Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #14251
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
well, silent rob?

make it a good one.

*checks watch*

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #14252
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Muppeh is such a tease.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:45 PM   #14253
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
He's trying to prove that he has stamina. It's normal behavior for a muppet. That and finding high ground, bearing their asses and farting. It a show of strength. I learned that while studying them in the Congo.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 04-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #14254
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
He's trying to prove that he has stamina. It's normal behavior for a muppet. That and finding high ground, bearing their asses and farting. It a show of strength. I learned that while studying them in the Congo.

*takes notes*

*raises hand*

Professor Kayleamay, what's up with that jazz hands thing he keeps doing in Susie's HOF? Is that a show of strength, too? I was thinking maybe it was a mating ritual.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:04 PM   #14255
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't feel bad for him.

We all have our own ass to bear. . . .

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #14256
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
I don't feel bad for him.

We all have our own ass to bear. . . .
Mine is cray.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-27-2012, 10:22 PM   #14257
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
*takes notes*

*raises hand*

Professor Kayleamay, what's up with that jazz hands thing he keeps doing in Susie's HOF? Is that a show of strength, too? I was thinking maybe it was a mating ritual.
Excellent question, Cass. The muppet behavior known as "jazz handing" is actually their way of showing self-sufficience, a trait that female muppets find endearing in the male of the species. When in the presence of a female, the male will hold his hands high in the air and shake them, exposing the fur on the palms. The furrier the palms, the more likely the female is to let the male live.

ETA: and you know what I meant, Ken. He beared a bare ass. Don't harass before my first cuppa.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #14258
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
Excellent question, Cass. The muppet behavior known as "jazz handing" is actually their way of showing self-sufficience, a trait that female muppets find endearing in the male of the species. When in the presence of a female, the male will hold his hands high in the air and shake them, exposing the fur on the palms. The furrier the palms, the more likely the female is to let the male live.

ETA: and you know what I meant, Ken. He beared a bare ass. Don't harass before my first cuppa.
*scribbles furiously*

*raises hand*

What about the capering?
Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #14259
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Does that hold true for American Muppets too or is it only for the furrin ones?

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #14260
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

Haggis, there are no such things as American muppets.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:52 PM   #14261
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, um, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, ...

such as.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 PM   #14262
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

Cray, it's not nice to make fun of Haggis like that. He can't help it if he's pretty.

Old 04-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #14263
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
he called me an ass.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:57 PM   #14264
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
he called me an ass.
And...?

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-27-2012, 11:02 PM   #14265
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
he called me an ass.
Well, to be fair, you're always waving it around.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM   #14266
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
*scribbles furiously*

*raises hand*

What about the capering?
The capering is merely a side-effect of one of the rituals of youth. All young muppets are given a pair of 4' stilettos which they wear until maturity. Over time, the tendons in their ankles shorten forcing them to "caper". A fully matured muppet who does not caper is considered to be of low breeding and usually assigned manual labor for life.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #14267
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
The capering is merely a side-effect of one of the rituals of youth. All young muppets are given a pair of 4' stilettos which they wear until maturity. Over time, the tendons in their ankles shorten forcing them to "caper". A fully matured muppet who does not caper is considered to be of low breeding and usually assigned manual labor for life.
*switches to stenograph machine*

*types frantically*

*raises hand*

Oh! Oh! I have another question. What about the ROAR he emits with every post? It doesn't seem threatening enough to be a defense mechanism.

*feels something hitting the back of her neck*

Professor Kaylemay! Haggis is shooting spitballs at me!
Old 04-27-2012, 11:21 PM   #14268
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

This doesn't sound like my medical class at all!!

*puts head on desk*

I've already taken my notes!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #14269
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

Cass, we'll be studying the habits of feral chihuahuas next week. Please try to stay on task.

You are correct in that the muppet ROAR is not threatening. It is, however, a defense mechansim. Muppets have a very limited vocabulary and are easily overwhelmed. ROAR is simply their way of saying, "I don't understand," or, "Huh?" or, "Please, get off of my toes." It's the equivalent of the use of "WTF?" among homosapien teens.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:35 PM   #14270
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
And...?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:38 PM   #14271
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:

Notice how the arm is juuuuusssst long enough to reach his pip.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:54 PM   #14272
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

that's the way nina built me.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #14273
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A likely story.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #14274
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

Quote:
that's the way nina built me.
She's thoughtful like that.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #14275
NinaK
On the Beach

NinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNinaK is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks KLM,

no worries though,

the arm behind his back is longer.
Quote:
don't make me mod you, nina.
Closed Thread