Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #951
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Shakes, next time just park the car and go shopping til it clears.

On Amazon.
HistorySleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:23 PM   #952
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
HistorySleuth there were no car parks. Worse, no shops. I did take a pit stop - memory of it makes me shudder! I did think of taking the coast road - but all the roads leading to it were fouled up. Sigh . . . put it down to experience.

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #953
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yikes Shakes! That sounds dreadful.

I am speaking to you on my handy dandy speech to text software, because I have once again blown out my hand. Not sure what happened, but I think most of the tendons are shot. :-(

In other news, has anyone seen French lately? French, we are thinking about you!
heyjude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 09:17 PM   #954
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
I envision HJ keeping attendance with a spreadsheet of our names down one side and the dates across the top.

After one of us doesn't post for a week or two she pulls out the truancy stick and starts lookin'.
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #955
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's bad, right?

I love you guys and worry when you go missing!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:26 PM   #956
DocBrown

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
It is only mildly stalkerish.

I guess that qualifies as normal.
In an impactful way

Old 03-24-2012, 06:00 AM   #957
HistorySleuth

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Awww. Jude, I'm so sorry to hear that! Looks like your voice to text software works good though. Rest your digets.

On Amazon.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #958
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Thanks folks. I've escaped now and am happily sitting in the sun just a few kms from Rome, doing notes for my WIP. Dealing with dad is so much easier from here...
Old 03-24-2012, 11:00 PM   #959
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
Thanks folks. I've escaped now and am happily sitting in the sun just a few kms from Rome, doing notes for my WIP. Dealing with dad is so much easier from here...
I'm not jealous, nope, not me...

Good luck with the notes, Zelenka.
muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #960
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelenka View Post
Sounds lovely, you jet-setter, you!
Old 03-27-2012, 11:52 AM   #961
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
Sounds lovely, you jet-setter, you!
Just had to say, it was so lovely. The conference was at a hotel in Fiuggi, little spa town about an hour from Rome. Got a chance to speak to a couple of writers there (who do both script and prose) and somehow it's always a wee confidence boost when people actually take you seriously when you say you're trying to be a writer. Got some really good advice and some book reccs from them, and had the chance to talk to my actor / muse (and not just to drool either, asked him about the school in Canada as he works in the industry there, basically had he heard of it or knew anyone who'd been there, and turns out he has a friend teaches on the acting course and it seems to have a really good reputation).

Also met a girl from Vienna, who it turned out had studied law then gone to work in theatre, and was going to LA next year to go to film school, as opposed to me, who worked in theatre, studied law, and is going to Vancouver next year to film school! So weird, we had almost exactly the same life! So we're going to keep in touch and since I'm doing screenwriting, she's doing production, we're joking about making our own company when we graduate. I'll write 'em, she'll film 'em.

Only thing is now I'll have to go back to reality and am working a double shift tonight!

But it is a little easier to write when this is the view you're looking at, I must say - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...weavil/245.jpg
Old 03-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #962
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Zelenka your weekend sounds very productive. Go you! That is a lovely view. My view is not so good - an Eucalyptus tree, a bramble and a dead shrub the name of which I have forgotten. Curtain is closed though, as the early morning sun is too bright and blinding.

I am taking today off. Work yesterday was another stupid journey - lorries creeping at 20mph, a tractor that looked lost and then traffic works.

Time for second breakfast . . .

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #963
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Z, that's fabulous!
Old 03-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #964
muse

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
But it is a little easier to write when this is the view you're looking at, I must say - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...weavil/245.jpg
Nice view, Zelenka. It's a wonder you got any work done at all.

It's a beautiful day here today so I've taken my laptop outside to work. At the moment it's really peaceful, just me, the laptop and my dog with his head on my bare toes. Maybe the muse will come visit too.

How are the hands today, HJ?
Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 PM   #965
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

A lot better, thanks.

Unfortunately, I just got home from the vet and we're going downhill significantly with the Old Man. We've tried every trick, including some not yet legal in this country, to stave off the arthritis, and all we can do now is keep him as comfortable as possible.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #966
MarkEsq
Clever title pending.

Location: In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasis of Austin.
MarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Zelenka, that's awesome. Very jealous. But how inspirational for you and your writing, very cool.

HJ, sorry about the "old man." Starting to move into that phase here with our lab. No fun, my sympathies.

MarkEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 AM   #967
Sassy3421
Plotting murder..most of the time

Sassy3421 has earned our admirationSassy3421 has earned our admirationSassy3421 has earned our admirationSassy3421 has earned our admiration
Hey everyone, it's been far too long. I see a lot of you have been going through "life" - not always fun.

HJ, sorry to hear about both your wrists and your "Old Man" Dogs rule! (sorry to the cat people)

Doc Brown, you're published now!

Zelenka, hi in Rome! And I hear you about parent "issues". Mine don't agree with my writing genre.

Anyway, guys I just wanted to "pop" in and say hi to everyone. I'm keeping busy. I just finished writing my eighth novel ;D And now, I'm working on edits for another book, which is set to release this summer.

Twitter

Watch the book trailer for ELEVEN here

My Books
Amazon US
Amazon UK
Amazon France
Amazon Germany

Sassy3421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #968
HistorySleuth

Sassy!!!!! Hey there!!! Glad to see you plowing out the books.

Shakes, I hear ya, it tis tractor season once again---about a month early around here because we had a mild winter and it was warm the last couple weeks.

Course it's been chilly the last few days. Apple growers are very worried as some of there trees were budding. I saw on the news they had their heater pots out in the orchards trying to keep the air warmer over night. I have a small baby flowering tree, very small and short still, only two years old that I covered last night. I left it on as it is starting to bud too, and it's dipping down again tonight.

Jude, I hope "the old man" is resting comfortably.

On Amazon.

Last edited by HistorySleuth; 03-28-2012 at 10:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #969
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Sassy! (The Old Man is a cat, btw. )

He's doing okay, History. I never count him out. We almost lost him 2 years ago (insulin shock or whatever you call it) and I've been preparing myself ever since, while appreciating every extra second.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #970
wonderactivist
move along, nothing to see here

wonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputationwonderactivist has a double-platinum reputation
HJ, I'm so glad about your cat. And SASSY, we've missed you. So glad to hear about your books.
Old 03-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #971
muse

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
Sassy! (The Old Man is a cat, btw. )

He's doing okay, History. I never count him out. We almost lost him 2 years ago (insulin shock or whatever you call it) and I've been preparing myself ever since, while appreciating every extra second.
Here's hoping for many, many more extra seconds, HJ.
Old 03-29-2012, 02:48 PM   #972
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Thank you.

And now to reveal the depths of my craziness: I invited 9 girls (plus mine, of course) to a sleepover to celebrate dd's birthday. How many could actually make it?, I reasoned. 5? 6?

Oh yeah. There will be 10 9-year-olds at my house for a sleepover Friday night.

Help me.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #973
MarkEsq
Clever title pending.

Location: In the wilds of Texas. Actually, the liberal oasis of Austin.
MarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMarkEsq is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Masochist.

MarkEsq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:33 PM   #974
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

I resemble that remark.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #975
DocBrown

Fortunately, it's not 10 little boys. We all know boys are made with snips and snails and puppy dog tails making them little slimy Frankenstein monsters, which means...

Which means I need some caffeine don't I?
In an impactful way