Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2012, 02:07 AM   #15101
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
We were going to go to Salem, but his work schedule has been ridiculous since we arrived. He works all night and sleeps all day. This makes Carole grumpy. Very, very grumpy. I'm sick of being hemmed inside a motel room with the curtains drawn all.day.long. But we're going to Connecticut tomorrow. Maybe I'll see daylight then.

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Come see some familiar faces at:

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #15102
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
For a really nice time catcha B&B in Great Barrington, on the western side of the state.

Norman Rockwell had one of his studios there. Plenty there to eat up a leisurely day.

Also Plymouth .. so you can see how dumb the Pilgrims were settling there. (also has a lot of cranberry stuff there. Don't forget to pick up a Plymouth rock while you are there (I pick up a small unusual stone on every vacation to remember the trip)

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 05-05-2012, 02:17 AM   #15103
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sadly, we don't have any leisurely days. *grumbles* Three weeks here already, and the only place I have seen well enough to remember is the inside of the closest liquor store. Tomorrow in Connecticut, we're visiting his brother. They haven't seen each other in about 20 years.

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 02:18 AM   #15104
GailD
Trick or edit?

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
And whatever you do, don't try to drive around the city yourself. You can't get there from here. Trust me on this. Plus the Bostononianers will sense an out-of-towner on their roads and they'll all move in for the kill.
It can't be as bad as driving in Ohio.

Geez. Cars flying off the road all over the place and people honking and shaking their fists at me.

And then all the traffic lights and stop signs facing the wrong way. I got a crick in my neck just checking if it was okay to go.

Very odd.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 AM   #15105
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Ha! When I learned to drive, my dad told me to always watch out for cars with Ohio tags.

I learned why pretty quick.

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 AM   #15106
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
... and the only place I have seen well enough to remember is the inside of the closest liquor store.
So you started with the best places. Everything else is going to be disappointing.

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 05-05-2012, 02:22 AM   #15107
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
So you started with the best places. Everything else is going to be disappointing.
Fair point!

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #15108
GailD
Trick or edit?

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Ha! When I learned to drive, my dad told me to always watch out for cars with Ohio tags.

I learned why pretty quick.

And if you see any with S. African plates - run for your life!

Of course, we drive on the left side of the road. (Former British colony and all that.)

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 05-05-2012, 02:39 AM   #15109
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
As if! I use malt vinegar or cocktail sauce.
Cocktail sauce?? On perfectly good fish? *weeps*
Old 05-05-2012, 02:40 AM   #15110
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Also: teehee...cocktail...
Old 05-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #15111
parumpdragon
Flappy bat

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
well, no shit.
that's why i wrote that filthy post to begin with.

I can't believe Cray said a bad word.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #15112
parumpdragon
Flappy bat

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh crap... I just realized that this is the new computer and I don't have any avvies on here... hmm...

not sure what to do...:/

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-05-2012, 04:03 AM   #15113
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

google images

Old 05-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #15114
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Also: teehee...cocktail...

*snerk*

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 AM   #15115
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
It can't be as bad as Ohio.
Editing services provided free of charge by your friendly Michigan-based mod.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM   #15116
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

Ah, yer all a buncha lightweights.

Come drive in L.A. Six hundred freeways, no waiting. Except when there's waiting. It can take me an hour to get home from Santa Monica, or it can take three-and-a-half hours. And that's in good weather.

I'm forty-seven miles from downtown L.A. No matter what my call time(unless it's after ten-thirty am), I leave home at five-thirty, or I'm screwed.

C'mon, I debble dur ya, come play on the freeways.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #15117
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
Ah, yer all a buncha lightweights.

Come drive in L.A. Six hundred freeways, no waiting. Except when there's waiting. It can take me an hour to get home from Santa Monica, or it can take three-and-a-half hours. And that's in good weather.

I'm forty-seven miles from downtown L.A. No matter what my call time(unless it's after ten-thirty am), I leave home at five-thirty, or I'm screwed.

C'mon, I debble dur ya, come play on the freeways.
Y'all drive with a .45 in one hand, right? I qualified Expert with a .45.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 05-05-2012, 08:13 AM   #15118
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

LOML drives with a .45, but my defense is driving like a little old lady.

btw, Haggis, the cost of all the ammunition you'd need would be prohibitive.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords

Last edited by kenthepen; 05-05-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 PM   #15119
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

YESSSS .. but California drivers generally don't like dents in their nice cars, while in Mass they don't mind trading paint with you if you don't back down and Cali's don't get to play chicken on ice.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #15120
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

BON MATINNN !!!

Je suis ... Tres Bon

Old 05-05-2012, 03:42 PM   #15121
regdog
Blessed Samhain
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
SRSLY. Do this. I've been had scrod in Boston. It's a must do.

But not deep fried. And no cocktail sauce. And no tartar sauce.

You want deep fried, getcha some clams. Unless you have them on the half shell, which is even better bettah.

And maybe lobstah. Probably lobstah. Lobstah for sure shuah.
If you're getting fried clams, you're getting them at Kelly's

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 05-05-2012, 03:53 PM   #15122
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

... and there has to be traffic snarling road construction somewhere in the city you can watch from gridlock .... there ALWAYS is. It's really neat when Mass drivers start to get a little perturbed and stop being nice.

Every area of the country seems to have it's own little art in driving. In Boston, it's impressionism.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:55 PM   #15123
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
YESSSS .. but California drivers generally don't like dents in their nice cars, while in Mass they don't mind trading paint with you if you don't back down and Cali's don't get to play chicken on ice.
Trading paint with us would be interesting. Mr. V.'s truck is an F250 with a lift kit. Oddly, a lot of people up here don't seem to care, while cutting us off, that they're driving a vehicle half the size of this truck.

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #15124
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

You still have out of sate plates ... they know they have the advantage

Old 05-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #15125
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Of course it is ...

Closed Thread