Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:22 AM   #11926
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*looks up sheet music for Waltzing Matilda...for research purposes only. Really.*
Old 04-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #11927
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haggis hid my stash and is mocking me.

Brian drank the Jameson.

I have no idea on how to flounce both meatspace and cyberspace.

*Drinks. Wine. Does sewing job on poodle.*

It's male, now.

HTTP://nanowrimo.org/participants/Jaycinth

ahem:I Blame this project on the 'cabbies'...
***Oh..Dedication..oopsie...

I'm designing 'Full Time' for Aquarius Custom Jewelry. Come see the sparkling fun. My work is featured on Page 1!
I'm editing the 'Sensible Man' I STILL love these unpaid gigs

Old 04-03-2012, 06:39 AM   #11928
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
*looks up sheet music for Waltzing Matilda...for research purposes only. Really.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
Haggis hid my stash and is mocking me.

Brian drank the Jameson.

I have no idea on how to flounce both meatspace and cyberspace.

*Drinks. Wine. Does sewing job on poodle.*

It's male, now.
Poor puppy.

I used up your stash last week, remember? You gotta send the new girl out for more.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #11929
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Haggis --

I LOVE the name. Totally love it. Wish I'd come up with it. Though I suspect you're not humming Tom Waits' Tom Traubert's Blues, as I am (one of my favit songs EVAH -- and the refrain does referencing Waltzing Matilda).

*pops Small Change album into CD player*

And I love your new puppy. She's awesome. And the mark of Satan -- I love that, too.

And, oh heck, I guess I lurves you, too.

*dissolves into happy tears*
Thanks, Cass. But you should know that I'm humming Tom T. Hall's "I Like Beer."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
I double dog dare you.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #11930
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Poor puppy.

I used up your stash last week, remember? You gotta send the new girl out for more.
STOP.

CALLING.

ME.

THAT.

Edited to add:

OR YOU'LL BE SORRY.

Edited again to add:

REALLY FREAKING SORRY.

Edited a third time to add:

MAKE MY FREAKIN' DAY, PUNKS.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:31 AM   #11931
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
STOP.

CALLING.

ME.

THAT.

Edited to add:

OR YOU'LL BE SORRY.

Edited again to add:

REALLY FREAKING SORRY.

The only way to stop it is to go out and drag another one over here. I know you have it in you.

By the way, it's better if they're living when they get here.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-03-2012, 07:39 AM   #11932
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I double dog dare you.
Pff. I already have the sheet music and just finished my first playthrough. Gimme a day or three and I'll post a recording.

Quote:
STOP.

CALLING.

ME.

THAT.

Edited to add:

OR YOU'LL BE SORRY.

Edited again to add:

REALLY FREAKING SORRY.

Take it easy before you blow a gasket, New Girl.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:41 AM   #11933
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
The only way to stop it is to go out and drag another one over here. I know you have it in you.

By the way, it's better if they're living when they get here.
*kicks pile of corpses*

That's been the trouble. They all seem to prefer death to this place. Got one of 'em through the door alive, but she impaled herself on a broken bottle almost immediately.

Gotta get me some duct tape. And some roofies.

Edited to add:

Say, do they have to be conscious?

Edited again to add:

And exactly how long do they have to stay alive? Ya know -- for me to stop being the New Girl?
Old 04-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #11934
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
*kicks pile of corpses*

That's been the trouble. They all seem to prefer death to this place. Got one of 'em through the door alive, but she impaled herself on a broken bottle almost immediately.

Gotta get me some duct tape. And some roofies.

Edited to add:

Say, do they have to be conscious?
Of course not. Don't you remember your first visit? Of course you don't.

Quote:
Edited again to add:

And exactly how long do they have to stay alive? Ya know -- for me to stop being the New Girl?
Mel insists on serving fresh meat. So use that as a guideline.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-03-2012, 07:57 AM   #11935
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
Of course not. Don't you remember your first visit? Of course you don't.
Well, I remember waking up on the floor and seeing this leering rabbit looking down at....

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

*scrubs self with steel wool and bleach*

Quote:
Mel insists on serving fresh meat. So use that as a guideline.
Oh, easy peasy. Wish I'd known that's all there was to it -- coulda lured my date last week here for a nightcap instead of leaving him to bleed out under the table at that restaurant.

*scampers up to SYW to find a suitable patsy*
Old 04-03-2012, 08:07 AM   #11936
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haggis? Do you think the new girl realizes if she finds, well, a newer girl, she'll then be an old girl and the new new girl will get all the attention that new girls tend to get around here?
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #11937
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Stewie the Chihuey

A Scary Halloween Story
by guest blogger,
Alleycat
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 AM   #11938
Cella
Friendly Flower

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
Just a wee bit longer....
TWSS
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #11939
swachski
radiant

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey look, the old girl is back!

Into every life crap will fall. ó Anne Lamott

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #11940
Cella
Friendly Flower

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
...not like I wasn't already freaking out about turning 30 later this year

, everyone btw!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #11941
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Haggis? Do you think the new girl realizes if she finds, well, a newer girl, she'll then be an old girl and the new new girl will get all the attention that new girls tend to get around here?

note to self:

(1) find really uuuuuggggly new girl

(2) who's not funny

(3) and has kind of a weird smell to her, like split pea soup maybe, or cabbage

(4) yeah. cabbage
Old 04-03-2012, 08:19 AM   #11942
swachski
radiant

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Whew, good thing I don't fit any some all of those criteria.

Cella!

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 04-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #11943
Cella
Friendly Flower

I'm a little stinky.

but I'm also old, apparently, so it's a win-win for me.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #11944
Cella
Friendly Flower

I like ur usertitle, swachskskisiksiwki!

*tee hee...tit*

*snicker*
Old 04-03-2012, 08:24 AM   #11945
swachski
radiant

Hey, thanks. Someone (old) keeps misspelling it..

Old 04-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #11946
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post
I'm a little stinky.

but I'm also old, apparently, so it's a win-win for me.

You may be stinky, but you're nowhere close to old.

And yer sooooooo goooood lookin'.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:32 AM   #11947
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
AND... her little red light is always on.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #11948
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Cella's a hussy.

And a minx.

Edited to add:

Also a strumpet.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #11949
swachski
radiant

^ jealous.

Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #11950
CassandraW
ill-tempered shrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
^ jealous.

Don't be jealous, swachskiskiskiskiski!

You're a floozy. And a harlot. And a jade. And a scarlet woman.

Feel better?