Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 10:32 AM   #376
zanzjan
99k and still going
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasing the Horizon View Post
Hmmm, I'd always wondered what went on in here, but that old thread was just too big to try to read, lol.

The tentacles peeking out from under the bar are a nice touch. Anyone mind if I sit in the corner and feed the smibbles espresso?
Welcome. It's usually much noisier in here (-:

2014: Fly Away Home, Interzone #251, March; House Party Blues, Black Static #39, March; Shatterdown, Asimov's, June (podcast here!)
Old 12-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #377
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Hmmm, I'd always wondered what went on in here, but that old thread was just too big to try to read, lol.

The tentacles peeking out from under the bar are a nice touch. Anyone mind if I sit in the corner and feed the smibbles espresso?

Espresso isn't a problem. Please refrain from mixing it with gunpowder. It's hell on the litter box.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #378
Fenika
practical experience, FTW

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome back, Bettie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sianshan View Post
Very pretty pictures Fen. All I can say is you're camera must be good - last time I tried to take a picture of a bird all I got was a blurry mess
I have a nice digital SLR. I'm trying to get my pictures sharper, and the lighting is only partly to blame.

I also set up a birdcam and caught a blurred white throated sparrow on the big feeder, very exciting I must get that set up right.

Anyone catch the male bluebird 'hiding' in one pic?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergina View Post
*looks at your location*

Why yes, you are! Call me Ms. Observant.

Love the variety we have around here. I heard a great horned owl the other night. I think it was hanging out in my oak tree, since it was loud enough that it woke my brother up...
Omg, I have so many owls. Sometimes they start singing well before dark. I am trying to think if I heard them lately as they might have migrated. I wish they ate squirrel.

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Old 12-27-2011, 01:57 PM   #379
Alessandra Kelley
Sophipygian
AW Moderator

Alessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAlessandra Kelley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Welcome! What goes on here is pretty variable. Hope you enjoy your stay. For the love of all that's holy, keep out of the third attic.

Alessandra Kelley, Fine Art, Illustration, and Egg Tempera Instruction
"Confessions of a Postmodern Pre-Raphaelite" -- my blog
Old 12-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #380
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandra Kelley View Post
Welcome! What goes on here is pretty variable. Hope you enjoy your stay. For the love of all that's holy, keep out of the third attic.
*looks at number on the wall*

Somebody come save me

Blog

New Blog Post: Interview with Regan Summers
Older Blog Post: Inside the WIP Machine

Short sexy stories: A Spank in Time, published by Blushing Books

Projects:
The Saga of EvilPants: querying
TRUE COLORS: 90/100K

Cobra Ultraviolent Badge Of Honor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraMisfit View Post
To the characters in your stories, you're a big death-ray of sunshine.
Quote:

10s
Old 12-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #381
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

Watch out for snow. Hello and welcome to a very friendly set of beings. Tea?

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 12-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #382
bettielee
Just a regular Fairy Princess

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am up late and being very irresponsible on Amazon. So shoot me.

Also, eating pasta!!

Currently NaNoing: The Heroine from Hampshire - gothic romance maybe... kinda

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #383
10trackers
Pollyanna

10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments10trackers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettielee View Post
I am up late and being very irresponsible on Amazon. So shoot me.

Also, eating pasta!!

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 12-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #384
bettielee

bettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbettielee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ohhhkay... I didn't mean that literally....

*guards pasta, in case 10 thought she would wrest it from under dead body*

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #385
10trackers
Pollyanna

Quote:
ohhhkay... I didn't mean that literally....

*guards pasta, in case 10 thought she would wrest it from under dead body*
Y u no share, Bettie?

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 12-27-2011, 03:57 PM   #386
bettielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Y u no share, Bettie?

you make me see my wicked, selfish ways.... you can haz pasta!!

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #387
10trackers
Pollyanna

Quote:

you make me see my wicked, selfish ways.... you can haz pasta!!

Yay, Bettie!

*eats pasta with Bettie*

*shares dessert with Bettie*

Blog

Projects:

Quote:
Quote:

10s
Old 12-27-2011, 05:04 PM   #388
CobraMisfit
That kid is BACK on the escalator!

CobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCobraMisfit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Cantina, CtH. The name may change often, usually at the whim of a mod, but it'll always be our Cantina. It's a nuthouse loving and supportive community.

ION: 13 hour drive in 3...2...1...go! But hey, at least it's raining the entire way. Emoticon: sad face.

Morning gang. Whut up?

"On a scale of one to pyramid, it's definitely pyramid." - TotalBiscuit

Books | Website | Chirps | Goodreads

CM's Motivational Alert Code Color Chart

Old 12-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #389
bettielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10trackers View Post
Yay, Bettie!

*eats pasta with Bettie*

*shares dessert with Bettie*

whoo hooo! death by gooey chocolate!

and how is my morning? Well, besides being too frickin' early for some reason I am up at this ungodly hour - I JUST FOUND A BUNCH OF WINTER CLOTHES! I have been so cold this year - I started digging apart my closet just in case I had a blanket I didn't know about. No blanket - but found 4 big sweatshirts, some sweat pants and some SWEATER SOCKS! yay sweater socks!!!!

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 05:44 PM   #390
aliwood

aliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaliwood is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am happy to share my olives, nuts and raisins with anyone who wants em. Not sure I'll share my beer though, I'm almost at the bottom of the glass, you might want to wait until I've refilled. I have fruit too. Anyone for fruit?

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #391
aliwood

Quote:
yay sweater socks!!!!
Double yay!

My Art Shop

My Art Blog
Old 12-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #392
bettielee

sorry, I'm busy nommin' on lava cake!

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 05:47 PM   #393
bettielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
Double yay!

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 06:25 PM   #394
Kweei
Expert Procrastinator

Kweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputation
I missed all the food? Noooooo.

What's the obsession with pasta?

*brings family's special pumpkin pie*

PIE, people. PIE.

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #395
Kweei
Expert Procrastinator

Kweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputationKweei has a golden reputation
Quote:

Welcome!

Stay and catch the crazy fun!

Song of the Swallow

Me: Livejournal Twitter Blog Facebook Google+

Some people get plot bunnies. I get zombie plot goats that are unkillable. Tru Fax.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:39 PM   #396
bettielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.L. Townsend View Post
I missed all the food? Noooooo.

What's the obsession with pasta?

*brings family's special pumpkin pie*

PIE, people. PIE.
pie is the best... but I gotta have whipped cream with!

Twitter
Old 12-27-2011, 06:57 PM   #397
amergina
Just don't fall for the boss...
AW Moderator

amergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsamergina is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*waits for the coffee to finish brewing*

Morning folks! It's a soggy day here, which will turn into a slick, then snowy night.

The SFF Sekrit Santa guessing thread is up in SYW! Woo!

OUT NOW! Take0ver (M/M contemporary romance) from Berkley InterMix

I have a Website! My Pen Name has a Website! I also Tweet!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:07 PM   #398
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Good morning. I have returned to corporate work place.

I am exhausted. Three days of holiday-ing is more than enough, thank you. The spousal unit still owes me a present, but he ran out of dollars and I am hard as hell to shop for.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Old 12-27-2011, 08:01 PM   #399
jallenecs
Searching for Wonderland

jallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjallenecs is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm here. I'm in pain. Shoot me, please.

nobody will shoot me? then give me hot chocolate?

Fortuna - my Space Pirates! audio drama

This is my pen name on Facebook. And this is my pen name on Twitter.

Blog Post for 10/27/14: Fortuna Cat Like Tread Part Five
Old 12-27-2011, 08:04 PM   #400
tjwriter
Under the moonlight

tjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentstjwriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Only if you shoot me back. I am hurting too and sitting in this stupid office chair all day sucks. Or this chair sucks for me. One of these things.

As the Cantina Turns

WIPs:
Dark Horse
The Misadventure of Abigail Quinn
Abigail Quinn #2
Closed Thread