Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 09:54 PM   #12276
Andelana
Secret Stick-Figure Superhero

Andelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
It's interesting you mention her scene in Inferno, because some texts refer to her as guarding the gates to Tartarus. And that tidbit helps for my purposes immensely.
Somehow I imagined an evil little chuckle accompanying that... Heh Ah, well - sorry I couldn't find anything more useful for you, but at least you can be sure you've got most of what's out there. Too bad I don't know Mary Beard better, I bet she could help... She's one of those people who just intimidate me by being in the same room, though. So many braaaains...
Old 04-19-2012, 09:58 PM   #12277
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ace! Donuts! Yum!

10s. Hope the puppers feel better soon.

Mr. Michael Cat has balding ears right now, but that's due to allergies. Every spring and fall his poor kitty head gets stuffed and his ears itch (and thus he over scratches them). Mr. Jon Cat just sneezes and has the occasional coughing jag.

Kricket, may today be the day!

And I'm outa here for a while. Day job is Buuuuuuusy! Just taking a quick break for lunch.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 PM   #12278
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Guys,

I bought the new Justin Beiver song because the music is so catchy!

*Hangs head in shame*

Also I have to take one of the dogs to the vet tomorrow to figure out what the crap is wrong with him.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 04-19-2012, 10:38 PM   #12279
AceTachyon
Odd person

AceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
Also I have to take one of the dogs to the vet tomorrow to figure out what the crap is wrong with him.
It's cuz you bought the new Justin Bieber song.

Website Blog Twitter
Escapist fiction for everyone

KAT&MOUSE Season 2 boxed set is out! Kindle or epub
Old 04-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #12280
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I also bought some Billy Idol.

My music collection is so WTF.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 04-19-2012, 10:41 PM   #12281
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Yes, but did they teach you anything?
They taught me that they don't understand anything about comics or bondage. Actually, I kind of figured.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
BWAHAHAHAHA!

I mean, "Oh, how awkward."
Laugh it up, fuzzball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceTachyon View Post
Hello, Cantinarinos.

How's things been in here?

And yes, I bring coffee.

And donuts.
*stares at donuts* Hi, Ace.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #12282
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hello, New Folks. I'm the guy who sometimes doesn't wear pants.
*checks thread*

Did I just walk into the Caberet?
No, I see the dong garden.

*rubs eyes*

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 04-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #12283
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I also bought some Billy Idol.

My music collection is so WTF.
My girlfriend calls my collection "eclectic."
(Okay, so I have Britney, Metallica, the Rogues, Disturbed, Cobra Starship, Enigma, Black Crows, and SR-71 on my favorites list.)

But no Beiber...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #12284
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

I hated the Beiver's previous songs, but the music on this one is really pretty good.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 04-19-2012, 11:11 PM   #12285
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I hated the Beiver's previous songs, but the music on this one is really pretty good.
what's the song?
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #12286
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
MrBugz would be annoyed I shared, but he secretly rocks out to the Beebs too. Much to my sadness and head-shaking.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 PM   #12287
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*dances around the room*

Ace is back! Ace is back! Ace is back!

Things are going to get interesting now!

*dances away*

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 04-20-2012, 12:17 AM   #12288
AceTachyon
Odd person

AceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAceTachyon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
*dances around the room*

Ace is back! Ace is back! Ace is back!

Things are going to get interesting now!

*dances away*
And for the record, "sans pants/no pants" does not mean "starkers from the waist down."

It means "only boxer briefs."

Just sayin'....

Website Blog Twitter

Old 04-20-2012, 12:25 AM   #12289
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And for the record, "sans pants/no pants" does not mean "starkers from the waist down."

It means "only boxer briefs."

Just sayin'....

Damn! And here all this time, I was imagining a crazed writer with an indiana jones hat, a Star Wars t-shirt, a kilt (commando, of course), and motorcycle boots.

Way to kill my fantasies, dude!

Old 04-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #12290
aliwood
practical experience, FTW

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So just back from my spy lecture to find Ace has returned. I had two free coffees and three free muffins. I will be high on sugar and caffiene for the next few hours. Maybe I should turn the WP on and see what happens.

Anyway, it was a really good lecture and I'd tell you all about it but then I'd have to shoot you. *Old, but still has mileage*

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-20-2012, 12:38 AM   #12291
AceTachyon
Odd person

Quote:
Damn! And here all this time, I was imagining a crazed writer with an indiana jones hat, a Star Wars t-shirt, a kilt (commando, of course), and motorcycle boots.

Way to kill my fantasies, dude!

You're confusing me with Doctor Jericho.

Only he doesn't wear a kilt.

Website Blog Twitter

Old 04-20-2012, 12:58 AM   #12292
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
You're confusing me with Doctor Jericho.

Only he doesn't wear a kilt.

Don't bother me with facts! I've already made up my mind!

Old 04-20-2012, 01:02 AM   #12293
AceTachyon
Odd person

Quote:
Don't bother me with facts! I've already made up my mind!
I mean yes, he wears a kilt.

Website Blog Twitter

Old 04-20-2012, 01:07 AM   #12294
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bettie? Are you finally not pending on the new place? Sending smooth-move vibes your way (no, not the creepy kind!)

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 04-20-2012, 01:27 AM   #12295
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
what's the song?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
MrBugz would be annoyed I shared, but he secretly rocks out to the Beebs too. Much to my sadness and head-shaking.
Just Boyfriend. I don't like any of his other stuff so far. Most of it is annoying.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 04-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #12296
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

Quote:
Just Boyfriend. I don't like any of his other stuff so far. Most of it is annoying.
Hmm.

All I hear is Timbaland (which is good)...and a 12 year old boy telling me he's going to take me places I ain't never been befoe (which is creepy, and also unlikely).
Old 04-20-2012, 02:20 AM   #12297
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Thank you.

I will not get to sleep easily tonight.
No worries, mate.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-20-2012, 02:21 AM   #12298
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

Perhaps that why I like the music so much and am very meh about the lyrics. It really doesn't sound like Beiver Fever.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 04-20-2012, 02:40 AM   #12299
maxmordon
You might well think that...

maxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaxmordon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My stepdad has put my turtle and a lovebird in a cage together. I'm scared of the outcome!
Old 04-20-2012, 02:50 AM   #12300
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxmordon View Post
My stepdad has put my turtle and a lovebird in a cage together. I'm scared of the outcome!
Isn't that how you get turtledoves?

*vanishes after drive-by punnage*

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Closed Thread