Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #13751
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Porter, half the reason Haggis and I were yelling was to block out your damn moaning.

Isn't that right, my sweet chihuey-bear?

AND DON'T THINK I'LL SHUT UP JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PRETENDING TO IGNORE ME.
And it's not like we were really yelling either. We were discussing. Isn't that right, Love of my Life?

YOU? SHUT UP? LIKE THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE. WHAT ARE YOU, A FANTASY WRITER?

THEY COULD BURY YOU SIXTEEN FEET DEEP INSTEAD OF EIGHT AND EVERYONE WOULD STILL HEAR THE BITCHING. THAT'S WHY I PLAN ON GOING FIRST.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 04-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #13752
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"It's the monkey toes that only knows what the aardvark brings"

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-22-2012, 07:56 AM   #13753
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Right as always, my sunshine. It's so important to keep the lines of communication open in our relationship.

IT FREAKING FIGURES THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT GENRE I'M WRITING. I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU GO FIRST. THAT'S THE WAY I'VE GOT IT PLANNED, TOO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
And it's not like we were really yelling either. We were discussing. Isn't that right, Love of my Life?

YOU? SHUT UP? LIKE THAT'S EVEN POSSIBLE. WHAT ARE YOU, A FANTASY WRITER?

THEY COULD BURY YOU SIXTEEN FEET DEEP INSTEAD OF EIGHT AND EVERYONE WOULD STILL HEAR THE BITCHING. THAT'S WHY I PLAN ON GOING FIRST.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:58 AM   #13754
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I didn't know there was a genre called "Harpy."

Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 AM   #13755
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
SAUL

SAUL

SAUL

No answer Cella! Prolly can't hear over all that noise those two are makin!

http://honeyboudreaux.weebly.com/

There are people who live in a dream world,
There are people who live in reality,
Then, there are those who turn one into the other.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #13756
Cella
I love that you know how to do that

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The good news is that the mod is so preoccupied with trying to divorce a lawyer, that we're free to do whatever we want!!!!

I'm gonna do brush up on my scrap booking! Who's with me!!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #13757
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Honeybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHoneybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Don'tcha need the dance pole for that?

*flips on disco light for Cella*

*sits at bar with scissors & glue*

Old 04-22-2012, 08:22 AM   #13758
Cella

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't know if it's the alcohol, the meds or the lighting, but Haggis is looking quite handsome tonight!

Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #13759
Cella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybug View Post
Don'tcha need the dance pole for that?

*flips on disco light for Cella*

*sits at bar with scissors & glue*
Old 04-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #13760
Honeybug
Working my way up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post
I don't know if it's the alcohol, the meds or the lighting, but Haggis is looking quite handsome tonight!

Don'tcha need the dance pole for that!??

*dodges evil eye from Cass*

Old 04-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #13761
CassandraW
Baby and me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post

DAMMIT! KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY MAN, YOU HUSSY!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #13762
Cella

Too late.

He's in my scrapbook.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:35 AM   #13763
Honeybug
Working my way up!

*flicks on disco light*

*flicks off disco light*

*flicks on disco light*

*flicks off disco light*

*flicks on disco light*

CAT FIGHT!!

*flicks off disco light*

*flicks on disco light*

*flicks off disco light*

Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 AM   #13764
CassandraW
Baby and me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeybug View Post
*flicks on disco light*

*flicks off disco light*

*flicks on disco light*

*flicks off disco light*

*flicks on disco light*

CAT FIGHT!!

*flicks off disco light*

*flicks on disco light*

*flicks off disco light*
HOW CAN IT POSSIBLY BE A CAT FIGHT? I'M A DOG (AT THE MOMENT, ANYWAY) AND CELLA'S A....a....a little green light?

Hey, Cella, what are you these days, anyway?
Old 04-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #13765
Cella

Gassy.

Thanks for asking!
Old 04-22-2012, 08:49 AM   #13766
Honeybug
Working my way up!

because this is the most fun this place has seen in a long time late on a Saturday night

Old 04-22-2012, 09:21 AM   #13767
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi guys - I got a contract in my inbox about half an hour ago, from the e-publisher I subbed to.

I am so shocked, and so giddy *grins*

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #13768
kenthepen

Congrats, PD! Read carefully.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #13769
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*laughs*

yes, I will read carefully tomorrow when the happy haze wears off.

Goodreads

Old 04-22-2012, 10:02 AM   #13770
kenthepen

Cella is a pretzel, wrapped in a tortilla, covered with kidney beans.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:31 AM   #13771
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

I am going to bed. Night

Goodreads

Old 04-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #13772
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Right as always, my sunshine. It's so important to keep the lines of communication open in our relationship.

IT FREAKING FIGURES THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT GENRE I'M WRITING. I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO HELP YOU GO FIRST. THAT'S THE WAY I'VE GOT IT PLANNED, TOO.
Hmm. I'm sensing a little repressed hostility here.

*shifts chair closer to couch*

*opens notebook*

Tell me about your puppyhood. How were you house-trained? Were there a lot of rolled-up newspapers involved?

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Last edited by GailD; 04-22-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: because
Old 04-22-2012, 03:58 PM   #13773
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um...guys?

cray, Porter, cella, ken...I'm talking to you.

The bro squad.

The suburban homeboy posse.

I think it's time we staged an intervention, mano y mano.

We need to get haggis to Vegas, stat.

Never leave a bro behind.

Things are getting nasty. I got douche chills and they're multiplying.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:47 PM   #13774
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
We need to get haggis to Vegas, stat.

Things are getting nasty. I got douche chills and they're multiplying.

Vegas still has a lot of stuff Haggis left there and is not quite ready for him to visit again ...

douche chills ..? Has that got something to do with European
toilets?

BTW, not that it especially fits in here ..

Congrats PD, Hope it is what you want it to be.

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 04-22-2012, 04:48 PM   #13775
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

GOOOD MORNIN !!!

I feel ... taken

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Closed Thread