Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #10076
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
(Bursts into Cantina.)

Wooooo! Tiny baby octopus!

That's all I got.
That is enough. That is COOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Oh, hopefully I'll have the email by morning my time then

I mayyy see THGs this weekend but will prolly wait til next.

And I have serious Buffy withdraw and am ready to go through All The Seasons. Again. As of the day I finished the last epi. Soooo addicted.

In random news, why do shitty males think random bouts of snippy and rude jabs will get me to want to do business with them? Just because I dont turn on my heals doesnt mean I havent shitlisted you. And you wonder why sales are down.
Well, it's because they are shitty males. Shitty males should be shot*. Shitty females as well. But the males first.

*Someone please warn me if I start doing the shitty male thing. I dun wanna get shot.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:18 AM   #10077
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...(starting a sing-a-long here, but I can't think of any songs. feel free to start one up)
Old 03-24-2012, 08:30 AM   #10078
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

No?

Sorry, with that opening that was all I could come up with.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM   #10079
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't mean to blow anyone's mind or anything - but I found this site

http://beautiful-portals.tumblr.com/

if you are someone who likes visual stimuli - you're welcome.

I have found several ideas for future story number elebenty-hundred.

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 AM   #10080
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
who lives in a pineapple under the sea?
C+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post

Thank you! Though the arms one kind of scares the sh!t out of me. (I embedded the exclamation point for efficiency's sake)
Old 03-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #10081
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Thank you! Though the arms one kind of scares the sh!t out of me.
Yeah, creepy, but some wonderful images there. The abandoned dance hall on the second page brings definite ideas to mind.

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor

Last edited by zanzjan; 03-24-2012 at 09:38 AM. Reason: repeating myself repetititvely, with repeats
Old 03-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #10082
Nakhlasmoke
yes

Nakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNakhlasmoke is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
TINY BABY OCTOPUS

*ahem*

*squidgesnuggles*

House of Sand and Secrets

Mother, Crone, Maiden - a Tor short story set just before When the Sea is Rising Red.

blog and twitter

Old 03-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #10083
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

I was just watching a David Attenborough bug-umentary. Baby octopus is so much cuter than anything I saw.
Old 03-24-2012, 11:32 AM   #10084
Shoeless
practical experience, FTW

Shoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of lightShoeless is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
I was just watching a David Attenborough bug-umentary. Baby octopus is so much cuter than anything I saw.
It's going to be a sad day when he finally dies. Kind of difficult to imagine the nature documentary without him.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:04 PM   #10085
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...(starting a sing-a-long here, but I can't think of any songs. feel free to start one up)
There was a writer had a blog
Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 PM   #10086
eyeblink
New quinquagenarian

eyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
that warms my rotten little heart!

I think I repped someone that I actually drove by the theatre tonight... I so want to see Hunger Games... but there was way too much activity. I loathe crowds. I can usually go RIGHT after work on a weekday, and there is no one. I took a friend to see John Carter On Thursday and we were in a theatre with 4 other people. I know - you'll say, but it was John Carter. But when we went to see HP: Deathly Hollows 1 the week after it came out, we also had a theatre to ourselves with 4 people. I tell you.... if I didn't have to work today, I'd have gone to the midnight showings.

Oh, and John Carter wasn't bad. I rather enjoyed it. I was quite doubtful.
I almost never go to evening showings, certainly not after work. (I'm very much a morning person, so I'd be in danger of dozing off if I watched a movie after a day at work.) So I go to weekend matinees, or weekday matinees if I have a day off work, so there are fewer people around. And maybe the cinemagoers of Camberley, Woking or Guildford are well-behaved - the same goes for the London cinemas I tend to go to.

That said, a good example of an evening showing was Aliens, on its opening Monday evening at the Odeon Leicester Square - a full house in a cinema which seats 1980, in 70mm turned up loud. Quite an experience, when that many people jump all at the same time!

Works in progress:

Partings and Greetings (contemporary 14+ YA novel) - 75,254 words complete draft. Agent-hunting.

Conor and Me (working title, 14+ YA) 28,814 words and counting

"Mourning Becomes Me" (novella) 32,365 words. With betas.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #10087
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeblink View Post
I almost never go to evening showings, certainly not after work. (I'm very much a morning person, so I'd be in danger of dozing off if I watched a movie after a day at work.) So I go to weekend matinees, or weekday matinees if I have a day off work, so there are fewer people around. And maybe the cinemagoers of Camberley, Woking or Guildford are well-behaved - the same goes for the London cinemas I tend to go to.

That said, a good example of an evening showing was Aliens, on its opening Monday evening at the Odeon Leicester Square - a full house in a cinema which seats 1980, in 70mm turned up loud. Quite an experience, when that many people jump all at the same time!
First time I saw Alien, was on HBO. I am slightly embarrassed to say that the only reason I watched it was for Sigourney Weaver in her underwear.

I was like 13, gimme a break.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:09 PM   #10088
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Morning cantina

It's foggy in reality. I can hardly see the houses in the next street. Thinking it through, to be honest, that doesn't really bother me.

Today there will be fresh bread and apple pie. If you want some be sure to turn up early. You best bring some sort of decorating tool too, we seem to be doing a lot in this area at the moment.

Looking forward to working on my character bio later. I'm really getting into this now. I've got lots of areas of conflict, and I keep sitting there thinking, oo, I can do this to her too. I've decided that she's 15, but she's never going to be Tiffany Aching - I'm not that nice.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-24-2012, 01:38 PM   #10089
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Ok, someone please slap me. I have been reading a certain thread again. I have made myself annoyed. I should know better. It is not a P&CE thread. But it is in Round Table
Old 03-24-2012, 02:47 PM   #10090
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ali, you have the best noms.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #10091
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Ali, you have the best noms.
Yeah, I'm thinking maybe I'm jealous.
Old 03-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #10092
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Ok, someone please slap me.
Your request is my cooperation.

I could probably do the food mail order, but I couldn't guarantee it would get to you all.

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 03-24-2012, 04:09 PM   #10093
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good Morning Friends!

I've got a fun day planned of shopping (for baby stuff) and going to see THG with my sister. I rarely go to the movies because A) it's WAY too expensive and B) home is so much more comfortable. But we'll be going in the afternoon sometime so hopefully it won't be too bad.

Quote:
babies take too much of time to bake....
This is Truth.

Quote:
I don't mean to blow anyone's mind or anything - but I found this site

http://beautiful-portals.tumblr.com/

I have found several ideas for future story number elebenty-hundred.
Oooooooo... *wants to stare at pretty pictures all day*

Well, time for my predawn nap on the couch.

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 03-24-2012, 05:30 PM   #10094
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Your request is my cooperation.

I could probably do the food mail order, but I couldn't guarantee it would get to you all.
Thanks, I do appreciate it. I knew I could count on you guys.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:47 PM   #10095
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Re morning folks. I fell back asleep only to be waken by the Very Bright sun right after 8am. Remembering that I wanted to see what parts of my front yard were sunny at 8 this time of year, I dragged myself out of bed. By the time I brushed my teeth and such, it was horribly overcast. Grrr.

Gary- I has your email will reply later.

Re shitty salesmen- I've met three already in this town. I'm a bit annoyed but going to brave new dealers today.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #10096
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sure many of you follow this blog, and if you don't you should. But this latest entry made me laugh so I thought I'd share.

http://accrispin.blogspot.com/2012/0...r-bewares.html

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 03-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #10097
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Just realized this is page 404.

Anyone else expecting to get the "Not Found" error message?

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 03-24-2012, 07:16 PM   #10098
Andelana
Secret Stick-Figure Superhero

Andelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolnessAndelana leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post

Hm. Only 253 on my browser...
Old 03-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #10099
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Yeah, that totally tripped me up late last night, and I actually went so far as to reload the dratted page before I looked at it enough to figure it out.

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 03-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #10100
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Well, I *wasn't* until you suggested it.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Closed Thread