Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:08 AM   #10926
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
So, I'm kinda hoping ThinkGeek actually makes the Admiral Ackbar singing wall fish.
Wouldn't that be a singing wall squid?

And what will it sing??

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 04-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #10927
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's a TRAP!

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #10928
Andelana
Secret Stick-Figure Superhero

Andelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
I can see no one watched the video I posted yesterday.
I watched it! I just hadn't realised they actually did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraP View Post
Bos, you are seriously creepy.
Bos has teh awesomes! Although, yeah, sometimes a little creepy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
Hey, did you see that a long lost medieval manuscript of a cookbook has been found at the British library?
I am totally and completely convinced that is real. Especially after reading the author's name. *blinks innocently*

Also, avatar thief is scawy, so I haven't posted anything. Hopefully, Superman will keep him/her at bay....
Old 04-02-2012, 08:55 AM   #10929
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
April Fool's Day is over, and I was feeling very bad-girl-like. So I switched to my bimbo avatar.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 AM   #10930
kenthepen
practical experience, FTW

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm a big fan of bimbo avatars.

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 04-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #10931
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Yeah, this writer is now blocked.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #10932
eyeblink
I blink

eyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Barbara's back! A little shaken from the experience but none the worse for wear. That might have been a tad too much excitement when you're 104 years old.

She'd like to say that her abductors were very courteous and treated her like the lady she is. But now she'll dust her skirt off, renew her lipstick and face the new day.

And good morning Cantina.

Works in progress:

Partings and Greetings (contemporary 14+ YA novel) - 75,254 words complete draft.

Conor and Me (working title, 14+ YA) 23,082 words and counting

Short fiction:

"The Girl on the Station Platform" - final version, 2333 words complete.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #10933
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeblink View Post
Barbara's back! A little shaken from the experience but none the worse for wear. That might have been a tad too much excitement when you're 104 years old.

She'd like to say that her abductors were very courteous and treated her like the lady she is. But now she'll dust her skirt off, renew her lipstick and face the new day.

And good morning Cantina.
Thank the lord. They don't make women like that anymore. It's a pity.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:32 AM   #10934
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning cantinas

Are we normal yet?

What am I saying?

ETA Nope, apparently the darn thief still has my pixels. Maybe I should go get an avie...

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #10935
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Morning cantinas

Are we normal yet?

What am I saying?

ETA Nope, apparently the darn thief still has my pixels. Maybe I should go get an avie...
Whenever anyone in the Cantina uses the word "normal" in relation to other Cantinaites, I always add "for us" it makes so much more sense that way.

Good morning. I think they are about to kick me out of the teachers room. They want everyone to go home early. I don't think I'll complain.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #10936
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Good morning. I think they are about to kick me out of the teachers room. They want everyone to go home early. I don't think I'll complain.
No, no, don't complain, but why do they want you to go home early? I thought the thing was to try and stay forever and look like you're working super hard.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #10937
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So who dunnit?

And I have my lesson today so I won't be able to get on my full computer til Tuesday. Maybe I can grab something off my camera roll...

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 04-02-2012, 12:14 PM   #10938
aliwood

According to the blurb on the bulletin board it was Susie and we are now slowly returning to normal (for us)

I am debating about whether to get an avie or not to replace the space where my pixels go.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 04-02-2012, 12:17 PM   #10939
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
No, no, don't complain, but why do they want you to go home early? I thought the thing was to try and stay forever and look like you're working super hard.
It is technically spring break, no classes, and they are trying to get the workaholic Japanese folk to go home. I'm just waiting for someone to leave. I don't want to be first all the time.

And the "working super hard" is usually reduced to "working" and only in a limited sense. If you are at your desk and the computer is turned on, they tend to be happy. Took me a long time to figure that out.

These guys working 70 hours a week. They were reading email and browsing the web.

Head teacher just said, "come on guys, go home already."

I'm gone, see you later.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #10940
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn it, why does television always depict cerebral palsy to be the same as mentally disabled?

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 04-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #10941
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Damn it, why does television always depict cerebral palsy to be the same as mentally disabled?
I don't know but it's stupid

Morning folks. Three-day week this week as we break up for Easter hols on Wednesday. Woop woop!

Wut up folks?

Also, do we have to change our avatars back ourselves? *grumbles*

Twitter|Blog

I drew a map of the Cantina once. Then I took an arrow to the knee.

WIPS:

SF Novella: 36,000 words, query in QLH
Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #10942
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Because people are idiots. My father suffered two severe cerebral hemorrhages when I was a child which left a large part of his body paralyzed. People treated him like he was mentally disabled all the time, never talking to him when one of us was present and asking us, for example, if my father wanted a cookie.

Blog

New Blog Post: How to Avoid Writing Bad Erotica

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: revising

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM   #10943
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post
Also, do we have to change our avatars back ourselves? *grumbles*
Apparently, no we do not!

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 04-02-2012, 01:45 PM   #10944
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Psychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPsychomacologist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Apparently, no we do not!
Oh. Cos I just changed mine. Should I have left it? *SUPER-CONFUSED FACE*

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM   #10945
10trackers
Pollyanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomacologist View Post
Oh. Cos I just changed mine. Should I have left it? *SUPER-CONFUSED FACE*
I dunno. I just know mine was back to normal when I posted

Sup, Poo?

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 04-02-2012, 02:11 PM   #10946
Psychomacologist
The Sarcasm Fairy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
I dunno. I just know mine was back to normal when I posted

Sup, Poo?
I should've been more patient, it seems.

I'm okay. At work. Hungry. Tired. About ready for the holidays.

So, you know, the usual sup?

Twitter|Blog

WIPS:

Fantasy (researching)
Old 04-02-2012, 02:25 PM   #10947
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
I was going to make some abnoxious comment about people being stupid or assholes. But it is more basic than that.

It is people being ignorant and not doing their homework, this is combined with, if it sounds good, it's good enough.

People do that crap in the weirdest situations. My wife speaks English. A little slow, since we speak Japanese most of the time, but she understands wonderfully. I don't have to be careful at all. And yet, and yet, my mother, god bless her, talks to my wife like my wife is three.

She treats my wife like she is mentally disabled. Then she wonders why my wife doesn't want to go visit. I love my mom. I call almost once a week. But, even knowing she doesn't mean to be mean, I get annoyed and don't try to put the effort into getting my wife to go for a visit.

I can only imagine how much worse it is for people who have their physical disabilities mistaken like that.

Here is my own personal
Old 04-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #10948
Kricket
Still believes she's a writer

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good Morning Friends!

Didn't wake up until 5:30 instead of my usual 4 this morning. But I did go to bed late and took awhile to fall asleep, so I guess it's all the same.

....Aaaaaand, I have nothing to talk about that isn't baby related. There is literally nothing else on my mind. A little annoying but whatever.

So how's your Monday treating you?
Flash: "I See Spot" Resting
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 6,000/50,000 words

Blog
Movie Review: Maleficent

Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #10949
Kricket
Still believes she's a writer

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
And to help y'all wake up and get started today, I offer you This!

My goal in life is to be Felicia Day.
Flash: "I See Spot" Resting
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 6,000/50,000 words

Blog
Movie Review: Maleficent

Old 04-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #10950
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
So did we ever catch the Avatar Thief?

And three cheers to the AW team for another successful (and enteratining) April Fool's adventure!

Morning gang. Whut up?

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Undead Chaos

Website, Chirps, Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Closed Thread