Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #9501
swachski
fluffy..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*leaves in search of the manners forum*

Into every life crap will fall. ó Anne Lamott

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 03-12-2012, 01:28 AM   #9502
parumpdragon
May God bless you and keep you

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I was told by someone way back when I first joined in the OldPeople4Teen thread

It's just common 'threadiquette', right?

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-12-2012, 01:50 AM   #9503
swachski
fluffy..

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Couldn't find the thread, so I guess I'll continue with my bad manners.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 03-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #9504
PorterStarrByrd
nurturing tomorrows criminals today

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
that's disgusting

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 03-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #9505
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
In fairness, I must admit I'm not responsible for our new sock monkey. Someone else got to her before me.
They are on TV, they are surfing, and I can't go into a garden store without seeing...what? A CERAMIC SOCKMONKEY planter!!!!

I do have to say, this current sockmonkey is rather colorful, and dare I use a phrase from a couple centuries past, gay... nonetheless, I fear that we have an overabundance of sock monkies in our daily lives, and I would certainly like some...agency perhaps... to address the sock monkey explosion in the world, and perhaps consider feeding them to the wild boars in southern Georgia.

I'm designing 'Full Time' for Aquarius Custom Jewelry. Come see the sparkling fun. My work is featured on Page 1!
I'm editing the 'Sensible Man' I STILL love these unpaid gigs

Old 03-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #9506
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
They are on TV, they are surfing, and I can't go into a garden store without seeing...what? A CERAMIC SOCKMONKEY planter!!!!

I do have to say, this current sockmonkey is rather colorful, and dare I use a phrase from a couple centuries past, gay... nonetheless, I fear that we have an overabundance of sock monkies in our daily lives, and I would certainly like some...agency perhaps... to address the sock monkey explosion in the world, and perhaps consider feeding them to the wild boars in southern Georgia.
...or to some of the bores in P&CE.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 03-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #9507
CassandraW
I am NOT new

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
... I would certainly like some...agency perhaps... to address the sock monkey explosion in the world, and perhaps consider feeding them to the wild boars in southern Georgia.
Quote:
Either way, I'm good with it. Do we need an agency to address it? I mean, we've got a few of us with some free time right here...
Old 03-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #9508
Del
Sky isn't falling, ground is rising

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Am I the only one that has seen an irony between P&CE and PE&CE? Prolly.

If we stop feeding the sock monkeys and keep those little f#&kers from f#&ckering we could at least control the population.

This tactic works with bunnehs too...not so much with battries.

On the other hand, if we herded them and unstuffed them we could open a sock store.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:09 AM   #9509
PorterStarrByrd

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
an absolutely socking idea !!!!

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 03-12-2012, 02:11 AM   #9510
swachski
fluffy..

Or you could stuff the battery and bunneh in the socks

Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 AM   #9511
Del

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Either way, I'm good with it. Do we need an agency to address it? I mean, we've got a few of us with some free time right here...
DOWN WITH EXCESSIVE GOVERNMENT!!!

Can't we just shoot them?

*enjoys the oblique connotation implicating agency members*
Old 03-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #9512
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Del, how in the world did you get to 4000 posts without getting shmooed?

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #9513
CassandraW
I am NOT new

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
I'm guessing the battery and the bunneh already stuff themselves into socks. Frequently.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #9514
Del

Quote:
I'm a seagull...what could they possibly do to make it worse?
Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 AM   #9515
PorterStarrByrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
DOWN WITH EXCESSIVE GOVERNMENT!!!

Can't we just shoot them?

*enjoys the oblique connotation implicating agency members*

since the 1940's this has been a redundant phrase.

straighten up, fly right, and work on your grammar, or I'll write my congressman complaining about your type.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #9516
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Point taken.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-12-2012, 02:20 AM   #9517
CassandraW
I am NOT new

Quote:
Point taken.

I dunno -- what about that roast Big Bird Del posted earlier? Or for that matter, a live Big Bird.

Always hated Big Bird. Cookie monster's my boy, followed by Oscar the Grouch.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:25 AM   #9518
swachski
fluffy..

Quote:
I'm guessing the battery and the bunneh already stuff themselves into socks. Frequently.
You didn't specify which definition..

Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 AM   #9519
Del

Quote:
I dunno -- what about that roast Big Bird Del posted earlier? Or for that matter, a live Big Bird.

Always hated Big Bird. Cookie monster's my boy, followed by Oscar the Grouch.
I saw Oscar the Grouch following Cookie Monster, too. Do you think he was planning to mug him for a Chips Ahoy?

I never knew Muppets were so dangerous.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 AM   #9520
CassandraW
I am NOT new

Quote:
You didn't specify which definition..
When in doubt, I always go with the first definition. And maybe it's just the crowd I hang with, but when I hear the words "sock monkey," that's the first thing I think of.

*wonders if maybe a new crowd is in order*

*decides that, on second thought, a feelthy-minded crowd beats a crowd that stuffs socks and makes them into cutesie-wootsie puppets*

Edited to add:

Quote:
I saw Oscar the Grouch following Cookie Monster, too. Do you think he was planning to mug him for a Chips Ahoy?

I never knew Muppets were so dangerous.

I've been watching my back around SR since I got here. He keeps trying to sneak up on me in my reppies.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:34 AM   #9521
swachski
fluffy..

Just like any animal, muppets are unpredictable.

Quote:

*decides that, on second thought, a feelthy-minded crowd beats a crowd that stuffs socks and makes them into cutesie-wootsie puppets*
What about hand puppets?

Old 03-12-2012, 02:42 AM   #9522
CassandraW
I am NOT new

Quote:
What about hand puppets?
That's disgusting.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #9523
PorterStarrByrd

Quote:

What about hand puppets?

That's another of QW's specialties.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:01 AM   #9524
swachski
fluffy..

Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 AM   #9525
parumpdragon
May God bless you and keep you

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Now this makes sense!

Quote:
I did not need to know that.

Quote:
He flew through several times under the radar.

Quote:
haha!

Quote:
Point taken.

Quote:
What about hand puppets?
Somehow I read that seriously wrong.

Quote:
That's disgusting.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
That's another of QW's specialties.
I dunna wanna know.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Closed Thread