Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Humor
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #7976
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Definition of FRESCO

: the art of painting on freshly spread moist lime plaster with water-based pigments

: a painting executed in fresco

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
Old 03-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #7977
Del
Sky isn't falling, ground is rising

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
Surely...surely Rolling Thunder can be trusted to extend a helping hand to the new girl.
Yeah, what about these noobs we keep getting? I thought everyone had been warned.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:52 AM   #7978
parumpdragon
Flappy bat

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You misspelt your 'boobies' Seagull.

There, I just had to get them out and flash them again. Let them get some air.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
Old 03-03-2012, 01:55 AM   #7979
Del

Del is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
You misspelt your 'boobies' Seagull.
Noobs...as in nearly boobs.

Actually there is a big difference between a noobie and a boobie. I see a lot of the first. None of the latter.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #7980
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Definition of FRICASSEE

: a dish of pieces of fresh meat (as chicken) or vegetables stewed in stock and served in a white sauce

The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Old 03-03-2012, 01:56 AM   #7981
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by PorterStarrByrd View Post
Definition of FRESCO

: the art of painting on freshly spread moist lime plaster with water-based pigments

: a painting executed in fresco
It's also a refreshing beverage.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:00 AM   #7982
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Definition of FRAPPÉ

: chilled or partly frozen

Origin of FRAPPÉ

French, from past participle of frapper to strike, chill, from Old French fraper to strike First Known Use: 1848

A cooling drink made with ice and fresh Fruit

Rhymes with FRAPPÉ

abbé, affray, agley, airplay, airway, aisleway, all-day, allay, allée, Angers, Anhui, archway, array, ashtray, assay, astray, Augier, away, aweigh, backstay, ballet, base pay, bat ray, beignet, belay, beltway, benday, beret, betray, bewray, bidet, bikeway, birthday, Biscay, Bizet, blasé, bobstay, Bombay, Bossuet, bouchée, bouclé, boule, bouquet, Bourget, bourrée, breezeway, Bouvet, Broadway, buffet, byplay, byway, cachet, café, cahier, Cambay, Cathay, causeway, chaîné, chalet, chambray, chassé, child's play, ciré, cliché, congé, convey, co-pay, Corday, corvée, coudé, coupé, crawlway, crochet, croquet, crossway, cube, curé, cy pres, DA, daresay, D-day, death ray, decay, deejay, defray, delay, dengue, dismay, display, distrait, DJ, donnée, doomsday, doorway, dossier, downplay, dragée, driveway, duvet, Earl Grey, embay, épée, essay, estray, Ewe, fair play, fairway, Feuillet, field day, filé, filet, fillet, fireclay, fishway, flambé, flight pay, floodway, flyway, folkway, footway, foray, force play, forebay, foreplay, forestay, formée, forte, fouetté, foul play, Fouquet, four-way, fourchée, foyer, franglais, freeway, Friday, frieze, fumet, gainsay, Galway, gamay, gangway, gateway, gelée, give way, glacé, godet, gourmet, Green Bay, greenway, guideway, gunplay, hair spray, halfway, hallway, Hannay, harm's way, hatchway, headway, hearsay, Hebei, Hefei, heyday, highway, hold sway, homestay, hooray, horseplay, Hubei, in play, in re, inlay, inveigh, Islay, issei, jackstay, James Bay, jennet, jeté, Jetway, Jolliet, keyway, Kobe, koine, kouprey, lamé, laneway, lay day, leeway, lifeway, Lomé, Lord's day, lwei, lycée, M-day, maguey, mainstay, make hay, Malay, malgré, man-day, Mande, Manet, manqué, margay, massé, match play, maté, May Day, Medway, melee, meze, midday, midway, Midway, Millay, Millet, mislay, misplay, moiré, Monday, Monet, Mornay, name day, Niamey, nisei, noonday, Norway, nosegay, obey, OK, olé, ombré, one-way, osprey, Otway, outlay, outré, outstay, outweigh, oyez, PA, parfait, parkway, parlay, parquet, partway, passé, pâté, pathway, pavé, payday, pearl gray, per se, pince-nez, pipe clay, piqué, piquet, pith ray, PK, plié, plissé, pommée, Pompeii, portray, prepay, projet, pulque, puree, purvey, quale, Quesnay, raceway, Rahway, railway, rappee, red bay, relay, repay, replay, risqué, roadway, Roget, role-play, ropeway, rosé, rosebay, Roubaix, roué, routeway, runway, sachet, saint's day, Salé, sansei, sashay, sauté, screenplay, scrub jay, seaway, Shark Bay, shar-pei, shipway, short-day, sick bay, sick day, sick pay, sideway, skyway, slideway, slipway, sluiceway, soigné, soiree, someday, someway, soothsay, soufflé, speedway, spillway, squeeze play, stairway, sternway, stingray, straightway, strathspey, stroke play, subway, Sunday, survey, sweet bay, swordplay, tea tray, tempeh, thoughtway, thruway, Thursday, tideway, today, Tokay, tollway, Torbay, touché, toupee, trackway, tramway, Tuesday, Twelfth Day, two-way, unlay, unsay, valet, V-day, veejay, vide, visé, Vouvray, walkway, waylay, Wednesday, weekday, white way, windway, wood ray, wordplay, workday

Old 03-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #7983
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Thunder View Post
It's also a refreshing beverage.

Don't drink that stuff. It has asspartaim. It will kill you if you don't die first.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #7984
CassandraW
you wave your hand

CassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCassandraW is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
why...why, I think you're all making fun of me. Just because I'm new doesn't mean... why, you...

Old 03-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #7985
GailD
Trick or edit?

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

I find this deeply offensive, RT.

*pulls rocket launcher trigger*

*okay, all you NRA freaks, squeeeeezes trigger*

*reports post*

ETA: Hi Cassie.

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Old 03-03-2012, 02:07 AM   #7986
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
why...why, I think you're all making fun of me. Just because I'm new doesn't mean... why, you...
It ain't cuz you're new...just cuz you're here.

Porter, would stop posting dictionary cuts. You'll get the place shut down for plagiarism. I mean, do you know how many books use those same words?!!
Old 03-03-2012, 02:09 AM   #7987
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
I find this deeply offensive, RT.
Hi Gail.

**Makes note, Gail is offended by cowboys**
Old 03-03-2012, 02:10 AM   #7988
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ETA: directed at Gail before all you interlopers got in my way. Stand back. I'm armed, drinking and annoyed.
Hey lady, herding kittens is an admirable and underappreciated job.
Why do you think I had to enlist Transformers to help?

And now that I think of it, you look sort of familiar. Are you currently sitting in a very large truck in Nevada and pretending your cell phone doesn't work?

ETA:AGAIN: I just noticed that all you interlopers are really just Del. Stop appearing in double, Del. This is not a warning. Step away from the keyboard.

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-03-2012, 02:11 AM   #7989
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Definition of FRIBBLE

transitive verb
: to trifle or fool away

intransitive verb
: trifle

obsolete : dodder

.example-sentences ol.collapsed-list li.hidden{ display: none;}li.more-sent-link{ background: none;}#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.more-link,#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.hide-link{ color: #717274; font-family: verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-variant: normal; text-decoration: none;}#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.more-link:hover .text,#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link a.hide-link:hover .text{ text-decoration: underline;}.example-sentences ol.expanded-list a.more-link,.example-sentences ol.collapsed-list a.hide-link{ display: none;}#content .definition div.d li.more-sent-link span.icon{ padding-right: 2px;}Examples of FRIBBLE
  1. <somehow, he managed to spend the whole morning fribbling instead of doing his assigned work>

Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #7990
kayleamay
I'm on the phone.

kayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskayleamay is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*fribbles the day away*

Hushpuppy: "When it all goes quiet behind my eyes, I see everything that made me flying around in invisible pieces. When I look too hard it goes away. And when it all goes quiet, I see they are right here. I see that I'm a little piece of a big, big universe and that makes things right. When I die, the scientists of the future, they're gonna find it all. They're gonna know, once there was a Hushpuppy and she lived with her daddy in the bathtub." ~ Beasts of the Southern Wild
Old 03-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #7991
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*interlopes*
Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #7992
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Definition of FRIGHTEN

transitive verb
: to make afraid : terrify

: to drive or force by frightening <frightened the boy into confessing>

Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #7993
Del

Quote:
*interlopes*
Would you please go to the restroom to do that.
Old 03-03-2012, 02:20 AM   #7994
Del

Old 03-03-2012, 02:22 AM   #7995
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Definition of VIOLACEOUS

: of the color violet

Origin of VIOLACEOUS

Latin violaceus, from viola violet First Known Use: 1657

Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #7996
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del View Post

Gail's a pimp?
Old 03-03-2012, 02:24 AM   #7997
GailD
Trick or edit?

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Del, please post my hissy face for KLM.

Interlopes. Pffft.

No, Del. The hisssssssy one.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #7998
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

Definition of PERSPICACIOUS

: of acute mental vision or discernment : keen

per·spi·ca·cious·ly adverb
per·spi·ca·cious·ness noun
per·spi·cac·i·ty \-ˈka-sə-tē\ nounOrigin of PERSPICACIOUS

Latin perspicac-, perspicax, from perspicere First Known Use: 1640

Rhymes with PERSPICACIOUS

arenaceous, carbonaceous, contumacious, disputatious, efficacious, farinaceous, foliaceous, gallinaceous, orchidaceous, ostentatious, pertinacious, solanaceous, violaceous

Old 03-03-2012, 02:26 AM   #7999
GailD
Trick or edit?

Quote:

Gail's a pimp?

I didn't know you where a john.

And you can call me ma'am. It's easier.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:28 AM   #8000
Del

Quote:

Gail's a pimp?
Closed Thread