Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2012, 04:47 AM   #1176
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Having sunk into cookies, pie, and gum drops, I have decided that whatever I wrote wasn't very good. Every time I have to spend ages looking for something I wrote, it turns out to not be as good as I thought it was.

So, I'll just start over.

I'm only doing this because it was the first three pages of the second draft, which will have so many changes it is sort of a first draft.

I think I'll just go have some more cookies and gum drops. That was working fairly well. Yes, one should always do what one is really good at, right?

So I'm happy about it.
Stlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #1177
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I would just like to say--and this is a seriously important point--that I am coming around on the hot button issue of goatees.

Apparently, some men can wear them well.

Sorry I deviated from chocolate. Here, have some chocolate!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #1178
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymel View Post
No need to choose. They made Oreo Cakes!
erm . . . what are Oreo cakes please?

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:18 AM   #1179
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakesbear View Post
erm . . . what are Oreo cakes please?
Most recipes I've found include a lot of chopped up Oreo cookies.

It's worth a thousand words, isn't it?

Aghhh. I'm now craving cake.

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:21 AM   #1180
WordCount
You don't have coffee? Go away.

WordCount is a shiny, shiny jewelWordCount is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
Most recipes I've found include a lot of chopped up Oreo cookies.

It's worth a thousand words, isn't it?

Aghhh. I'm now craving cake.

Yum.

Enjoying your writing experiences? Any recent trials or tribulations?

I'm starting my planning for Camp NaNo today, as I plan to finish my first novel!
Part of the Job: An Edward Shelton Murder Mystery--editing, proofreading. The works.

Here is my latest idea for a project. It's in the works. Any thoughts and comments will be extremely appreciated, whether you tell me it's gold or utter crap. Leave a comment and get a +1.
WordCount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:29 AM   #1181
Shakesbear

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Thanks GailD. Chocolate cake - must be good!

WordCount how do you have a lot of work to do on your novel?

Old 05-12-2012, 08:15 PM   #1182
WordCount

Quote:
Thanks GailD. Chocolate cake - must be good!

WordCount how do you have a lot of work to do on your novel?
I've never wrote one before. The longest piece of fiction I've ever wrote was around 30K words long (and was shiite, at that.)

I'm hoping NaNo can break me of that.
Part of the Job: An Edward Shelton Murder Mystery--editing, proofreading. The works.

Here is my latest idea for a project. It's in the works. Any thoughts and comments will be extremely appreciated, whether you tell me it's gold or utter crap. Leave a comment and get a +1.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:07 AM   #1183
Stlight
ideas are floating where they will

Location: where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of things
Stlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStlight is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goatees. Yes, some men can wear them and some really shouldn't. Those who can, make up for those who can't.

The full patriarch beard, well only if they use creme rinse on it. And only if they are using it for a disguise.
Stlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #1184
Nightingale
practical experience, FTW

Nightingale is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara View Post
I am having a very bad day at the EDJ (Evil Day Job, for those not in the know).

I come to this thread in search of chocolate.

Any of those tollhouse cookies left, Nightingale? I LOVE tollhouse cookies...

Have a recipe at home somewhere, from my mother. I just never get time to bake these days.

Shara
ABSOLUTELY!!! But they're going fast! It's really a pain in the arse but the kiddies love 'em. I always use the recipe on the back of the chip bag, minus the nuts, I'm squirrelly enough these days LOL!
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #1185
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlight View Post
The full patriarch beard, well only if they use creme rinse on it. And only if they are using it for a disguise.

Happy Mother's Day to all you fabulous moms out there!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #1186
Shakesbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordCount View Post
I've never wrote one before. The longest piece of fiction I've ever wrote was around 30K words long (and was shiite, at that.)

I'm hoping NaNo can break me of that.
Good luck! A few years back I wrote 30,000 in ten days. It was awful, really awful! I couldn't understand it when I read it.

Old 05-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #1187
WordCount

Quote:
Good luck! A few years back I wrote 30,000 in ten days. It was awful, really awful! I couldn't understand it when I read it.

I wrote mine in a month, and, yeah. Shite

Did I mention it was the second thing I'd ever wrote?

Old 05-14-2012, 02:42 AM   #1188
Shakesbear

No you didn't. Hopefully we learn from mistakes.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 AM   #1189
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Only 145 more posts to go before I reach 3k... I mean 144 after this one.

**Sounds like what I say when I'm counting words.**

Last edited by HistorySleuth; 05-15-2012 at 10:08 AM. Reason: OOPS! I meant 144 :D
HistorySleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #1190
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Go History!

Today I'm going on a field trip with the boy. Help. Not that I don't want to go. I do. I have a blast with him and his friends. I just... don't want to go.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:32 PM   #1191
wonderactivist
move along, nothing to see here

wonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputationwonderactivist has a golden reputation
I thought of y'all yesterday when, as part of my current stress-fest, I dug into a massive bowl of Blue Bell Rocky Road ice cream ...
Old 05-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #1192
Shakesbear

Urgh! Hail! I went out to get a few groceries and got caught in a hail storm. Hail stings.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:56 AM   #1193
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Namatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlight View Post
Goatees. Yes, some men can wear them and some really shouldn't. Those who can, make up for those who can't.
QFT.

Quote:

Namatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:13 AM   #1194
lorna_w
grump

lorna_w has a double-platinum reputationlorna_w has a double-platinum reputationlorna_w has a double-platinum reputationlorna_w has a double-platinum reputationlorna_w has a double-platinum reputationlorna_w has a double-platinum reputationlorna_w has a double-platinum reputation
reading through three pages of this (understandable) love of sweets is making me, oddly, crave cheese. Particularly this cheese, dotted with nigella seeds, which isn't carried at any grocery story in this town:

lorna_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 05:15 AM   #1195
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Namatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cheese is never bad. I'm pretty sure cheese can't be bad, ever.

Namatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 AM   #1196
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Reminder to self: Don't read this thread at 7am, people look at your funny when you order chocolate cake with your coffee for breakfast.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #1197
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Um... Chocolate cake for breakfast is a problem because...?

New blog - Write, Right and Research. Part 3 (Final) UPDATED DEC 1st. With pictures!!

GailD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #1198
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

I know, right?! It sounds good to me.

Right now I'm making chocolate chip pancakes. Because what's better right before the beach than chocolate chip pancakes?

Life is good.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:48 PM   #1199
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
In the UK there is now chocolate flavoured cheese. And it is very, very good. http://www.philadelphia.co.uk/philad...1&PagecRef=841
Old 05-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #1200
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Ew!