Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 07:46 AM   #11951
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*sniffs* What's that smell? Cabbage? *sniffs again*

Oh s***, it's me!

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #11952
swachski
drifting..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, it's the new boy!

*slaps Cass*
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 04-03-2012, 07:51 AM   #11953
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CELLA!

Hey, to the rest of you too, I guess.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 AM   #11954
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Talking

I don't mind being an afterthought.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:58 AM   #11955
CassandraW
undead ax baby

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
Hey, it's the new boy!

*slaps Cass*
HEY! Whatchoo slappin' me for? I dint do nuthin', I tell ya.

Edited to add:

Waaaaaiiiiit a second. KenthePen has been on AW longer than I have. OK, got me there. But what about here in the Cabaret, huh? Huh? When was the first time he stuck his head in here?

Edited again to add::

AND he smells like cabbage.

Edited a third time to add:

And for all you know, he's a girl. An uuuuuuuugggly girl.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:01 AM   #11956
kenthepen

I would certainly be an ugly girl. Six foot two inches, two hundred pounds of romping stomping dynamite.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #11957
swachski
drifting..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But he's funny, so he's disqualified.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 04-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #11958
kenthepen

Yes, yes, funny-looking too.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:06 AM   #11959
swachski
drifting..

Well then...you may have found your girl, Cass.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #11960
kenthepen

Maybe you should reconsider. Is being the new rasta-footed girl so bad?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:10 AM   #11961
CassandraW
undead ax baby

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
But he's funny, so he's disqualified.
Oh, those weren't the qualifications for being new. Those were the qualifications for some chick I'd bring here, to strategically stop being the New Girl and yet not forsake more New Girl attention than strictly necessary.

KtP is already here, and not a damn thing I can do about it. So I may as well make the most of him.

*walks around KtP, mulling over the possibilities*

...but apparently, he's not a girl. The best I can do is demand you all start calling him "New Boy."

Edited to add:

goddamit, I INSIST!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:12 AM   #11962
kenthepen

I also answer to "You, boy" and "Pool boy," but not "cabin boy."

Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #11963
swachski
drifting..

oh, Cabana boy... over here. My suntan lotion needs to be reapplied.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #11964
kenthepen

*Sprays SPF300 on swach*

Anything else, Ma'am?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #11965
swachski
drifting..

A Mai tai.

Oh, and clean up these crumbs on the table.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #11966
kenthepen

*hands swach a tie and a bucket of question marks* Sorry, ma'am, the management insists.

Sorry, just realized I don't know how to tie a mai tie?

Old 04-03-2012, 08:42 AM   #11967
swachski
drifting..

*ties one on*

There.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:44 AM   #11968
kenthepen

Excellent, ma'am. And, uh, just brush those crumbs into your lap.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:52 AM   #11969
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*haides all the tequilas*

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #11970
swachski
drifting..

bettie, you're no fun.

*brushes crumbs on lap*
Old 04-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #11971
kenthepen

We're out of Tequila, ma'am. Would you like some scotch, or bourbon, or vodka, or gin?

Old 04-03-2012, 12:10 PM   #11972
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*holds out bucket*

Yes.

And stop calling me ma'am.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #11973
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*notices that the new girl doesn't get a blanket*
Old 04-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #11974
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post

*Drinks. Wine. Does sewing job on poodle.*

It's male, now.

Um... Jay... that poodle now has a bulge in its chest, like it has a uni-rack, or something. Is it meant to be a trannie-pooch?

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 04-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #11975
regdog
Kreon Megatron
AW Moderator

Location: Of course he's trying to take over the universe, he's Kreon Megatron
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
*sneaks in through service door, sweeps, mops, replaces towels, tosses a blanket over New Boy... then picks up all of yesterday's discarded insults and places them back in ye olde recycle bin...*
**Looks around at the clean bar**

Where the hell am I and how did I get here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
New pic.

Note the mark of the devil on her forehead and the mismatched raccoon tail. Obviously Satan's spawn.

It looks like we've decided on Matilda, AKA 'Tilly.

*walks off humming Waltzing Matilda*

Cute name. Devil's spawn? Well, sure, she's yours

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Place

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Closed Thread