Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #13201
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Blinks*

Angie? I feel like I summoned you or something. Did you see that I just sent you a teary-eyed visitor message? Then I turned to the Cabbie, and it was all stripey.

NOW WHERE IN THE SAM HILL HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU ARE GROUNDED, YOUNG LADY.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #13202
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I thought you sent me that visitor message BECAUSE of what I said here. Damn.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Old 04-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #13203
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You're coming across a little shrill, Cass. No wire coat hangers, eh?

Angie, you sure it's the thread giving you the migraine?

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #13204
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No. Oddly enough, I'd just been thinking "wonder where Angie's been the last few days." I left the message, checked the Cabbie, and there you were.

It's just like when I mentioned "Address to a Haggis" and got...Haggis.

This places is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #13205
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've devoted the entire last two minutes, but can't imagine what that's an acronym for. Enlighten me?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #13206
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
No. Oddly enough, I'd just been thinking "wonder where Angie's been the last few days." I left the message, checked the Cabbie, and there you were.

It's just like when I mentioned "Address to a Haggis" and got...Haggis.

This places is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.
Yes, well, those of us who are not New Girls have become so attuned to this place, it's like we know when we're needed.

Oh, how terribly sad...

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Old 04-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #13207
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Yes, well, those of us who are not New Girls have become so attuned to this place, it's like we know when we're needed.

Oh, how terribly sad...
I SAID.

TO STOP.

CALLING.

ME.

THAT.

Edited to add:

OR ELSE.

Edited again to add:

I REALLY MEAN IT THIS TIME.

Edited a third time to add:

YOU'LL BE IN SO MUCH FREAKING TROUBLE.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:35 AM   #13208
kenthepen

Talking

Careful, Angie, she might dangle her toes in your face. Could make you sneeze.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #13209
CassandraW
on leave

THE OTHER DAY, I SET OFF WITH A SHOTGUN, VOWING TO KILL CRAY AND RT.

ANYONE NOTICE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND?

HMMMMMMMM?
Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #13210
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Pff. I've seen far worse than her toes. You forget we used to let QuickWit in here.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:40 AM   #13211
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Quote:
THE OTHER DAY, I SET OFF WITH A SHOTGUN, VOWING TO KILL CRAY AND RT.

ANYONE NOTICE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN AROUND?

HMMMMMMMM?
They are very rarely around on the weekends, New Girl. Don't worry, you'll get the schedules down eventually.

New Girl.

*wanders away giggling*

Old 04-16-2012, 05:44 AM   #13212
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
They are very rarely around on the weekends, New Girl. Don't worry, you'll get the schedules down eventually.

New Girl.

*wanders away giggling*
I WILL FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE.

AND I WILL HURT YOU.

LOOSER.

UP YOU'R'ES.

P.S. -- PFFFFFFFFFFT.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #13213
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I WILL FIND OUT WHERE YOU LIVE.

AND I WILL HURT YOU.

LOOSER.

UP YOU'R'ES.

P.S. -- PFFFFFFFFFFT.

i actually do make it a point to pop in when people are farking my trademarks.

it's up you're's

for a large donation to aw i could probably get june to make a hat for you as a reminder.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=108573

Old 04-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #13214
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
i actually do make it a point to pop in when people are farking my trademarks.

it's up you're's

for a large donation to aw i could probably get june to make a hat for you as a reminder.

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=108573

Ooh, I want the hat! The t-shirt, too, actually.

I just donated $10 to AW last night (seriously -- I really did). Will that get me anything?

Edited to add:

Cray, er...thank heavens you're all right! After the kids tied you up, and I shot you and used the cattle prod and pliers on you....well, I was worried.
Old 04-16-2012, 06:59 AM   #13215
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Ooh, I want the hat! The t-shirt, too, actually.

I just donated $10 to AW last night (seriously -- I really did). Will that get me anything?

Edited to add:

Cray, er...thank heavens you're all right! After the kids tied you up, and I shot you and used the cattle prod and pliers on you....well, I was worried.
You really would like June's stuff. I have two--a Haggis T-shirt, courtesy of Tot, and a Haggis hat I think we stole from Bug.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Old 04-16-2012, 07:00 AM   #13216
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
i'm not dead.

but almost. i must sleep!
24 more hours.
Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 AM   #13217
kenthepen

Yes, sleep.

Don't worry, you're safe from Cass. All bark and no bite(right, Chihuey?)

But OMG, BARKBARKBARKBARKBARKBARKbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkba rkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Old 04-16-2012, 10:30 AM   #13218
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*saunters into thread*

*ignores previous five pages*

Great news!

On Saturday, I bought a bike!

And today I will go and pick that bike up!

And then I will ride it home.

It's not a fancy bike, it's just a bike, but it's a sexy beeyotch and it's going to take me all over this land they call jarmany.

*rips off shirt*

*beats chest*

*jiggles moobs*

*fist bumps the moon and the stars*

cray, I know you understand, brother.

*backflips out of thread*
Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 AM   #13219
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
You really would like June's stuff. I have two--a Haggis T-shirt, courtesy of Tot, and a Haggis hat I think we stole from Bug.

You mean this is real stuff? I could really buy it? 'Cause that's pretty cool!
Old 04-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #13220
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Cass, but your post is not related to my amazing news in any way whatsoever, so I'm going to have to ask haggis to delete it.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #13221
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
I'm sorry to have to tell you this, Cass, but your post is not related to my amazing news in any way whatsoever, so I'm going to have to ask haggis to delete it.

Haggis lurves me. He'd never do that.

But come on -- tell us all what kind of bike you've got. Road or mountain? Brand? Special features?
Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 AM   #13222
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Well, I don't want to bore anybody, but ok, if you insist!

It's a triumph and it's for trekking and stuff. It's got brakes and wheels and everything! I still need to get baseball cards to put between the spokes.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:19 PM   #13223
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats on the bike, SR.

Just don't follow cray's example.

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

Old 04-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #13224
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
*saunters into thread*

*ignores previous five pages*

Great news!

On Saturday, I bought a bike!

And today I will go and pick that bike up!

And then I will ride it home.

It's not a fancy bike, it's just a bike, but it's a sexy beeyotch and it's going to take me all over this land they call jarmany.
Please ride it on the autobahn. Any lane you choose should be OK.

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it Porter Starr Byrd

Yield to temptation, it may never come again
Unknown
Old 04-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #13225
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

GOOOD MORNIN !!!

I feel ... cheap Free

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it Porter Starr Byrd

Yield to temptation, it may never come again
Unknown
Closed Thread