Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Hanukkah!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #14126
TrainofThought
Hündin von einem Schriftsteller

TrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
But I thought Porter was a gurl?
You gotta wonder about many in this cabbie room...except me. I'm normal...and sweet.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:51 PM   #14127
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
me too

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 04-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #14128
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post

OK OK

Oh good lord Porter!! I had that problem all figured out when you just had to go and give it away by drawing an arrow on your pants pocket pointing to the answer!!

ETA---I'd be happy to start posting the eye candy again!! Just say the word!!

Of course, no one knows what the sekrit word of the day is so take caution!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:18 PM   #14129
swachski
spirit hands season

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
the word

Into every life crap will fall. — Anne Lamott

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. — Mark Twain
Old 04-26-2012, 07:28 PM   #14130
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
swachski!!! How ever did you figure that out so quickly??

A Three-fer!!

Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #14131
William Haskins
corrupt to the bones
Absolute Sage

William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
How was that? Better? I tried to keep it shorter that time, but I worked in William Haskins and the lurkers and the high school stuff.
you don't just "work in haskins."

either i've traumatized you or i haven't.

don't be a fucking poseur.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #14132
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Pfft. It's duck and cover, Kelly.

*lifts up school desk*
Old 04-26-2012, 08:11 PM   #14133
parumpdragon
May God bless you and keep you

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 04-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #14134
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Haskins View Post

don't deter her from flouncing, william.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #14135
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
How did Porter get hold of a pic of Cray's mom?

*ducks... and runs for my life*

Old 04-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #14136
Honeybug
Working my way up!

It is PD!!

You may want to hide though---Kelly has totally offended cray and me thinks there are heat seeking missles out for revenge!

Old 04-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #14137
Cella
Friendly Flower

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybug View Post
It is PD!!
Real nice, HB.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #14138
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

*strolls in*

*looks at cella*

gah! i'm sorry, cella. i'm making your shirt fall off, aren't i!?
this power i have! gah! sometimes i think it's a curse!!
not today though.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #14139
Honeybug
Working my way up!

*points at Kelly*

Old 04-26-2012, 08:54 PM   #14140
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*points at points*
Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #14141
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Damn, thought I covered those up!!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #14142
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

See?

See, now this is exactly the kind of attitude I was talking about in my founce.

Soooooo didactic about the "proper" way to invoke his special, superior name. Sooooo smug and cock-sure about the level of trauma his rudeness might have inflicted on a wide-eyed newbie like myself. Soooo overbearing in his command that I refrain from being a fucking poseur, when this is the U.S. of A. and I have a perfect right to be a fucking poseur if that's what I choose to be.

Well, Mr. Haskins -- IF that's your real name -- you may think you're some kind of god here at AW just because you have 21 kajillion posts and are specifically referenced in the flouncing thread. But I'll tell you who doesn't think so.

The lurkers, that's who.

Yes. They've been emailing me in droves since your rude message this morning. PMing me. Repping me. I had to wade through a hip-deep pile of candygrams just to get the newspaper this morning. And let's not even talk about the voicemails. And they're all saying the same thing.

Who. THE FUCK. Does. This. Haskins. Guy. Think. He. Is.

No, seriously. Until now, I pretty much figured you were a myth. I mean, Rolling Thunder's mentioned you once or twice, and of course I read the flouncing thread. But, ya know, I figured you were just some kind of bogey man they used to scare newbies. Like that Bloody Mary chick who's supposed to appear in your mirror when you say her name three times, but actually she never really does because I tried it at a sleepover when I was like ten years old and nothing happened except that my best friend wet herself thinking it might and then she was totally embarrassed and everyone called her Betsy Wetsy until she was like fourteen and they only stopped then because she moved and wasn't there anymore.

Anyway.

It's nice to meet you.

Last edited by CassandraW; 04-26-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #14143
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Holds breath

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 04-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #14144
William Haskins
corrupt to the bones
Absolute Sage

William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
See?

See, now this is exactly the kind of attitude I was talking about in my founce.

Soooooo didactic about the "proper" way to invoke his special, superior name. Sooooo smug and cock-sure about the level of trauma his rudeness might have inflicted on a wide-eyed newbie like myself. Soooo overbearing in his command that I refrain from being a fucking poseur, when this is the U.S. of A. and I have a perfect right to be a fucking poseur if that's what I choose to be.

Well, Mr. Haskins -- IF that's your real name -- you may think you're some kind of god here at AW just because you have 21 kajillion posts and are specifically referenced in the flouncing thread. But I'll tell you who doesn't think so.

The lurkers, that's who.

Yes. They've been emailing me in droves since your rude message this morning. PMing me. Repping me. I had to wade through a hip-deep pile of candygrams just to get the newspaper this morning. And let's not even talk about the voicemails. And they're all saying the same thing.

Who. THE FUCK. Does. This. Haskins. Guy. Think. He. Is.

No, seriously. Until now, I pretty figured you were a myth. I mean, Rolling Thunder's mentioned you once or twice, and of course I read the flouncing thread. But, ya know, I figured you were just some kind of bogey man they used to scare newbies. Like that Bloody Mary chick who's supposed to appear in your mirror when you say her name three times, but actually she never really does because I tried it at a sleepover when I was like ten years old and nothing happened except that my best friend wet herself thinking it might and then she was totally embarrassed and everyone called her Betsy Wetsy until she was like fourteen and they only stopped then because she moved and wasn't there anymore.

Anyway.

It's nice to meet you.
i thought this was a humor forum.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #14145
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
It's whatever we want it to be, muffin.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #14146
William Haskins
corrupt to the bones
Absolute Sage

oh. my.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:17 PM   #14147
TrainofThought
Hündin von einem Schriftsteller

TrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybug View Post
It is PD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post
Real nice, HB.
Yeah, real nice.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #14148
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Yeah. You can see why Cray wants to get rid of me.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:30 PM   #14149
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Quote:
It got changed into a humour forum.

Membership's five euros.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #14150
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

I finally figured out how to use the new improvements to my blogspot blogs and post the down right final nitty gritty about grits there

Ya'll know how I love those

link is in sig

Closed Thread