Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 02:08 AM   #6001
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenika View Post
Gah?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
What gives with the Gah?
It just describes my work afternoon.

And now a text from my husband.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 02-10-2012, 02:14 AM   #6002
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm glad no one in my life texts me..... cuz if a text pissed me off I'd hate to think how I'd react...

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

To edit:
The Vampire Baron - gothic romance - needs editing
Nocturnelle - gothic romance - first draft
The Last Hunter - fantasy - soaking
Endways of the Gods - fantasy mish/mash - might be garbage

To Betas
Dreadlight - Urban Fantasy

Writing Blog: New Years and SHERLOCK LIVES!

Books with Bettielee Blog: taking a break from the bookblog....

Twitter

Old 02-10-2012, 02:20 AM   #6003
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwriter View Post
It just describes my work afternoon.
Et tu?

I'm gonna leave a few of these around. Everyone take a few. Keep em handy. Throw them at your boss. Let the swordsbanana stab them. Whatever.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #6004
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, that guys not the droid im looking for.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #6005
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
speaking of texts, I got a cell phone today. I was forced to, I swear! I hate the damned thing already, I don't want it, i resent having to carry it.

Damn it all!

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 7/21/14: Errand Part 2

Old 02-10-2012, 02:24 AM   #6006
Fenika

Better I mean

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:26 AM   #6007
Fenika

Quote:
Originally Posted by jallenecs View Post
speaking of texts, I got a cell phone today. I was forced to, I swear! I hate the damned thing already, I don't want it, i resent having to carry it.

Damn it all!
There's an app for that. No, not really.

Need an Emoticon? Here-

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 02:35 AM   #6008
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That are a kewl little guy!

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #6009
tjwriter
Dancing in the Dark

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
He's awesome!!!

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 02-10-2012, 02:38 AM   #6010
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote of the day.....

"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine."

--Ludwig van Beethoven

Old 02-10-2012, 03:28 AM   #6011
Fenika

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 03:32 AM   #6012
bettielee

impatient obnoxious boss and flighty, impatient co-worker are having their weekly wrangle....

I wish we worked in a multi story building so I could jump out a window....

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 02-10-2012, 03:34 AM   #6013
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
impatient obnoxious boss and flighty, impatient co-worker are having their weekly wrangle....

I wish we worked in a multi story building so I could jump out a window....

No no no. You're looking at this all wrong. You don't jump out a window. You THROW THEM out the window. You solve the problem, with no wear and tear on your own fabulosity.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #6014
bettielee

by jove... I think you've got it!

To edit:

To Betas

Twitter

Old 02-10-2012, 04:20 AM   #6015
Fenika

Pput those gah emoticons where the walk so they can slip on them and fall. It will be their own fault for being oblivious to frustration.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:23 AM   #6016
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
Pput those gah emoticons where the walk so they can slip on them and fall out the window. It will be their own fault for being oblivious to frustration.
There, fixed it for you!

But Fen has a point. Plausible deniability.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:26 AM   #6017
_Sian_
Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D

_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillaryjacques View Post
That sounds...miserable, Sian. I can't think of anything other than that word. But you're all done now?
yessum. Just have to move once more, but I'll have a car for that, which makes things easier. And I only have to be gone by six in the morning. Much better. And I'll have someone to help with the four hour drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
Yikes. Three hours? How far from civilization are you, Sian?
3.5 hours from the nearest major city. There's a biggish border town nearby, but they don't have an airport. It's not too bad, I'm used to the travel. Just not at 1 in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kricket View Post

I've read all four. Read the first one a long time ago and then on the insistence of some friends I read the last three. I had to push myself through the last one, but it was like watching a train wreck, fascinating and disturbing at the same time. And I refuse to see any of the movies.

I'm going to go take some drugs now.
I hope you get better soon. There's nothing worse than feeling sick. And I hate twilight. Read the first book at 15, and couldn't stand it. I mean, come on. Stalking does not in anyway equal soul mates. Neither does any of the other creepy stuff in that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMueller View Post
I turned into the Info Dump Killah last night. Pacing is so much better now. It only required a machete...

Starting to feel like I'm the only one who hasn't seen Shame yet. *looks up movie times*
Good luck with the editing. And what is shame about? I haven't been near a movie theatre in a while, thus no preview watching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Had a meeting. Think I made a dude cry. I mean, he kept repeating, "That's a good question, a very good question." and became glassy-eyed and wandered right off afterwards. Poor dude.
Politicking are you? Well, if so, in all honesty he probably should have been prepared. Don't feel too bad about it. I'm sure you were polite about it.

Quote:
No no no. You're looking at this all wrong. You don't jump out a window. You THROW THEM out the window. You solve the problem, with no wear and tear on your own fabulosity.

I like your outlook. Sounds like a good way to go.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:33 AM   #6018
Fenika

Quote:
There, fixed it for you!

But Fen has a point. Plausible deniability.
You know, we should go into the evil overlord business together.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 04:35 AM   #6019
zanzjan
get up and dance or die
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
impatient obnoxious boss and flighty, impatient co-worker are having their weekly wrangle.... I wish we worked in a multi story building so I could jump out a window....
Quote:
No no no. You're looking at this all wrong. You don't jump out a window. You THROW THEM out the window.
Junely has a point. After all, you did say coworker was flighty, but have you tested that?

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
Old 02-10-2012, 04:41 AM   #6020
_Sian_
Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D

_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments_Sian_ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Do you guys ever find yourself writing a chapter at least three times before you get it right? It seems to be emerging as a pattern.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:44 AM   #6021
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

Quote:
You know, we should go into the evil overlord business together.
"Fen and Junely's Wholesale Slaughter and Conquest Services, LTD.

Fascist dictatorships our specialty!"

I like it!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #6022
Fenika

Quote:
"Fen and Junely's Wholesale Slaughter and Conquest Services, LTD.

Fascist dictatorships our specialty!"

I like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianshan View Post
Do you guys ever find yourself writing a chapter at least three times before you get it right? It seems to be emerging as a pattern.
Only three???

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 02-10-2012, 05:13 AM   #6023
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by sianshan View Post
Yes.

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 02-10-2012, 05:29 AM   #6024
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh! With any luck, Project Save The Orchids will be coming to a close to tomorrow morning. The cord for the heater is in and they'll be here between 8:30 and noon to install.

Of course, since I have to be presentable by 8:30, they'll come at 11:45...

Coming August 19th: Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 02-10-2012, 06:46 AM   #6025
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
There's an app for that. No, not really.

Need an Emoticon? Here-
You getting a kickback every time someone uses that one?

Because you're pimping it awfully hard.

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
Closed Thread