, maybe you didn't but someone with a vaguely similar double helix genetic remnant did. Close enough.)

So, sirrah, whom is the treasoner now!

I wrote the 'Saving Money' article, so now I get to be their editor. I love these unpaid gigs

Old 01-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #1507
Gilroy Cullen
But not Gilderoy Lockhart!

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
And then you put in the Union Pacific to London.
Wait. London? I thought it was headed to Tokyo...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #1508
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
I'll deny it. People will believe me, not you.

Because you're a freakin' chav.

*believes anything Haggis says

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 01-13-2012, 10:20 PM   #1509
Cella
Funny Little Loon

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
careful haggis, i'll blow your secret...
*gets in line*
Old 01-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #1510
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
*gets in line*

Goodreads

Old 01-14-2012, 12:41 AM   #1511
TrainofThought
Hündin von einem Schriftsteller

TrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #1512
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

And here I thought I'd killed the thread!

Hi ToT!!!

Goodreads

Old 01-14-2012, 12:42 AM   #1513
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

*checks reps*

*gives tot a swirlie*

happy friday.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:47 AM   #1514
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

check them again.

Goodreads

Old 01-14-2012, 12:48 AM   #1515
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Hey, Tater.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #1516
TrainofThought

TrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
And here I thought I'd killed the thread!

Hi ToT!!!
Parump. How's it goin'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
*checks reps*

*gives tot a swirlie*

happy friday.
I don't know what a swirlie is, but if it's like a slushie, I'm too cold to drink it right now.

Happy cold and snowy, Friday.

Hi Haggis.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #1517
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Hey Haggis -

Goodreads

Old 01-14-2012, 12:49 AM   #1518
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainofThought View Post
Parump. How's it goin'?
Fine. No rejection from the agent yet - so it's a good day.

Goodreads

Old 01-14-2012, 12:51 AM   #1519
TrainofThought

Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Fine. No rejection from the agent yet - so it's a good day.
That's good. But remember, a rejection is one step closer to an acceptance.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:02 AM   #1520
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Har har har... I have 170 rejection letters.

10 are to partials and fulls.

*figures I am screwed in a bad economy, since they are taking/printing fewer books

Goodreads

Old 01-14-2012, 01:23 AM   #1521
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What the hell are these two iron things going through the cabaret? They weren't here the last time is stopped in

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it Porter Starr Byrd

Yield to temptation, it may never come again
Unknown
Old 01-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #1522
Cella
Funny Little Loon

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainofThought View Post
That's good. But remember, a rejection is one step closer to an acceptance.
Score! I didn't know ToT did dating advice?!
Old 01-14-2012, 01:31 AM   #1523
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What are the odds of that?

Nina?
Old 01-14-2012, 01:32 AM   #1524
TrainofThought

Quote:
Score! I didn't know ToT did dating advice?!
Of course, my dear. Ask me anything, and I got the answer.
Old 01-14-2012, 01:33 AM   #1525
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Freakin' chav.
I've just been corrected. The proper term is "Bloody chav."

That is all.

eta: Hola, Porter.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Closed Thread