Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 06:16 AM   #11276
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
In other news: several food allergies. I has them
Welcome to the food allergy club. Sorry you have to join.

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | Tumblr | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 04-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #11277
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Debio, I've got some half composted bullshit* you can come pick up.

*okay, it's actually multigender horse shit. But, if you want bullshit, join me at work.

Speaking of work, the company's security guard robbed a local grocery store IN HIS SMALL HOME TOWN last night and got $300 or so and a visit from the police.

Yay for stupid people.
I wish I could come pick it up. Horseshit is firmer and comes in sizes much easier to throw at people*.

*I grew up in a farm town with lots of cows and horses. This is not knowledge from direct experimentation...exactly.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #11278
amergina
Santa gave me a ring! Uh oh....
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Folks arrived at the house. It's not nearly as bad as I thought. (I think I was viewing it through the -goggles.)

And then we took an arrow to the knee went out for Indian, as the local place has a buffet on Thursday.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-06-2012, 07:20 AM   #11279
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
And then we took an arrow to the knee went out for Indian, as the local place has a buffet on Thursday.
*nerd swoon*

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 04-06-2012, 07:35 AM   #11280
Shoeless
practical experience, FTW

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I should be tired of this meme by now, but it's the gift that keeps on giving.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:12 AM   #11281
zanzjan
always tomorrow-bound
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quiet here tonight. I've been mostly awol for a couple of days with a touchy stomach thing, and now the toddlers appear to have picked it up too. Ugh!

Hope everyone is well and off being productive writers

2014: Fly Away Home, Interzone #251, March; House Party Blues, Black Static #39, March; Shatterdown, Asimov's, June (podcast here!)

A PROMPT A DAY! The Countdown to 2015 Calendar: Writing Lab --> Writing Exercises --> Flash Fiction Challenge. Open to all!
Old 04-06-2012, 09:40 AM   #11282
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
Quiet here tonight. I've been mostly awol for a couple of days with a touchy stomach thing, and now the toddlers appear to have picked it up too. Ugh!

Hope everyone is well and off being productive writers

Yeah, it's quiet. I'm sitting around waiting for the fun to start.
Old 04-06-2012, 09:48 AM   #11283
Shoeless

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
I was like that for several years, when I was living in Singapore for a while. Waiting for my North American acquaintances to get on with their evening when it was the start of the day for me.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:33 AM   #11284
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Folks arrived at the house. It's not nearly as bad as I thought. (I think I was viewing it through the -goggles.)
Wouldn't that just be -gles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post

Ugh. Zat ees zee vurst, being sick with sick kiddo.

Hope you feel better soon, all of you.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:38 AM   #11285
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
That made me laugh far harder than appropriate.

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:42 AM   #11286
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
I know! I feel like such a dork.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #11287
Debio
Joining the insect army.

2pm to 6pm is really really boring here. (I'm in GMT+9)
Old 04-06-2012, 10:59 AM   #11288
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Quote:
I'm still laughing.

Quote:
I know! I feel like such a dork.
Well, in the Cantina

feeling like a dork = feeling at home

There is nothing wrong with that.

Besides, being a dork is fun.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #11289
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

I think I'm starting work on the new WIP tomorrow. I need to be doing something during this query process. And, honestly, pretty excited to jump back in the story. Mostly because things are going to get bad for my heroine pretty damn quickly in book 2. Heh.

Evil author is happy author.

Old 04-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #11290
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm wondering why I haven't heard from the landlady. The new one. Why do I have to call them all the time? I just called to check on my application Wednesday and that's when I heard I had gotten the apartment. The gal in the office said the landlady would call me today - she didn't....

Quote:
I like green tea very much. But personally, I don't like the green tea flavored foods. My wife however, loves the green tea Kit Kats. I have finally gotten her to buy 2 bags, one normal bag for me. Then being the typical wife, she scars her chocolate then eats half of mine.
there are green tea kit kats??? Why?

Quote:
Alright, as promised, here is the dire ad so you know I wasn't exaggerating. I glanced at the poor boy today when I went to get my trailer. His paddock is full of poo in areas but he looked okay until he got excited. Then he looked a little rough.

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/grd/2924759933.html
just sad... poor hoarsie. I'll give the fool this much - he/she/it is being upfront. A lot of people hide this sort of thing with drugs and send you off down the road with a horse with a hidden condition. Clearly he needs to be gelded. Clearly this person has questionable horse sense. But I do applaud that they are telling people they are getting a free, sick horse and will take him back when he proves to be more trouble than a reasonably priced, healthy animal. I can't believe I typed all that.

The stupid. It burns.

Quote:

Speaking of work, the company's security guard robbed a local grocery store IN HIS SMALL HOME TOWN last night and got $300 or so and a visit from the police.

Yay for stupid people.
hmmm... I'm thinking his future in the security field has been compromised.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 04-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #11291
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I'm wondering why I haven't heard from the landlady. The new one. Why do I have to call them all the time? I just called to check on my application Wednesday and that's when I heard I had gotten the apartment. The gal in the office said the landlady would call me today - she didn't....

there are green tea kit kats??? Why?

The stupid. It burns.
The landlady doesn't call because she is cheap and wants you to pay for the call?

They don't have all sorts of different flavored Kit Kats where you live?

The stupid burning thing? Yeah, you gotta watch that, it's like napalm. It's really, really hard to get it off. That's why, at random intervals, you must scream out, "don't touch me!" Then maybe you won't get any on you.

I tried it, and no one gets close enough to touch me anymore. Especially on the bus or train.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:12 PM   #11292
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
no - just the one kitkat... there might have been some peanut butter ones, once...

Twitter
Old 04-06-2012, 12:17 PM   #11293
Debio
Joining the insect army.

They frequently put out different flavors, the green tea one is pretty constant, they also have white chocolate frequently, strawberry, and one or two others that are mostly seasonal and I can't remember because I tried them once and said ick

I'll try to remember that Kit Kat varieties may be a Japan only thing next time I see a new flavor. Then I'll mention it.

Now for ice cream they have some weird flavors.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #11294
bettielee

I have seen the white chocolate, but they didn't last very long....

Twitter
Old 04-06-2012, 12:42 PM   #11295
eyeblink
I blink

eyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Bacon-and-egg ice cream? One of the inventions of Heston Blumenthal, a TV chef here and owner of The Fat Duck, one of the UK's three three-Michelin-star restaurants and heavily into experimental cookery.

Other items on the tasting menu (yours for 180, and usually booked up two months in advance) include snail porridge and an edible beach scene.

I've never been there but would love to. Maybe one day...

Good morning Cantina and happy Easter.

I'm off to Eastercon later this morning, commuting there and back all four days, so I won't be in AW much if at all until Monday evening.

Works in progress:

Partings and Greetings (contemporary 14+ YA novel) - 75,254 words complete draft. Agent-hunting.

Conor and Me (working title, 14+ YA) 28,814 words and counting

"Mourning Becomes Me" (novella) 35,088 words complete draft
Old 04-06-2012, 12:52 PM   #11296
Shoeless

Quote:
My wife is a giant fan of corn ice cream.

I... cannot get my brain around it.
Old 04-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #11297
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bettie, you are right on both fronts.

Morning folks. I dont wanna get up but today should be very quiet at work.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-06-2012, 02:07 PM   #11298
eyeblink
I blink

eyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Double post for some reason. I'm doing some writing before I leave for the train in half an hour.

Happy writing everyone.

Works in progress:

Partings and Greetings (contemporary 14+ YA novel) - 75,254 words complete draft. Agent-hunting.

Conor and Me (working title, 14+ YA) 28,814 words and counting

"Mourning Becomes Me" (novella) 35,088 words complete draft
Old 04-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #11299
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
If I get one more "woe is me" thrown at me today, I'm going to give them something to woe about.

That sounded way fiercer in my head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
It sounded way fierce in mine, too
And mine

Quote:
In other news: several food allergies. I has them

At this point, life is just getting hilarious.
Aw

Quote:

Yay for stupid people.

Quote:
(I think I was viewing it through the -goggles.)

Quote:
Feel free to start on your own and then we can join in later.

Quote:
Evil author is happy author.
My new motto.

Quote:
I'll try to remember that Kit Kat varieties may be a Japan only thing next time I see a new flavor. Then I'll mention it.

I sometimes see one of these new flavoured kit-kats and I think, oo, interesting, orange and paraffin flavour, but it never makes me want to actually buy it. It's lost on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeblink View Post
I'm off to Eastercon later this morning, commuting there and back all four days, so I won't be in AW much if at all until Monday evening.
Have fun Eye, tell us all about it when you get back.

Quote:
Morning folks. I dont wanna get up but today should be very quiet at work.
Wishing you calm karma, and no idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeblink View Post
Happy writing everyone.
You people are a good influence. I turned on the WP and started writing before I did almost anything else this morning. I even wrote over 1,000 words yesterday.

Morning cantinas

I have nothing witty to add at the moment. So time for this

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-06-2012, 02:57 PM   #11300
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good Morning Friends

I am up at this ungodly hour (3am) because my upstairs neighbors decided to have a brawl. They're still yelling at each other and all I can make out is a lot of F bombs. It woke Mr. Kricket up as well and we debated calling the police, but it does seem to be settling down. My biggest concern is that there is a little one living up there, I think about 2 yr old.

I'm thinking that if I hear it escalate again, I'll call the cops. This is ridiculous.

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Closed Thread