Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Mystery/Thriller/Suspense
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2011, 07:44 PM   #376
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
So-so raspberries soaked in brandy and then used in raspberry cheesecake are amazing! Especially if you drain off the brandy and save it to drink with said cheesecake :-))))))))

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:25 AM   #377
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I want chocolate-coated chocolate.

No.

Wait.

I need chocolate-coated chocolate. Lots of it. Tons of it. Truckoads of it!!!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

GailD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:17 AM   #378
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Namatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I survived the day because of chocolate. Chocolate saves lives!

Namatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:02 AM   #379
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
Wow! Congratulations Todd!
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #380
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post

No.

Wait.

Oh no! What's wrong, Gail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddWBush View Post
Its a girl!! We just had our second child! Welcome to the world, Charley Frances Bush!
Congratulations, Todd. She is absolutely gorgeous.
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #381
HistorySleuth
Researching History's Mysteries

HistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHistorySleuth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wait ... how do you know she's gorgeous? Well, not that she wouldn't be and of course it goes without saying she is, but your statement implies you saw a picture. And said picture is being selfishly hoarded I take it?

Congrats Todd!

On Amazon.
HistorySleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 PM   #382
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Facebook is a wonderful thing, History.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #383
French Maiden
practical experience, FTW

French Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admiration
*bites into an almond magnum icecream*

Congrats Todd. My niece is Charli - Cute name and love the spelling

My grandfather was Charles Francis - May he Rest in peace - Even better name choice on your behalf

Had the most hectic day with hospital appointments for my son, on the plus side, I started chapter 6 of my WIP on hte train there.

Last edited by French Maiden; 11-17-2011 at 03:32 PM.
French Maiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 06:44 PM   #384
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

French Maiden! I hope your son is okay.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:52 PM   #385
Namatu
Lost in mental space.

Namatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNamatu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Todd!

Namatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:18 PM   #386
Shakesbear

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post

No.

Wait.

Now you are just being greedy. And confused. Ah well, the chocolate will sort them both out!

Quote:
Its a girl!! We just had our second child! Welcome to the world, Charley Frances Bush!
Congratulations!

Old 11-17-2011, 07:21 PM   #387
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Many congratulations Todd! All the best to you and your family.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:39 PM   #388
Zelenka
Going home!

Zelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputationZelenka has a double-platinum reputation
Ooh, also, I know this isn't anything compared to people who have books and stories published but I have my first ever paid writing gig. It's just for my current boss, who wants some stuff written for her new website, but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! She called and said she'd been reading my blog, which is in the signature on my emails but I usually forget about it being there, but she said she was impressed by my writing there and so would I come in on this project!

So I'm quite happy.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:52 PM   #389
Shakesbear

Woooo Go you Zelenka. Congratulations!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:18 AM   #390
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Wonderful, Zelenka!
Old 11-18-2011, 12:55 AM   #391
DocBrown
Hopes to one day write for food.

DocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admirationDocBrown has earned our admiration
Congrats Z!
In an impactful way
While knowing they impact nothing!

My Obligatory Blog: http://trickbrown.com
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #392
GailD
Plotting the breakthrough...

GailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGailD is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Todd, and lots and lots of good wishes!

I was in shock! I learned that 115K is still too much for a first novel submission. I was down to 135K from 196K and felt that I could make the 115K target.

So I needed a lot of chocolate.

I had to pop into the supermarket for bread and milk and you know how they put those racks of goodies right at the till. They had 100g slabs of Cadburys Bourneville on special. I bought one and scoffed the whole thing!!

Okay, I'll own up. I bought two. But I hid the other one.

I'm trying to forget where I hid it.

I'm not succeeding.

ETA: Congrats, Zelenka! May this paying gig multiply!

New blog - Jumping Genres. (Updated August 14)

Last edited by GailD; 11-18-2011 at 01:45 AM.
GailD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 09:15 AM   #393
French Maiden

French Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admirationFrench Maiden has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyjude View Post
French Maiden! I hope your son is okay.
Thanks for the concern. Yes, He's fine, just follow up appointments for his eyes.

Last year he was having treatment for cancer - a brain tumor (he's in remission now) so we've got 10 more years of follow up appointments - i better get used to trhem :P
Old 11-18-2011, 09:41 AM   #394
mccardey
I'm writing. Undistractable.

mccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmccardey is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, Todd: I wish I had facebook... And well done Zelenka, too. I had a productive week up until today - too many late nights, I think or else I'm just getting old. (Surely not??)

ETA: G'day Maiden - another Aussie! Yayy!
mccardey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:40 PM   #395
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Maiden View Post
Thanks for the concern. Yes, He's fine, just follow up appointments for his eyes.

Last year he was having treatment for cancer - a brain tumor (he's in remission now) so we've got 10 more years of follow up appointments - i better get used to trhem :P
Wow. I'm so sorry your family has to go through that.

My dad recently celebrated 10 years cancer-free after stage 4 colon cancer. We are and with him. I pray those 10 years go quickly for you and your boy.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #396
Shakesbear

Maiden I join my prayers to HJ, that the years will go quickly.

I recently joined the local Amateur Dramatic group as I was interested in their latest project. Last night my first bit of writing for them was 'premièred'! 'twas The Prologue. It was well received, but the actors really had to work at it and I was quietly pleased by the way the director had them interpret it. Sigh ... though some were a tad more interested in Sir John Gielgud's boots that I had taken along!

Did I say I was a name dropper?

Old 11-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #397
French Maiden

HJ - Congrats to your dad being cancer free for such a long time, thats truley an accomplishment .

We hope to join him in 9 years and 3 months... not that im counting

It was/is an awful thing to have to go through, but I am greatful for the experience, it gave me my inspiration to write my WIP.

Thanks for the prayers and warm wishes <3 Much appreciated xx
Old 11-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #398
French Maiden

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccardey View Post
ETA: G'day Maiden - another Aussie! Yayy!
Hiya.

Yep, Aussie Gal right here - Although I call myself a French Maiden
Old 11-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #399
Zelenka
Going home!

Thanks everyone.

French Maiden - hope you have many more years with him. I lost my mother to endometrial cancer last year after three years of chemo so I know how hard it can be to support someone through all those treatments. Really glad he's in remission and hugs for you and your family.

Z
Old 11-18-2011, 07:24 PM   #400
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Congratulations, Todd. (I love the name Charley.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Maiden

Wow. I'm so sorry your family has to go through that.

My dad recently celebrated 10 years cancer-free after stage 4 colon cancer. We are and with him. I pray those 10 years go quickly for you and your boy.
I also second HJ. Sending you hugs and warm thoughts.:Hug2
muse is offline   Reply With Quote