Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #6551
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debio View Post
Okay folks, I need some input.

It's now Valentines Day in Japan. It is the custom here for girls to give chocolates to boys on Valentines day, and for boys to return the favor on March 13th. (I'm sure the chocolate companies invented this.)

It is now 11am and I still haven't received any chocolates from students this year.

Am I supposed to feel relieved or disappointed?
Are you a boy Debio or a girl? And are these students half your age?

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-14-2012, 05:28 AM   #6552
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't want a pony. We have three dogs, two cats, a wabbit, a large gecko, and fisheses.

Can I beez a minions?

Severe allergic reaction to the slightest traces of reality

Kenneth Folta available on Smashwords
Old 02-14-2012, 05:36 AM   #6553
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Are you a boy Debio or a girl? And are these students half your age?

I'm a boy debio. And um, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 my age depending on the grade.

I just wants the chocolates. Chocolate is gooood.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:51 AM   #6554
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
I don't want a pony. We have three dogs, two cats, a wabbit, a large gecko, and fisheses.

Can I beez a minions?

Have you gotten enough Evul Points to join the Minion Union? Never mind, we waive the requirement for you, and all other Cantinaites. Good minions with kraken experience are hard to come by.

and I don't want a pony, either. We got four horses on the property already. Besides, ponies bite.

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 02-14-2012, 05:55 AM   #6555
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Debio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for PresidentDebio should run for President
I'll volunteer for minionhood. I've always wanted to be one. Do I have to wear a red shirt? I really really don't look good in red. Black is good.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 AM   #6556
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'll volunteer for minionhood. I've always wanted to be one. Do I have to wear a red shirt? I really really don't look good in red. Black is good.
No red shirts. We need Minions, not Cannon Fodder; that's what the Horror Hounds are for.

Dress comfortably. Go for menacing if you think it'll help. Tattoos are okay, no exotic piercings, they're an ouchie if you get hit there. Try to avoid the Stormtrooper look, and no changing into a snake. It never helps.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:04 AM   #6557
zanzjan
has the hiccups
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I'm a boy debio. And um, somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 my age depending on the grade.

I just wants the chocolates. Chocolate is gooood.
I'd be perfectly satisfied with no chocolates as long as there also isn't any kancho. Everything's a trade off, right?

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 02-14-2012, 06:09 AM   #6558
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd love a few good minions. Not enough to catch the attention of a superhero or anything, just a few to run errands for me while I plot.

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 AM   #6559
kenthepen

kenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskenthepen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cool

I is stealth minion dizguised as mild-mannered middle-aged geek.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:11 AM   #6560
kenthepen

Angry

And I only Minionzez fer womenzez!

Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #6561
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanzjan View Post
I'd be perfectly satisfied with no chocolates as long as there also isn't any kancho. Everything's a trade off, right?
Don't even get me started on the kancho, you wanna good way to see broken and bloody Japanese teens? Get them to try the kancho on Debio-sensei.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #6562
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
I'd love a few good minions. Not enough to catch the attention of a superhero or anything, just a few to run errands for me while I plot.
Let me guess: Hooters Girls uniforms encouraged, but not required?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:18 AM   #6563
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
Don't even get me started on the kancho, you wanna good way to see broken and bloody Japanese teens? Get them to try the kancho on Debio-sensei.
What's a kancho?

Old 02-14-2012, 06:20 AM   #6564
Debio
Joining the insect army.

This...

http://www.kancho.jp/videos.html

is kancho.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:22 AM   #6565
kenthepen

Wow. Just looked up Kancho. Bizarro. Pass the chocolates, please.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 AM   #6566
CobraMisfit

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
Let me guess: Hooters Girls uniforms encouraged, but not required?
Absolutely not! One cannot conquer the masses with a wedgie and barely-contained boobs.

That outfit is reserved for the Evil Queen.

Unless she's not feeling sexy that day. Then it's sweats and a baseball cap.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:31 AM   #6567
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
That is so wrong on so many levels.

Around here, that's the way to get your teeth knocked out and handed back to you.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #6568
kenthepen

Unhappy

Yeah, after reading what it was, I certainly didn't want to see a video.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:43 AM   #6569
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Old 02-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #6570
Debio
Joining the insect army.

Quote:
That is so wrong on so many levels.

Around here, that's the way to get your teeth knocked out and handed back to you.

Now you know why I mentioned broken and bloody teenagers.

BTW, I got chocolate! It was from the lunch lady, but who cares, it's chocolate!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 AM   #6571
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
No red shirts. We need Minions, not Cannon Fodder; that's what the Horror Hounds are for.
I saw this.

I'll have you know 10 became a Hound, too, the other day. Can't invade us now without taking out some of your own.

And before you claim 10 is a spy or some such deviousness, remember, she's innocent.

Her sig says so.

FleasTwits
Old 02-14-2012, 06:47 AM   #6572
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Mock away Sheepie.

Oh, a certified evil shitland. The little devils are cute but such punks!
Like I said.

Ponies bite.

FleasTwits
Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 AM   #6573
CobraMisfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post

Daw-ah-ha-ha!

Old 02-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #6574
kenthepen

Talking

Cats only look like they're plotting. Behind that inscrutable gaze is........ nothing!

Old 02-14-2012, 07:06 AM   #6575
slcboston
Sheepless Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthepen View Post
Cats only look like they're plotting. Behind that inscrutable gaze is........ nothing!

or, if you prefer

FleasTwits
Closed Thread