Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #8351
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Haggis recommended it.
And he was right! You look absolutely lovely. High time you got your head out that book and lived a little.

But, dear, if you don't mind my saying so, you have your teeth on a little crooked.

Edited to add:

Haggis, mon ange!
Old 03-05-2012, 08:46 PM   #8352
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*checks gates and locks of "comedy caberet" - casually, so none of the inmates catch on*

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #8353
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post

Haggis has mange!
FIFY

Hi, Bettie!

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #8354
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So he does, KLM -- it's one of the things that first attracted me.

Bettielee, are you just going to down some sweet potato pie and blow out of here again like you did the other day? If it weren't for the trail of Jameson-soaked fairy dust, I wouldn't even have known you were here.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #8355
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
FIFY

Hi, Bettie!
hai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
So he does, KLM -- it's one of the things that first attracted me.

Bettielee, are you just going to down some sweet potato pie and blow out of here again like you did the other day? If it weren't for the trail of Jameson-soaked fairy dust, I wouldn't even have known you were here.
well, I worry about getting emotionally involved with the subjects... I mean... the inmates... I mean... the inhabitants.

*eats moar sweet potabo pie*

You are all looking very pretty today.

*sets out fingerpainting materials*

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #8356
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*preens*

Fanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:50 PM   #8357
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Me thinks me haz an itch...

to write.

It's not the same itch that Porter has. I know my rashes.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #8358
Cella
Funny Little Loon

Cella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCella is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
RT doesn't have an avatar we can make fun of.

HAGGIS!

Do something!

Old 03-05-2012, 09:57 PM   #8359
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Silent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSilent Rob is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I admire RT's nihilistic approach to avatars.

Wait...did I say admire?

I prolly meant something else.

*scatters euros on the bar*
Old 03-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #8360
regdog
Boston
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, what's with the pseudo money being used to pay the tab? Someone grab the muppet and slap American money out of him.

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #8361
Silent Rob
Riff-Raff

Oh no, reg. The good stuff's well secured.

*tightens thong*
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #8362
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cella View Post
RT doesn't have an avatar we can make fun of.
By gum, Cella, you're right! That little fleshy thingee was so small I didn't even notice when it went away. I hope Swachski got her little ribbon back before it disappeared.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #8363
bettielee

I'ma scared... you don't know what sort of fleas a European muppet might have...remember the black death?

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #8364
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

*scatters Monopoly money on bar*

Better?

Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #8365
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleamay View Post
*scatters Monopoly money on bar*

Better?
If you don't have real money, there are still a few shots of 151 left on the men's room toilet. At least, 151 is mixed in there somewhere.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:11 PM   #8366
regdog
Boston
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Oh no, reg. The good stuff's well secured.

*tightens thong*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I'ma scared... you don't know what sort of fleas a European muppet might have...remember the black death?
And this is why we have cray and RT'c credit cards.

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
Old 03-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #8367
Haggis
No longer green
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
Hey, what's with the pseudo money being used to pay the tab? Someone grab the muppet and slap American money out of him.
Guy's been trying to pay with Greek drachmas, reg. Do something. Hurt him.
Miss Angel Chihuahua

Brand new blog post: I are smart
Old 03-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #8368
Angie
Hoof hoof.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
*checks gates and locks of "comedy caberet" - casually, so none of the inmates catch on*
Pff. Like we all don't know about the four secret tunnels. Although only three are usable anymore, thanks to the Bunneh Incident.

Quote:

*sets out fingerpainting materials*
*paints "Fairies iz kewl" all over the walls*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
*preens*

Fanks.
She wasn't talking to YOU, mop-head. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Guy's been trying to pay with Greek drachmas, reg. Do something. Hurt him.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -Voltaire
Old 03-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #8369
swachski
ripply

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
RT, can I have my ribbon back?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 03-05-2012, 11:18 PM   #8370
Gilroy Cullen
But not Gilderoy Lockhart!

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Shoots a couple empty bottles off the bar... singes all the euros*

Reg, you want this phaser back? I promise I didn't break it. Even tried to recharge it...

Ignore the smoking electric plug in the corner...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:34 PM   #8371
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by swachski View Post
RT, can I have my ribbon back?
Sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
we should probably end it with those sage words.
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Old 03-05-2012, 11:38 PM   #8372
swachski
ripply

swachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsswachski is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well played, RT.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didnít do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. ó Mark Twain
Old 03-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #8373
CassandraW
on leave

*steps up on the bar, clears throat*

You know, it seems just four days ago that I wandered into this place as a hapless newbie with fewer than a hundred posts. In just that narrow window of time, I've acquired a vindictive, rabid ex-husband (though we've since patched things up), a brood of demon spawn, and a whole new look. I've been insulted, electrocuted, and groped, not to mention shmooed three times.

But over the course of those events, I went from being a well-respected member of Query Hell to where I am today...running for president. And I couldn't have done it without you and the good folks in the obsessive reppers thread. Between you, you've given me over 400 rep points in one long weekend. Thank you, Cella, for pushing me over the edge into my campaign.

*pauses for applause, ducks rotten tomato, snatches a bottle before jumping off the bar*
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #8374
cray
thread stalker
SuperModerator

cray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscray is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
snatches

*giggle*
Old 03-05-2012, 11:44 PM   #8375
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
snatches

*giggle*
Bad mod.

Quote:
we should probably end it with those sage words.
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Closed Thread