Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2011, 10:18 PM   #201
Gravity
Seen 'em come, seen 'em go

Location: Once you've heard the truth, everything else is just cheap whiskey.
Gravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGravity is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Y'know, call me silly--and I realize it's a real stretch--but Bouncin' Bobby's kind of a dumb shit, isn't he?

commercially published: Abyss, Until the Last Dog Dies, When Skylarks Fall, To Skin a Cat, and Last Call

agent Chip MacGregor presently querying: Pitfall

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com

http://www.johnrobinsonbooks.com/blog.htm
check out my blog; c'mon, you know you want to.
Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 10:54 PM   #202
TheOneTrueBen
Making it up as I go along...

TheOneTrueBen is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
That is perfect; love the motto.

If anyone needs a smaller version to go in an AW sig, let me know.
Need one, unfortunately not. Want to qualify for one...very badly!
Old 11-19-2011, 10:56 PM   #203
TheOneTrueBen
Making it up as I go along...

TheOneTrueBen is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald View Post
Meanwhile, over at The Wizard's Rede, some very pertinent questions.
Thanks for the link post, James!

(This is being my blog! I haz a proud! )
Old 11-20-2011, 02:15 AM   #204
BenPanced
Stairway to Pittsboigh

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriastrauss View Post
Here we go!

I'm probably going to snag that and put it in my sig so I can pretend I'm as cool as all y'all.
BenPanced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:29 AM   #205
chopper
remarkable...

chopper is on a distinguished road
likewise, though first i've snagged their certificate and posted it on my site. my theory is that it means absolutely nothing, so therefore anyone can use it.

HTTN (MC1) - complete @ 149k. Submitted. Hold your breath.
HKV (MC2) - complete @ 149k.
Johnny Silver Adventures - 3 down, 2 to go...

http://stevenpoore.wordpress.com/
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:09 AM   #206
victoriastrauss
Writer Beware Goddess
Absolute Sage

victoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh dear--I made "Nick" mad.

- Victoria

Victoria Strauss
www.victoriastrauss.com
Writer Beware: www.writerbeware.com
Writer Beware Blog: www.accrispin.blogspot.com
Follow me on Twitter

victoriastrauss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 05:13 AM   #207
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Victoria, every time I try to come up with something clever to post here in response, I just end up .

"Nick" has way too much time on his hands.
Old 11-20-2011, 05:42 AM   #208
LindaJeanne
On a small world west of wonder

LindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

- Victoria
It looks like English, in that I recognize most of the words, and the words seem to be arranged into sentences...

Even if I stumbled on that page cold, with no idea what his agenda was or why, his prose style has flat-earth-conspiracy theorist written all over it. I can't imagine that anyone taking this guy seriously.
Old 11-20-2011, 07:27 AM   #209
Richard White
Writer Beware's Faithful Igor

Richard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for President
Poor Bobby.

He hasn't realized we're not laughing with him.

We're laughing at him.
Richard White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:51 AM   #210
Shrouded
Ne tequcesiverius extra

Shrouded is on a distinguished road
Nothing sharpens sight like envy. - Thomas Fuller Gnomologia
Shrouded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #211
thothguard51
A Gentleman of a refined age...

thothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsthothguard51 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:

- Victoria
Just to clarify...I am not that Nick...

Damn, I hate when these bastards have the same name...

Currently working on...

From, The Tales of Netherron,
Book 1, A Game of Pawns
Book 2, Pawn takes Queen,
Book 3, Pawn's Gambit,

In the pipeline,
Children of Netherron, follow up trilogy
Guardians of Netherron, prequel trilogy

http://nickanthony51.wordpress.com (on hiatus)

Nick Anthony
thothguard51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #212
zanzjan
get up and dance or die
AW Moderator

zanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentszanzjan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
If anyone needs a smaller version to go in an AW sig, let me know.
Yes, please!

Podcast! StarShipSofa 346

"It's always wrong of course to say that you can't do this or you can't do that in fiction. You can do anything you can get away with, but nobody has ever gotten away with much." -- Flannery O'Connor
zanzjan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:23 AM   #213
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gotcha zanjan; will make them available, if it's OK with Victoria, tomorrow.

Do, please, take note of TWA's assine, illiterate half-witted copyright statement, right under the CC statement.

Geeze. Can they even read? We know they can't write.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:25 AM   #214
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard White View Post
Poor Bobby.

He hasn't realized we're not laughing with him.

We're laughing at him.
He's the kind of guy that you really hope has velcro on his pants, because he can't really cope with the subtleties and inherent risk of a zipper.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:31 AM   #215
Richard White
Writer Beware's Faithful Igor

Richard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for PresidentRichard White should run for President
Quote:
He's the kind of guy that you really hope has velcro on his pants, because he can't really cope with the subtleties and inherent risk of a zipper.
Somebody cue Mr. Skins, because Medievalist deserves a rim shot after that.

*ba-dum bump, shing*

Richard White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM   #216
aliceshortcake
Wilde about Oscar

aliceshortcake has earned our admirationaliceshortcake has earned our admirationaliceshortcake has earned our admirationaliceshortcake has earned our admiration
We need a rim shot smiley.

And a Catskills comedian smiley.

I'll be here all week!
Old 11-20-2011, 07:09 PM   #217
LindaJeanne
On a small world west of wonder

LindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to beholdLindaJeanne is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by thothguard51 View Post
Just to clarify...I am not that Nick...

Damn, I hate when these bastards have the same name...
I feel the same way about the LightSword thread
Old 11-20-2011, 08:20 PM   #218
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneTrueBen View Post
Thanks for the link post, James!

(This is being my blog! I haz a proud! )
Looks like someone else came to the same conclusion you did, Ben:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/miscella...fail-59bfb.htm

As Jamie and Adam might say, that myth is busted.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #219
victoriastrauss
Writer Beware Goddess
Absolute Sage

victoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsvictoriastrauss is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Gotcha zanjan; will make them available, if it's OK with Victoria, tomorrow.
Go for it!

- Victoria

Victoria Strauss
www.victoriastrauss.com
Follow me on Twitter

Old 11-21-2011, 02:14 AM   #220
twm
Sockpuppet

twm is on a distinguished road
I see after Victoria posted about their "bestseller" the geniuses at TWA decided to attack her by posting her Amazon sales ranking.

Listen, TWA people, before you look like total idiots: Amazon sales rankings mean nothing. Zero. Zilch. By using them to attack someone, you are just showing off your ignorance.
twm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:47 AM   #221
JulieB
I grow my own catnip

JulieB has earned our admirationJulieB has earned our admirationJulieB has earned our admirationJulieB has earned our admiration
And here's a Stephen King book with no Amazon rank whatsoever. Guess that means he's a failed author.

(All the way to the bank.)
JulieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 04:39 AM   #222
James D. Macdonald
Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage

James D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJames D. Macdonald is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by twm View Post
before you look like total idiots
Too late!
Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 AM   #223
victoriastrauss
Writer Beware Goddess
Absolute Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by twm View Post
I see after Victoria posted about their "bestseller" the geniuses at TWA decided to attack her by posting her Amazon sales ranking.
All but two of the books they posted are out of print. In some cases they haven't been commercially available for a decade or more. So of course they have terrible rankings.

- Victoria

Victoria Strauss
www.victoriastrauss.com
Follow me on Twitter

Old 11-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #224
Giant Baby
Oh, the humanity.

Giant Baby should run for PresidentGiant Baby should run for PresidentGiant Baby should run for PresidentGiant Baby should run for PresidentGiant Baby should run for PresidentGiant Baby should run for President
And yet, YOU, Victoria, rank quite highly, at all times, in every way, and are always so available to grateful writers. Thanks for all you do, and for all you write. Truly, you kick ass.

I'd also like to thank The Write Agenda for all they do, and for all they write. If it wasn't for those silly, hairbrained screwballs, I might have forgotten to come here and mention how much I adore Victoria every time she posts.

Thanks, TWA!

Who the hell is Margaret? -Twizzle

Giant Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:44 AM   #225
chopper
remarkable...

chopper is on a distinguished road
Quote:
All but two of the books they posted are out of print. In some cases they haven't been commercially available for a decade or more. So of course they have terrible rankings.

- Victoria
Interesting point: what on earth do they hope to gain from a boycott, then? Are they seriously asking people to boycott second-hand bookshops?

HTTN (MC1) - complete @ 149k. Submitted. Hold your breath.
HKV (MC2) - complete @ 149k.
Johnny Silver Adventures - 3 down, 2 to go...

http://stevenpoore.wordpress.com/
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote