Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Science Fiction/Fantasy
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2011, 11:10 PM   #1876
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Everyone else's limericks are better then mine. (Possibly because I'm not a poet.)

I'm going to go torment my MC now...
Old 09-29-2011, 11:12 PM   #1877
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, tormenting the MC is a good plan. It helps the writing.

Goodreads

I'm a friend of Foo Bat - join the club!
parumpdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:19 PM   #1878
Al Stevens
practical experience, FTW

Al Stevens leaves trails of profuse coolnessAl Stevens leaves trails of profuse coolnessAl Stevens leaves trails of profuse coolnessAl Stevens leaves trails of profuse coolnessAl Stevens leaves trails of profuse coolness
A toothy old dragon with moxie,
Thought a shrinking young damsel was foxy,
When he fondled her puppers,
She busted his uppers,
Now he holds them in place with epoxy.
Al Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:44 PM   #1879
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There was a dragon I knew named Xinhao
Who loved noshing villages and sows
what he thought was a great boar
was in truth a great whore
Now his tongue's all covered in cold sores.
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 11:49 PM   #1880
night-flyer
One cow, two cows, three...

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ew Bart...

Just droppin' in to see if there's any word yet. Guess not.

<really came by to read the poetry>

twitter & fb (for a friend)

WIP1- One of Us, SF/Horror
WIP2- Flying with Broken Wings, Fantasy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synonym View Post
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

night-flyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #1881
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

parumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsparumpdragon is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Aye - yeah, we're going to have a whole 'thread anthology' pretty soon.

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 01:20 AM   #1882
Pthom

Pthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPthom is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Do dragons have male-pattern baldness?
Where their pates glow and just might cause blindness?
Or is it just that
When dragons get fat
They suffer from male-pattern grossness?
Old 09-30-2011, 01:31 AM   #1883
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 02:03 AM   #1884
night-flyer

night-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsnight-flyer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I waited for the dragon that ate my sheep
I hid in the shadows, nary a peep
With jagged teeth and foul breath
He stood before me smelling of death
I sunk my sword deep into his side
The fierce beast glared at me and sighed
I left your wife and children alone, he said
And yet, you still wish me dead
I must eat, and if you must act like a beast
Then I shall make you my main feast.

Quote:
Just when I think that this thread couldn't possibly get any stranger...it does.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:08 AM   #1885
mrongey
figuring it all out

mrongey is on a distinguished road
Last semester I we wrote some dragon poetry with Anglo-Saxon rhyme, meter, and alliteration for my Beowulf class. I'm not sure where it is at the moment, though.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 AM   #1886
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

IT is the poetry that never ends...

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 02:25 AM   #1887
night-flyer

I had to get mine in there just in case there was a dragon poem anthology next. I think Mac said she liked those.

anyway gets the mind off the inbox.

Quote:

Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 AM   #1888
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

You had to say inbox

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 03:11 AM   #1889
Calla Lily
Formerly known as callalily61
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
dragon claw clicks mouse
empty screen mocks fragiie hope
flame breath fries in-box
Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #1890
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've had several heart-attack-inducing e-mails lately. Some of them were justified in my anticipation

Read the crits! The Beta Project (password: beta)

Love Sucks - now available at Musa Publishing, B&N, and Amazon

"Fireflies" -Absolute Visions

Taylor-Made: Overhaul in progress!

Hero/Villain Series:
Hero/Villain - minor tweaking needed
Master/Puppet - 5566 words
Super/Human - Plotting (832 words)

A Paranormal Bromance - waiting for 2nd revision
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:36 AM   #1891
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Still waiting with baited breath

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 AM   #1892
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by parumpdragon View Post
Still waiting with baited breath
May or may not work, depending on what you baited it with.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 05:00 AM   #1893
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 06:48 AM   #1894
FabricatedParadise
Can be bribed with circus peanuts

FabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFabricatedParadise is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Am I too late? I have the next big thing in dragon poetry:

Little miss muffet
Sat on a tuffet
Eating her curds and whey
When along came a dragon
Who was hitched to a wagon
And carted miss muffet away
FabricatedParadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #1895
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Hahaaha...

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #1896
Jessianodel
Blessed by the AW Gods

Jessianodel is a glorious beacon of lightJessianodel is a glorious beacon of light
I have so much work!!! Blagh I hate school projects...

Anyway, no news yet I assume? That means I can resist the urge to check my email for about two seconds longer.

Excuse me.

Thanks for the avatar Mac!

Jessianodel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #1897
parumpdragon
Just chick n it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessianodel View Post
Anyway, no news yet I assume? That means I can resist the urge to check my email for about two seconds longer.

Excuse me.
^Ditto!

Goodreads

Old 09-30-2011, 12:08 PM   #1898
areteus

areteus has earned our admirationareteus has earned our admirationareteus has earned our admirationareteus has earned our admiration
Set up a program to automatically notify you of mails. Then you can relax until a random beep in the middle of the day startles you into a heart attack...

Transitions
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transitions-...tt_at_ep_dpt_2

'Gods of the Sea'
Part of the Pirates and Swashbucklers anthology:

http://pulpempire.com/mag/

My blog:

http://lurkingmusings.wordpress.com/

I helped write this:

http://www.realmfw.com/
areteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:17 PM   #1899
Bartholomew
我的身分還是秘密.

Bartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBartholomew is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh my dragon
Oh my dragon
Oh my dragon Clementiiiine,
You don't taste good with a cookie,
but for virgins you're just fiiiiine.
Bartholomew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #1900
Gale Haut
waxing digital artistic

Gale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGale Haut is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I once had a dragon fer a pet
'Eh was the meanest thing I ever did met
Then I married the blasted beast's sitter
And me new wife popped a twenty fold litter

The meanest thing I know now
Be me damned wife's left tet.

Last edited by Gale Haut; 09-30-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Gale Haut is offline   Reply With Quote