Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #11676
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
And when I said he could make it up to me (when he apologized again for being late) by taking me to the movies, say Thursday, he soon said he'd rather run off and go to the beach.
Maybe he just meant he'd rather take you to the beach than the movies.

If not, take him to the beach anyway. And then feed him to the sharks.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-11-2012, 07:58 AM   #11677
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
Hillz: carefully places padlocks on both file cabinets when no one is looking. If asked, explains Corporate is doing a drawer roller upgrade and there's currently no access. Suggests, if they don't understand what "no access" truly means, they go talk to the File-Information Technology staff, or the "F-IT" department for short.
Yay on the house!!!!!

What if I carefully take a hammer 'o sledge to them instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
no one noticed this? I am pretty sure you aren't a huge scotch guy, either, unless that isn't you in the pix on your blog!
I sometimes take possession of the masculine. It amuses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
This guy is an idiot. I mean, what is he, a passive aggressive dater? Fool. Again, I say, a pox upon him! The fool.
Seconded.

Sorry for the disappointment Fen, but it's best to move on. You don't wanna get pox on ya.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:00 AM   #11678
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Before anyone digs a whole too deep. This is a quote from Dr. Suess's Alphabet book. I'll check it when I get home. I may have misquoted. In that case you will have abject apologies.
Hmm, well, you might slide then, because as I recall that one is not terribly meterish, for Seuss.

And I have it downstairs, if I am not mistaken.

*goes to check*

ETA: I am not mistaken. I have. And, I quote:
ABCDEFG
Goat
girl
googoo goggles
G ... g ... G

So we'll call it a draw

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-11-2012, 08:02 AM   #11679
geardrops
Good thing I like my day job

geardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthoodgeardrops is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Hey, I know it's like way early to ask this... but is anyone going to World Fantasy in Toronto this year?
Thinking about it. Will have to see about my PTO.

Fen, it's Nov 1-4.

my blog - twitter
Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM   #11680
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Trips to Wal-mart always make me sad. People shopping in their jammies seem to be more common every week. o.O

*hugs Fen*

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-11-2012, 08:57 AM   #11681
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Maybe he just meant he'd rather take you to the beach than the movies.

If not, take him to the beach anyway. And then feed him to the sharks.

Bos always has the best smileys. I'm jealous.

Quote:
Hmm, well, you might slide then, because as I recall that one is not terribly meterish, for Seuss.

And I have it downstairs, if I am not mistaken.

*goes to check*

ETA: I am not mistaken. I have. And, I quote:
ABCDEFG
Goat
girl
googoo goggles
G ... g ... G

So we'll call it a draw

Yeah, I was in class explaining that a certain noun needed capitalization and a "the" and I stopped in mid sentence. I realized that yeah, it was googoo. It took a few more minutes to realize that the layout was off and may have made a difference. So, I'll concede defeat in the Seuss Wars.

And where do you get the cool smileys?
Old 04-11-2012, 09:09 AM   #11682
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hey, I know it's like way early to ask this... but is anyone going to World Fantasy in Toronto this year?
Oh, man. Talk about a wish list.

Is Toronto nice in November?
Old 04-11-2012, 10:23 AM   #11683
Shoeless
practical experience, FTW

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Oh, man. Talk about a wish list.

Is Toronto nice in November?
Cool-ish. Similar to New York, temperatures vary anywhere between low 10s (Celsius) to single digits. It's a windy town as well, so dress for that.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 PM   #11684
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning

I guess I missed the usual and the unusual huh?

for me please

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-11-2012, 12:29 PM   #11685
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Zan, CONGRATS ON THE HOUSE!!!!

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #11686
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Ali! I was getting lonely, thank you for showing up. I know, I'm like a 5 year old. Maybe that's why I get along so well with the little one.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:46 PM   #11687
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning. Looks like Fen is here too.

I think there are about eleventy billion things on my to do list today , so I may just apply procrastination to the whole thing. I bet my protestant work ethic kicks in again. Must train harder to make it lapse.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #11688
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Yeah, Fen is here too. Can I get all now? or should I go back and sit in the corner like a good boy.

Maybe I'll do the corner thing. It is 5:36 pm, I can go home in 54 minutes. I wonder how many words I can get done in that time.

This is first draft/detailed outline level stuff, so quantity is good as long as it is going in the right direction. Real work comes when this part is done.

ETA The bouncy bouncy smiley is because both Ali and Fen are here, I have two people to talk to. It is not because I prefer Fen over Ali. I must be tired, I'm getting over-whatever. I'll go back and sit in the corner.

Last edited by Debio; 04-11-2012 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Oops, possible misinterpretation threat alarm is going off.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #11689
aliwood

Good idea - wordage, go for it. I am in for an exciting day of watching himself tearing his remaining hair out because he has decided to reinstall Windooze on the other computer.

I am staying well clear

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-11-2012, 01:22 PM   #11690
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm having the lousiest month

I am back to daily migraines, my gall stones are acting up painfully, in addition to the food allergies I also have an intestinal inflammation, I have a sore tooth as of yesterday, in addition to my normal 12 hr work day I have a shitload of corrections to apply today to a job I did a few weeks ago, and the corrections are in bits that were previously accepted and they aren't explained so I'm left staring at notes like, "wtf does he mean?", my fellow council member just up and quit, leaving us in quite a bind because there's nobody to replace him, which will make the coalition lose its numbers advantage...

And worst of all, I can't stop crying about Timmy.

I have no energy left. I want to not be in my life.

My... blog? That can't be right.

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: first draft finished
Quote:
You're totally innocent.
Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post

10s
Old 04-11-2012, 01:26 PM   #11691
Debio
Joining the insect army.

*Debio leaves his corner*

for Ten.

Anything else I say will just sound silly, or worse. There are more of those available, just poke me when you need one.
Old 04-11-2012, 02:16 PM   #11692
aliwood

10s

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #11693
Gilroy Cullen
But not Gilderoy Lockhart!

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And then, there's this.
Dude, that is the original 8 incher...

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 PM   #11694
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
10s, many s. The gi crap should start to clear up. It gets better. Is Timmy doing okay right now? Get the hula hoop and camera out again

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-11-2012, 04:07 PM   #11695
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And then, there's this.
WANT!

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Undead Chaos

Website, Chirps, Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 04-11-2012, 04:15 PM   #11696
Gilroy Cullen

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
There are people who thought Titanic was just a movie. And are now *amazed* that it was a real event.
Something fun we'd do when the movie was in theaters the first time, as people stood in line, was walk by, talking about wanting to see how well they made the ship sink.

I actually heard people yell "Thanks for ruining the movie, man!"

Braving SYW:
Old 04-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #11697
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
And in completely unrelated to anything else news, in a fit of complete and utter insanity, I have, after years of being inactive, reactivated my Twitter account.

I blame all of you. Yes, you. You know who you are.

ETA: Despite blame, I shall likely be adding or following or whatever it is one does some of you shortly. Just so you can't say you weren't warned.
One of us.

One of us!

ONE OF US!

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Undead Chaos

Website, Chirps, Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 04-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #11698
Kricket
From the planet Asgosia

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good Morning Y'all!

10. I'm sorry things are so rough right now.

Quote:
*hands you some chocolate*
*takes it* Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
I remember those days. Hey, hold out a few more weeks, and our kids could share a birthday!
I've only got 9 days left of this. I ain't waiting any longer than that.

And congrats on the house!

I did all the laundry yesterday. Phew. Of course, that doesn't mean that the clothes are all put away yet, but it's all clean. That totally counts.

And I'm out for a while. Gotta get dressed, have an early morning tour of the hospital to go to.
Flash: "I See Spot" open for crit
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 3,426/50,000 words

Blog
Letter From CampNaNo

Old 04-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #11699
Gilroy Cullen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Trips to Wal-mart always make me sad. People shopping in their jammies seem to be more common every week.
People do everything in their jammies around here, it seems. Wait, that might be because I live too close to redneckville...

Braving SYW:
Old 04-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #11700
Gilroy Cullen

Hope things improve, 10s

Braving SYW:
Closed Thread