Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #8276
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
Life's too short for bad books, unless as a writer you think there may be some valuable object-lessons to be had from it.
This.

Hello gang, from the lazy word of the unemployed slackers. I'm in my PJs. I managed to make coffee.

Potential!NewJob has been checking my references.

No snow here, just an abundance of cats.

Happy St. David's day. Get your leek or daffodil on.

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:29 PM   #8277
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
cool beans, amergina!

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 03-01-2012, 10:35 PM   #8278
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
I had onions in my omelet.

Does that count?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 10:39 PM   #8279
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Looks mostly like a chance to sit with an agent and attend a conference for free.

But you know what, that's enough for me.

Ditto.

I'm better with face-to-face anyway, despite what the restraining orders say.

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 03-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #8280
Shadowflame
Gametrovert

Shadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudgeShadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudgeShadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudgeShadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudgeShadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudgeShadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudgeShadowflame is better than ice cream with hot fudge
well looks like there is a chance I'll be going to my first con this May. http://www.conquestkc.org/index.htm

either I'll be working a table, doing some panels, or most likely both.
But depends on the $ situation. *crosses fingers*

*knees start shaking*
and FB for Shadowflame Designs Beadowork
BLOG

Space Marine Gerbils

Rejection count 2014 - 39
Stories out 13
Acceptances: 2
Shortlisted: 5 (2R)(1A)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #8281
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowflame View Post
well looks like there is a chance I'll be going to my first con this May. http://www.conquestkc.org/index.htm

Cons are fun. Go to have a good time, and you will.

2014: Fly Away Home, Interzone #251, March; House Party Blues, Black Static #39, March; Shatterdown, Asimov's, June (podcast here!)
Old 03-01-2012, 10:47 PM   #8282
slcboston
Just What It Says on the Label

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
Ditto.

I'm better with face-to-face anyway, despite what the restraining orders say.
You get really good at judging where that 100 yards is after the first few, don't you?

Er, at least I imagine you would. I have no practical knowledge, of course.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 03-01-2012, 10:51 PM   #8283
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Cons are fun. Go to have a good time, and you will.
I read this as Yoda.

Go. Have a good time, you will.

Twitter
Old 03-01-2012, 11:37 PM   #8284
GreenEpic
...because you don't know yourself

GreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolnessGreenEpic leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post
I'm in need of some opinions guys. I'm not even half way through a book right now and I HATE it. If I had actually gotten a hard copy of this book I'd burn it.

But part of me wants to finish reading it because A) Train wrecks are always interesting to see and B) I was going to do a book review on it. Although, at this point, the review would be at least 5 pages long, and that's a little much for my blog.

So should I just push through to see how much worse it can get or should I just delete it off my Kindle and go purify my mind in some way?
I'm all about the small revenges in life. In college, I read one awful thing after another. So I say read on and feel my pain. It will make the world slightly more just. For me at least
Old 03-01-2012, 11:42 PM   #8285
bettielee

Sigh. I've been searching so much esoteric plumbing crap for work on the innernets that now most of my ads on AW are plumbing related.

Suck.

Twitter
Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #8286
Kricket
Chirp! Chirp!

Kricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKricket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Delete + brain bleach. Life is too damned short and there are too many GOOD books in the world, to waste your time on craptastic books that have no business in your world.
Quote:
Life's too short for bad books, unless as a writer you think there may be some valuable object-lessons to be had from it.

Snow day here.
Despite y'all's better judgment, I think I shall read on. I just have to see how horrible it is in the end. And yes, I'd really like to write a seriously mean review on it. I want to keep people from wasting their money and time on it. I'm willing to make that sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenEpic View Post
I'm all about the small revenges in life. In college, I read one awful thing after another. So I say read on and feel my pain. It will make the world slightly more just. For me at least
Thanks, Sis. Know that I am truly suffering right now.

WIPs
SF Novel: Moon Dragons First Draft COMPLTETED 90,832 words, Resting
Flash: "Joy Eats Fear" 799 words, Revising
Urban Fantasy Novel: White Crow 12,000 words

Old 03-01-2012, 11:48 PM   #8287
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Done!

Wait...am I allowed to wear anything in addition to the daffodils? Because it's cold here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
Sigh. I've been searching so much esoteric plumbing crap for work on the innernets that now most of my ads on AW are plumbing related.

Suck.
Uhhhh...the ads reflect our browsing history? *looks at ads. quickly looks away* Are you certain of that?
Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #8288
Tifferbugz
Doing Pirate things...

Tifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTifferbugz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have an ad for fixing commas and plot holes. HOW DO THEY KNOW?!?

Website & Blog
Twitter
My Books

Old 03-02-2012, 12:02 AM   #8289
bettielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
Done!

Wait...am I allowed to wear anything in addition to the daffodils? Because it's cold here.

Uhhhh...the ads reflect our browsing history? *looks at ads. quickly looks away* Are you certain of that?

I am absolutely certain - unless it's just coincidence they want to sell me a Crane toilet, an arrowhead bib faucet & a Haws flow control.

Twitter
Old 03-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #8290
Etola
Looking at Stars

Etola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudgeEtola is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
Send more!!! It's not nearly as bad as having bugs fall on your head. Just remind yourself while you hit send of that fact and you'll be fine.

I actually want to learn to crochet. Not sure exactly why, but there it is.
*files away the bug thing for future use*

I was taught the basic crochet stitch in college, but never went very far with it and eventually forgot it. However, still owning a crochet hook and some yarn, and desiring a way to keep my hands occupied in creative productivity when, say, watching TV, I decided to pick it up again.

No, it has nothing to do with a desire to crochet a My Little Pony-themed scarf...

Quote:
No snow here, just an abundance of cats.
Are they raining from the sky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowflame View Post

But depends on the $ situation. *crosses fingers*

*knees start shaking*
Oh, it'll be fun! Cons are excellent fun!

Is this your first con, period, or your first con where you will actually be running something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tifferbugz View Post
I have an ad for fixing commas and plot holes. HOW DO THEY KNOW?!?
Oh, was that supposed to be a secret?
And know the place for the first time.
-T.S. Eliot, "Little Gidding"

Salamander's Shadow
1st draft: 85,126/100k
Adventures of Mae Fortune On the Agent Hunt!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:06 AM   #8291
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello folks. Is it Friday yet?

I got seeds in the mail today

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-02-2012, 01:14 AM   #8292
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Hello folks. Is it Friday yet?

I got seeds in the mail today
FARK! I WISH! Totally thought last night was Thursday, so today was Friday. Except that was probably so late that it was Thursday, but that didn't change the fact that today is not Friday.

Ooh, what kind of seeds?
Old 03-02-2012, 01:40 AM   #8293
bettielee

Dear Bank,
I am in receipt of your correspondence. Despite your adept finagling of the English language, your letter has not changed my opinion on the matter. Please note the enclosed photo of a large white, pasty exterior upon which to place your greedy corporate lips.
Signed,
Bettielee
The Fairy

Twitter
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 AM   #8294
CAMueller
Part-time ninja

CAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudgeCAMueller is better than ice cream with hot fudge
My day has just been made. Got back latest revisions from CP on the problem chapters, and her response: "Loved it." Flow and character connection issues fixed.

Excuse me while I

Author Site | Review Blog | Facebook | @ChelseaVBC

Latest Write Like a Fighter Post: 5 Reasons We Punch People in the Face (and Alternatives for More Interesting and Accurate Fight Scenes)
Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 AM   #8295
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post

Ooh, what kind of seeds?
Mars Celeriac x2, provider snap bush beans, golden scallopini squash- a summer squash that keeps like winter squash, and Hurakan Zuccs.

Not a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
Dear Bank,
I am in receipt of your correspondence. Despite your adept finagling of the English language, your letter has not changed my opinion on the matter. Please note the enclosed photo of a large white, pasty exterior upon which to place your greedy corporate lips.
Signed,
Bettielee
The Fairy
Next time send moar sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
My day has just been made. Got back latest revisions from CP on the problem chapters, and her response: "Loved it." Flow and character connection issues fixed.

Excuse me while I
Nice.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 03-02-2012, 03:58 AM   #8296
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etola View Post
So, you're rejecting Green's reality and substituting your own?
Of course. My reality is the only important one right? I mean, I am the center of the universe and all.

It is kinda small though. It might get crowded if I let too many people in.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #8297
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Whoever posted the link to the insane Australian blogger guy who writes people obnoxious emails......

I will hate you forever. My hate burns so deeply that it will live for eternity, beyond the heat death of the universe....

You and you alone are responsible for the destruction caused as my hate becomes the new dark god of a new universe.

I did not need another site to be addicted to...

That is all.

ETA: Sounds like but is closer to

Last edited by Debio; 03-02-2012 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Need to avoid misinterpreting this as serious :p
Old 03-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #8298
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Whoever posted the link to the insane Australian blogger guy who writes people obnoxious emails......

I will hate you forever. My hate burns so deeply that it will live for eternity, beyond the heat death of the universe....

You and you alone are responsible for the destruction caused as my hate becomes the new dark god of a new universe.

I did not need another site to be addicted to...

That is all.
something vexes thee?

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 03-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #8299
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
something vexes thee?
Yes! The cute math teacher who sits across from me is now looking at me funny because I keep snickering. It's embarrassing.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:33 AM   #8300
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Smile

Hi all. Hey I'm beginning to get a little nervous about Kricket's review of my book..........................

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Closed Thread