Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #11501
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Re: the Mail Carrier case

The state of Pennsylvania completed a study in 2007 that whose result indicated that 1.3 percent of all traffic accidents in the state of Pennsylvania between March, 2006 and July, 2007 were caused by the distraction of drivers by the *founcing* of U.S. Mail carriers.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM   #11502
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
Re: the Mail Carrier case

The state of Pennsylvania completed a study in 2007 that whose result indicated that 1.3 percent of all traffic accidents in the state of Pennsylvania between March, 2006 and July, 2007 were caused by the distraction of drivers by the *founcing* of U.S. Mail carriers.
Luckily, only 1.3 percent of mail carriers have nice azzes.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:52 AM   #11503
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not true! My own personal study-- I mean, I've noticed a larger percentage than that in the carriers that walk their routes. Of course the ones that drive. . . . . . .

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 03-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #11504
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You're both clearing talking out of your non-mail-carrying azzes. I find this entire discussion to be nothing more than postulation and hyperbole. I mean, seriously, a whole page of this banter and not a single mention of the Great Package Study of 2010?

Consider yourselves disbarred!

*pulls stools out from under thepen and casstrator*
*plants cabaret flag on bar*
*announces that whiskey is on the house, courtesy of June Planning*

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-31-2012, 10:52 AM   #11505
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
You're both clearing talking out of your non-mail-carrying azzes. I find this entire discussion to be nothing more than postulation and hyperbole. I mean, seriously, a whole page of this banter and not a single mention of the Great Package Study of 2010?
Nuh uh! I wasn't talking out of my azz! I can prove it -- no vocal cords there! And I do carry mail. To my apartment and such. And I'm always getting the guy in the apartment next door's mail, and I bring it to him sometimes, when I feel like it.

And at least part of what I said above was true.

*skims previous post for true statements*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
You read that wrong. FYI, Title VII prohibits sex-based occupational discrimination, so the Supreme Court never would make such a ruling. As Justice Scalia would say, "Duh!"

What the ruling actually said was that "No state shall pass any law abridging the rights of any mail person to engage in the physical behavior known as *founcing.*"

The court found that, given the propensity of dogs to chase mail carriers, it was essential to the smooth operation of the United States Postal Service that they be able to founce at will.

Men, like women, are inviting and initiating sexual interaction when they founce. Or pretty much when they do anything. Men are easy.
See?

(Any other chronic insomniacs in the Cabaret? Sigh. Time for a nightcap and a novel that isn't mine.)
Old 03-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #11506
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nightcaps are so now.

*flicks tassel*
Old 03-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #11507
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's Disgusting

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 03-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #11508
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

GOOOD MORNIN !!!

I feel .. licked

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 03-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #11509
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WOw Kelly - you look daring!!!

Morning guys and gals!

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:41 PM   #11510
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Nightcaps are so now.

*flicks tassel*
*flicks muppet's tassel*

Now founce for me. Yeah. Make it jiggle, baby.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #11511
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*sets up video camera*

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Old 03-31-2012, 07:58 PM   #11512
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
*sets up video camera*
*puts on appropriate music*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNcskHlvc2c
Old 03-31-2012, 08:02 PM   #11513
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm pretty sure that's Rob's anthem.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Old 03-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #11514
CassandraW
on leave

Yeah, looks like he's been rehearsing moves to it.

You gotta give the muppet this much -- he knows how to get saucy with a tassel.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:04 PM   #11515
Angie
Sonic Wench.

That's about *all* I'll give him. *shudders*

Old 03-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #11516
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
That's about *all* I'll give him. *shudders*

Well, that's not really fair. I mean, he's not Cray.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:11 PM   #11517
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Well, that's true. Or the fuzzrat.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:12 PM   #11518
CassandraW
on leave

Or Porter.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:19 PM   #11519
Angie
Sonic Wench.

*shudder*

Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #11520
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi guys!

Goodreads

Old 03-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #11521
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Do you need a coma?

Old 03-31-2012, 08:28 PM   #11522
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

out dealing with sap .. just peeked in

Old 03-31-2012, 08:29 PM   #11523
CassandraW
on leave

Unfortunately, our options here are pretty limited.

*watches Muppet strut*

That big red nose isn't really doing it for me, though. And his crazed grin is kinda dampening the mood.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:31 PM   #11524
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
halp!

PD's confusing me!
Ooh goody - I have a gift!

Goodreads

Old 03-31-2012, 08:36 PM   #11525
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
out dealing with sap
*starts to make joke; decides it's too obvious*

*consults computer program*

*computer program also declines to respond*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
just peeked in

tee hee...peak
Closed Thread