Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #8176
Del
Sky isn't falling, ground is rising

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
**Opens Cabaret for Sunday services**

We should all reflect on our religious convictions. So I submit that today, the holiest day of the week, we should drink religiously.

Old 03-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #8177
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
**Hits thread with 2X4 in hand**

forget us our sins ...

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #8178
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Where did the thread get a two-by-four and when did it sprout hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
we should probably end it with those sage words.
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Old 03-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #8179
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mmmm. A winter white. Nice pick, Del.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 03-04-2012, 07:18 PM   #8180
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Don't bother me ..

I'm lost somewhere else in the forum.

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 03-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #8181
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
*sits, sipping Bushmill's, reading the rules...reads the rules again...sips more Bushmill's*
SIGH:::: rules
are as follows:
  • Bushmills Wets Paper
  • Paper(Carolina Christian Conservative most likely) covers rock
  • Rock is repudiated by Chihuahua
  • Chihuahua Proselytizes Jaycinth
  • Jaycinth listens to rock
  • Rock hits Chihuahua
  • Chihuahua writes paper
  • Paper is about Bushmills
  • Bushmills gets drunk by chihuahua
  • And..as always...the Bushmills, being improperly bottled, doesn't go on through that short digestive track, never bothers the kidneys and comes back up, and as always...Bushmills wets paper.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #8182
Del

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Where did the thread get a two-by-four and when did it sprout hands?
It's the Alcohol Control Board. Not much we can do about it.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #8183
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning everyone, and happy Sunda...

*checks out jack-booted mod, fairy princess, stacked shots of 151, and pools of Jameson-scented urine*

Well, I see everything is normal here. I'm going to pass on the ale for now, thanks, since I see Jaycinth has kindly lined up some shots for me. Catch you later!

*scampers into men's bathroom*
Old 03-04-2012, 07:28 PM   #8184
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
It's the Alcohol Control Board. Not much we can do about it.
It's oak; ancient and hardened by the years.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #8185
Del

Guys, we have a real problem with Cassandrahamsterghoul. She keeps leaving the seat down.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #8186
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
SIGH:::: rules
are as follows:
  • Bushmills Wets Paper
  • Paper(Carolina Christian Conservative most likely) covers rock
  • Rock is repudiated by Chihuahua
  • Chihuahua Proselytizes Jaycinth
  • Jaycinth listens to rock
  • Rock hits Chihuahua
  • Chihuahua writes paper
  • Paper is about Bushmills
  • Bushmills gets drunk by chihuahua
  • And..as always...the Bushmills, being improperly bottled, doesn't go on through that short digestive track, never bothers the kidneys and comes back up, and as always...Bushmills wets paper.
Yay! I got speshul rules!

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-04-2012, 07:33 PM   #8187
CassandraW
on leave

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Guys, we have a real problem with Cassandrahamsterghoul. She keeps leaving the seat down.
Oh. Oh, and that wasn't 151 in those shotglasses.

Quote:
Yay! I got speshul rules!
Yes, pumpkin. You are a speshul cneauphlaque. Now give me my goddamn alimony.
Old 03-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #8188
Del

Quote:
It's oak; ancient and hardened by the years.
We need that sort of support here.

Old 03-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #8189
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Yes, pumpkin. You are a speshul cneauphlaque. Now give me my goddamn alimony.
Jay, tell her she's not allowed to speak Gaelic in the Cabaret.

Quote:
I wouldn't let it stop me. I mean, it's not like you're the one who's gonna have to clean it up.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-04-2012, 07:47 PM   #8190
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Fascist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
we should probably end it with those sage words.
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Old 03-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #8191
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
*scans Jay's rules*

Jameson, rock, paper, chihuahua, pee...nope, I don't see anything about not speaking Gaelic.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #8192
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Fascist.
*curtsies*

Quote:
*scans Jay's rules*

Jameson, rock, paper, chihuahua, pee...nope, I don't see anything about not speaking Gaelic.
Sheesh. You forgot to read the part that's between the lines.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-04-2012, 08:08 PM   #8193
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Sheesh. You forgot to read the part that's between the lines.
Yeah, well, it's hard to read fine print with these swollen, blood-shot, hamster-demon eyes.

Last edited by CassandraW; 03-04-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: can't spell today. oopsie
Old 03-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #8194
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:
Yeah, well, it's hard to read fine print with these swollen, blood-shot, hampster-demon eyes.
Too bad reg isn't around to give you a slightly more appealing avatar.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-04-2012, 08:14 PM   #8195
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
Isn't that just like you, always pushing responsibility off on someone else. As if you weren't perfectly capable of giving me a slightly more appealing avatar yourself. This is the kind of thing that broke up our marriage.

But as it happens, I'd like to keep this avatar for a bit longer. I want to scurry up to Query Hell and scare some squirrels with it.

Edited to add: On an unrelated topic: Silent Rob/Muppeh. So...he pops in his head in the dead of night, admires my new look, leaves a few rep points, and sneaks away without posting in the thread? Is that his deal? I mean, I'm cool with it. I just want to know.

Last edited by CassandraW; 03-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #8196
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Quote:
Speak to Boudicca 'cause the fairy ain't listening

Quote:
I wouldn't let it stop me. I mean, it's not like you're the one who's gonna have to clean it up.

That's right. If you insist on drinkin' th' Bushmill's then, wee dog, tha'll hae to clean y' own messes for fair Cindy won't be touchin' it.

(hands Haggis a rock band to repudiate)

Old 03-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #8197
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Quote:
Oh. Oh, and that wasn't 151 in those shotglasses.

What matters is that, for awhile, you thought it was.

Actually...it is a quarter 151. RT's liver doesn't filter that well any more.

Too many holes.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #8198
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Quote:

Edited to add: On an unrelated topic: Silent Rob/Muppeh. So...he pops in his head in the dead of night, admires my new look, leaves a few rep points, and sneaks away without posting in the thread? Is that his deal? I mean, I'm cool with it. I just want to know.
Rob's British. That's the way they are.

Stewie the Chihuey

Old 03-04-2012, 09:14 PM   #8199
parumpdragon
photography aficionado

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

You don't think your ex is beautiful as she is?

*more laughter*

Quote:
But as it happens, I'd like to keep this avatar for a bit longer. I want to scurry up to Query Hell and scare some squirrels with it.
what a masterful plan!

Quote:
Yeah, it's the British thing, and he's in Jarmany. It changes a man.

Quote:
I just said that.

You forgot the thing about Jarmany though!

**And good morning Haggis

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #8200
CassandraW
on leave

Quote:
What matters is that, for awhile, you thought it was.
For one brief shining moment...Camelot.

Quote:
Ah. And that explains the muppet head, too. Fine then. All clear. Carry on.

And hello, PD. Top 'o th' mornin' t' ye.