Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 05:57 PM   #11326
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
The orcoid comes running out of the tree at a sprint. His face is pale and his eyes wide. "RUN!" he shouts. "IT is in there!"
Old 04-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #11327
aliwood
practical experience, FTW

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
IT? What do you mean IT?

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #11328
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
I don't know what to call it, it is ugly and smells bad and it called me naughty names.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #11329
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hmm, looks bad, smells bad, and talks bad.

That's bad.

So where do we run too? There's only a lake around here. Where will we end up if we run that way?

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 06:11 PM   #11330
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
He began screaming for the Wonder Twins, BunnyTrooper and SoftBoiledSheep.

A white, large-eared helmet poked out of a nearby doorway.

"Th' hell is going on out here?" BunnyTrooper asked. He spotted the other Cantineros and smiled.

Not that anyone could tell behind the mask, but it was the thought that counted.

"Hey guys," he said, "whatcha playing?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
"Baseball or Cricket," replied the Horse, "depending on what side of the Pond we're on I guess."

(next!)
BunnyTrooper blinked. "Uh, I'm married and pretty sure THAT game would get me in a lot of tro...oh CRICKET! Yeah, I'm down."

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 04-06-2012, 06:17 PM   #11331
aliwood

Look. A door in the middle of nowhere. Help! Bunny Trooper save us.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #11332
CobraMisfit

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Look. A door in the middle of nowhere. Help! Bunny Trooper save us.
It's a trap!!!

(ah, memes...)

Old 04-06-2012, 06:49 PM   #11333
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Zoooooooom* Coffee girl runs by. But is too amped up to stop.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #11334
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Wouldn't that just be -gles? .

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #11335
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
I don't know what to call it, it is ugly and smells bad and it called me naughty names.
"That's just Bos," said the Ghost Horse as she flipped her mane. "dont mind him."

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #11336
Etola
Looking at Stars

Etola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudge
A ball of glittering stars floats on by. "Do not be afraid," it said. "That door is the portal to the Magical Land of Magic Items, Motorcycles and Candy. To reach it, however, you must pass by the Soft-Boiled Sheep of Doom."
And know the place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

Salamander's Shadow
1st draft: 85,126/100k
Adventures of Mae Fortune On the Agent Hunt!

Last edited by Etola; 04-06-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Story consistency
Old 04-06-2012, 07:07 PM   #11337
aliwood

Hurry, the door's closing.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 07:08 PM   #11338
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
A white, large-eared helmet poked out of a nearby doorway.

"Th' hell is going on out here?" BunnyTrooper asked. He spotted the other Cantineros and smiled.

Not that anyone could tell behind the mask, but it was the thought that counted.

"Hey guys," he said, "whatcha playing?"

BunnyTrooper blinked. "Uh, I'm married and pretty sure THAT game would get me in a lot of tro...oh CRICKET! Yeah, I'm down."
The dragon raised one scaly eyebrow and shook her head. "So whatchya got there in that egg Bunny?"

(I'll be out for a while, dr appointment)

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 04-06-2012, 07:10 PM   #11339
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Long night in the Debio household. First, little debio insisted on watching this and then this over and over and over. While watching these two videos, he also insisted on eating chocolate. Apparently he ate too much, I think mom was giving him some when I wasn't looking, or I was when she wasn't looking or something. So, he does the chocolate barf thing.

On the dog.

When going to bed, he insisted that there was a monster in the closet. Now, I had been expecting this and have been giving him three different reasons not to be afraid.

1. This house is brand new and we had a priest bless it to protect against monsters. (True)

2. Papa is secretly a monster slayer and all the monsters are afraid of him.(True only back in my RPG days) I leave stuff around the house and tell him it is monster body parts.

3. I gave him a stuffed bear and told him that the bear is stronger than the monsters and will protect him if he shares his cookies. (papa eats the cookies he gives to the bear when he isn't looking)(no, that is NOT why I told him that story.)

Today, methods 1 and 2 didn't seem to work. And for 3, it took four cookies before he believed. It must have been a scary monster.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:16 PM   #11340
Debio
Joining the insect army.

I certainly hope that egg is a Mark IV plasma grenade. We could sure use one now.
Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #11341
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
The dragon raised one scaly eyebrow and shook her head. "So whatchya got there in that egg Bunny?"
I'll tell you this much, it's no moon.

Old 04-06-2012, 07:30 PM   #11342
aliwood

Is it a basket. I could with some sleep. I haven't had a nap in over an hour.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #11343
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Coworker brought me a chocolate bunny this morning. But it's a "fairy bunny." There's something kind of badass about a bunny with wings... made even better by the whole chocolate thing.

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 04-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #11344
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Which ones? Wheat and corn are my biggies. The cooking forum can give you lots of tips.
Forgot to respond:

The tally stands at dairy, citrus fruits, fish, all nuts and seeds, and a sensitivity to wheat. I apparently can eat it, and the response won't be that strong, but it's best to avoid it.

Blog

New Blog Post: Inside the WIP Machine
Older Blog Post: Writing with a chronic illness

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: querying
TRUE COLORS: 90/100K

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 04-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #11345
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'll tell you this much, it's no moon.

Uh huh...

Well y'all keep playing I'm going to go collapse now.

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #11346
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Forgot to respond:

The tally stands at dairy, citrus fruits, fish, all nuts and seeds, and a sensitivity to wheat. I apparently can eat it, and the response won't be that strong, but it's best to avoid it.
Sorry, 10s. I've got wheat/gluten sensitivity (my reaction is painful, though) and a severe shellfish allergy. I tend to limit dairy, just because. So, if you need good gluten- and dairy-free recipes (especially for baking), let me know. I have tested LOTS.

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 04-06-2012, 08:51 PM   #11347
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning!

Must find coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
Quiet here tonight. I've been mostly awol for a couple of days with a touchy stomach thing, and now the toddlers appear to have picked it up too. Ugh!

Hope everyone is well and off being productive writers
Ugh, that sounds terrible. Hope you all feel better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I've never been into blonde dudes.... but Thor and Captain America might have me changing my mind. Maybe. Just a little.
Word.

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 04-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #11348
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Forgot to respond:

Oh, and pork.

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 04-06-2012, 08:52 PM   #11349
10trackers
Pollyanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
Sorry, 10s. I've got wheat/gluten sensitivity (my reaction is painful, though) and a severe shellfish allergy. I tend to limit dairy, just because. So, if you need good gluten- and dairy-free recipes (especially for baking), let me know. I have tested LOTS.
That would be awesome. Thank you!

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 PM   #11350
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

10s -- I slightly modify this recipe (a bit more vanilla, no powdered sugar) and people request it not knowing it's gluten- and dairy-free. Perfect for breakfast.

This weekend, I'll PM you a blend for flour that will be a) cheaper than buying the pre-packaged stuff b) make for better baked goods/pancakes/chicken breading/etc. and c) thickens up nicely with almond or soy milk.

Closed Thread