Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #15076
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
Slap some beer batter on that filet and throw it into a deep fryer, then we can talk.
Gah! Fish ruiner!! I suppose you eat it with...*deep breath*...tartar sauce, too. *shudder*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
there. i didn't want the noooob to bear the burden of killing the thread dead. see how nice i am?

i'm all about peace and love, me-a-monster. you will know that some day. today, maybe.
Doubtful.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #15077
regdog
Optimus Prime
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Not all of us have your weird tastes, scrodknocker.

ETA: Although, now that you mention it, fish does sound tasty right now.

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 05-04-2012, 11:06 PM   #15078
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
With all this food talk my stomach is growling...

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #15079
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
bowling pins don't have stomachs.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #15080
Cella
Self-Banned

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
bowling pins don't have stomachs.

(Also, a special first hello to Monster and Carole from me)

and good afternoon to everyone else on the bored!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #15081
Cella
Self-Banned

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I actually think PD is more of a drumstick and less of a bowling pin.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:48 PM   #15082
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post
I actually think PD is more of a drumstick and less of a bowling pin.

*rimshot*

*retires*
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #15083
Cella
Self-Banned

how was my math? a little fuzzy?
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 PM   #15084
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

*giggle*
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 PM   #15085
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Gah! Fish ruiner!! I suppose you eat it with...*deep breath*...tartar sauce, too. *shudder*
As if! I use malt vinegar or cocktail sauce.

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Come see some familiar faces at:

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #15086
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
eat scrod.
SRSLY. Do this. I've been had scrod in Boston. It's a must do.

But not deep fried. And no cocktail sauce. And no tartar sauce.

You want deep fried, getcha some clams. Unless you have them on the half shell, which is even better bettah.

And maybe lobstah. Probably lobstah. Lobstah for sure shuah.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 05-05-2012, 12:13 AM   #15087
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I thought Cray retired...

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #15088
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

i think that may is actually the beginning of the best lobstah eatin'.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #15089
Cella
Self-Banned

that's not how I read that.

at all.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:18 AM   #15090
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

that's because you are unpure.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:20 AM   #15091
Cella
Self-Banned

No, you are!
Old 05-05-2012, 12:22 AM   #15092
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

well, no shit.
that's why i wrote that filthy post to begin with.
Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 AM   #15093
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And cheers ...have some beer and lunch and beer at cheers

Then go see the prehistorical revelutionary history trails that all seem to start in the common

And the go to cheers for some beer and scrod and beer

And don't get the same taxi driver I had who couldn't find Paul Revere's house

And then have some beer and a snack and beer at cheers

And if you like thrill rides drive around Boston a little in your car (current title holder city for the nation's most discourteous drivers)

And then go have beer ANYWHERE

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 05-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #15094
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And whatever you do, don't try to drive around the city yourself. You can't get there from here. Trust me on this. Plus the Bostononianers will sense an out-of-towner on their roads and they'll all move in for the kill.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 05-05-2012, 01:03 AM   #15095
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The conversation went like this ...

Can you take us to Paul Revere's House?

Sure.

** family get in cab**

**driver cuts off another car as he takes off, using one of my nine lives**

Ok .. what the address?

What do you mean?

This guy's house I'm taking you to ..

I don't know .. It's Paul Revere's house .. it's a famous tourist site.

What's his address?

How long have you been driving a cab in Boston?

Don't ask questions. I have license.

But you can't find Paul Revere's house?

I take you to my cousin's house.

I don't want to go to your cousin's house.

His address I know. I don't know the house you want to go.

err... Can you find the Boston Common.

Yes.

Take us there

** knows it walking distance on the freedom trail from there**

**cab arrives at common by circuitous route ... I know"

How much?

OK

Why you counting out pennies?

I've got to pay you.

OK

** family gets out to begin walking to Paul Reveres house, following signs**

Where ees my tip?

**door closes**

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 05-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #15096
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

I drove in Boston ... It's not that bad

My younger daughter passed a note to her older sister

"Why is Daddy swearing so much?"

Old 05-05-2012, 01:07 AM   #15097
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Exactly.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 05-05-2012, 01:54 AM   #15098
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, Himself slept much later than he intended. Do we go to Boston just in time for it to be dark outside, or do we just go catch a movie here? He had to go to the shop for about an hour before we can do anything at all. We won't be driving. We'll take the train. It's about 30-ish miles from here.

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Old 05-05-2012, 01:59 AM   #15099
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You should go to Salem. It's all witchy and shit.

And it has a Wendy's.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:05 AM   #15100
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

LOL! Wendy's. There one o' those right up the street.

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Closed Thread