Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Rejection and Dejection
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2011, 11:19 PM   #326
Cricket18
Gnawing my hairless tail

Cricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCricket18 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
WOO HOO, SILVER!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe, "Hi, ho, Silver!!!!"
Cricket18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 AM   #327
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

Snappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You know what this means, Silver...

Last edited by Snappy; 11-04-2011 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling, oy
Snappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:40 AM   #328
Dragonstar
a wishin' and a hopin'

Dragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDragonstar is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Grats, silver!!
Old 11-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #329
Wordwrestler
permaflounced

Wordwrestler is a glorious beacon of lightWordwrestler is a glorious beacon of lightWordwrestler is a glorious beacon of light
AWESOME, SILVER!

Companion books—what fun!

Last edited by Wordwrestler; 11-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Wordwrestler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:26 AM   #330
mario_c
Look deep into her brain...

mario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well done, Silver!
mario_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #331
madderblue
Beagle Lips.

madderblue has earned our admirationmadderblue has earned our admirationmadderblue has earned our admirationmadderblue has earned our admiration
Congratulations, Silver! Can't wait for all the pieces to settle into place so you can spill the details.

A Robe of Feathers and Other Stories

Charles de Lint says: "A Robe of Feathers is a truly unique collection that suits no easy categorization except that of excellence."

The Kappa's Fart: Kappa no He
madderblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 PM   #332
lotus7
Getting the hang of it all

lotus7 is on a distinguished road
Congratulations Silver, what wonderful news!!

T0uch of Darkness (urban fantasy w/ romantic elements, co-written with Tina M0ss)

Fire Mist (working title) - WIP - urban fantasy
lotus7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #333
mario_c

mario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmario_c is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The contest I critique for just got a thank you note from Nicholls Fellow Dion Cook, regarding the notes our readers provide and how it helped him win the 'Wood's most notable and prestigious contest. This validation is off the scale, and no I didn't provide the notes, but I'm thrilled for the teammates who did.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:07 AM   #334
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay for validation! Good things are always good to hear, Mario.
kellion92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:47 AM   #335
mario_c

Thanks, Kellion!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:55 PM   #336
soulcascade
Bright lights induce scuttling

soulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthoodsoulcascade is a candidate for sainthood
Very cool, Mario!
soulcascade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:18 PM   #337
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

Snappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnappy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mario, that's great!
Old 11-08-2011, 08:19 PM   #338
silver76
Living the Dream (Nightmare)

silver76 is a splendid one to beholdsilver76 is a splendid one to beholdsilver76 is a splendid one to behold
awesome mario!

Goodreads
Blog
Website
ORDER PRETTY AMY
silver76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:53 AM   #339
mario_c

Thanks, you guys! Once again, I'm perfectly willing to carry the appreciation for a job well done to the people who did the job but seriously, I appreciate it a lot!
Old 11-09-2011, 11:14 PM   #340
silver76

silver76 is a splendid one to beholdsilver76 is a splendid one to beholdsilver76 is a splendid one to behold
OK talked to agent- contract on the way!!!! Book 1 is a definite with a clause for first dibs on companion books two and three... can't say where yet cause it involves an editor move...
but YAY!!!!

Goodreads
Blog
Website
ORDER PRETTY AMY
Old 11-10-2011, 12:07 AM   #341
OL
Still a beach bum...

OL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOL is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Silver --- WHOAH!!! That's HUGE!!!
HI YO, SILVER!!!!! AWAAAAYY!!!!!!!

(it was Cricket's idea, but I had to do it)
Old 11-10-2011, 01:28 AM   #342
mario_c

Well done, Silver!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:03 AM   #343
kellion92
A cat may not look at a king

kellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskellion92 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Woohoooo!!!! Great news, Silver!!!!
kellion92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:55 AM   #344
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

SILVER!!!! YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Bring on dancing bananas:

Old 11-14-2011, 06:18 AM   #345
Roly
silly puppy monster

Roly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRoly is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay Silver (already repped u but again YAY) and YAY Mario! I'm so happy when there's god news in the pit

I finished my ms and finally handed it into my agent. Really nervous, but I'm so glad that I finally have another ms to turn in!

Feather Bound (YA Magical Realism/Strange Chemistry Books/Spring 2014):
*Now available.*
Add on: Goodreads
Purchase Links and Sample Chapter

D.S. (YA Fantasy): *with agent, awaiting the go ahead to catch the sub-go-round.*

My twitter is real.
Roly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:37 AM   #346
mario_c

Thank you, Roly! And good luck - hitting send can be a trying task (but it's nothing compared to meetings and cold calls). Doing it is 99 percent of the battle.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 PM   #347
silver76

OK GUYS- i can officially tell you where and who on the book. PR3TTY A9Y will be published MAY 2012 by Ent@ngled Publishing.
as i mentioned companion books are on the horizon with them as well. PHEW! it was HARD to keep that secret...

Goodreads
Blog
Website
ORDER PRETTY AMY

Last edited by silver76; 11-18-2011 at 11:31 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #348
Snappy
A new year, a new avatar

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S AWESOME, SILVER!!!

So happy for you. Must go add to my TBR list. WOOT!
Old 11-17-2011, 09:00 PM   #349
silver76

THANK YOU SNAPPY! i think her move says something about the changes in publishing that are happening before our very eyes...

Goodreads
Blog
Website
ORDER PRETTY AMY
Old 11-17-2011, 09:02 PM   #350
ink wench
ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine

ink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsink wench is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CONGRATS, silver!!! So happy for you!!

An0ther L1ttle P1ece 0f My Heart
(Harlequin Teen)- December 2013

Twitter * Website
ink wench is offline   Reply With Quote