Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2012, 02:12 AM   #8151
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
They're loaded again eh?

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 03-04-2012, 02:14 AM   #8152
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
They're loaded again eh?
I imagine if you discovered you were Haggis's's's demon spawn, you'd be loaded often.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #8153
CassandraW
I am no bird and no net ensnares me

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
They're loaded again eh?
It's the only way I can keep them quiet. They take after their dad.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #8154
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
yeah .. I seem to remember mine taking longer naps that way too ...

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 03-04-2012, 02:25 AM   #8155
CassandraW

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The kids miss seeing you, RT. Especially little Snaggle Tooth. She's sorry about your leg.

Porter, er...did you get a new haircut?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #8156
Del
Sky isn't falling, ground is rising

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
The kids miss seeing you, RT. Especially little Snaggle Tooth. She's sorry about your leg.

Porter, er...did you get a new haircut?
Can't you see...he shaved.

BTW, are these kids RT's or Haggis's. I'm confused.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #8157
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Had to do SOMETHING to get past the bouncer for tonight's dinner. Hope there's still some buffalo chicken lungs left from happy hour ...

Old 03-04-2012, 02:37 AM   #8158
CassandraW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post
Can't you see...he shaved.

BTW, are these kids RT's or Haggis's. I'm confused.
Oh. He looks...nice.

It's complicated. The children are Haggis's demon spawn. However, Haggis and RT hooked up, and then we had this whole triangle thing like Brad and Jen and Angelina. Brad Haggis founced on me, using that whole she-tried-to-cook-me excuse, and went to live in sin with RT (though they got a little too loaded one night and formalized the deal via a Vegas drive-through chapel). I got the burrow and the kids, but sometimes I stuck them with Haggis for a weekend. And over time, they got rather attached to Uncle RT. Literally. Especially little Snaggle Tooth.

All clear now?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #8159
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

How did the mule take it?

I've always been partial to mules (They're 'safe')

Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 AM   #8160
CassandraW

Quote:
How did the mule take it?
Well, as you may have gathered, RT and Haggis aren't together anymore. And Haggis can't bear to be alone...

The mule is having second thoughts.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #8161
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

seconds are better than thirds I guess ...

Old 03-04-2012, 04:03 AM   #8162
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah... but who's on first?
Old 03-04-2012, 04:07 AM   #8163
CassandraW

Well, quickWit's trying to get there...
Old 03-04-2012, 04:17 AM   #8164
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Well, you know how rabbits are. They're quick.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:29 AM   #8165
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oh.... oh what happened to CassandraW?!

*eye bleach* *eye bleach*

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 AM   #8166
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
I'm just trying to fit in. Isn't this what you people do?

Definition of COPYCAT

: one who imitates or adopts the behavior or practices of another
: an imitative act or product <copycat board games>

Teased a mod and got a new avater, huh?

What doesn't kill you just makes you stranger.

Welcome to the Caberet. Your first 20 shots of straight 151 are on the house

...the next 50 shots are sitting on the toilet seat in the men's bathroom.

***polishes Jackboots***

Last edited by Jaycinth; 03-04-2012 at 04:41 AM. Reason: I'm not wearing hockey pants
Old 03-04-2012, 04:40 AM   #8167
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaycinth View Post
What doesn't kill you just makes you stranger.
Which is why Jay is strangest of us all.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #8168
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
oh.... oh what happened to CassandraW?!

*eye bleach* *eye bleach*
Hi Bettie Lee...want some sweet potato pie? I put liquor in it. And left out the sweet potatoes.

And I forgot the vanilla, piecrust and eggs.

Gosh darn, Bettie Lee, all I got was the liquor.

Want to drink my special sweet potato pie ingredient?

I got a couple gallons in case I wanted to bake a lot of pies!

Old 03-04-2012, 04:46 AM   #8169
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Which is why Jay is strangest of us all.

Try to kill me again, you spicey tart.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:50 AM   #8170
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Quote:
Try to kill me again, you spicey tart.
K.

*pours bottle of Jameson Rarest Vintage Reserve down the kitchen sink drain*
Old 03-04-2012, 05:23 AM   #8171
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Uh oh. I think I really did kill Jay.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:10 AM   #8172
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
Uh oh. I think I really did kill Jay.
No way.

Rock, paper, Jameson, Chihuahua, Jaycinth.

The rules
are as follows:
  • Jameson wets paper
  • Paper(Rolling Stone, most likely) covers rock
  • Rock crushes Chihuahua
  • Chihuahua runs to Jaycinth
  • Jaycinth drinks Jameson
  • Jaycinth pees on rock
  • Chihuahua writes paper
  • Paper is about Jameson
  • Jameson gets drunk by chihuahua
  • And..as always...the Jameson goes right on through that short digestive track and barely functioning kidneys and Jameson wets paper

Old 03-04-2012, 06:31 AM   #8173
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No way.

The rules
are as follows:
  • Jameson wets paper
  • Rock crushes Chihuahua
  • Jaycinth pees on rock
  • Chihuahua writes paper
  • Paper is about Jameson
  • And..as always...the Jameson goes right on through that short digestive track and barely functioning kidneys and Jameson wets paper
*sits, sipping Bushmill's, reading the rules...reads the rules again...sips more Bushmill's*

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Old 03-04-2012, 07:39 AM   #8174
parumpdragon
SciFi fun

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Iz confused.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-04-2012, 01:07 PM   #8175
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No way.

The rules
are as follows:
  • Jameson wets paper
  • Rock crushes Chihuahua
  • Jaycinth pees on rock
  • Chihuahua writes paper
  • Paper is about Jameson
WTTW

And she's not half as thunk as drinkle peep she is.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Closed Thread